Romney Loses His Cool With Reporter, LOL!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Paulie, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,350
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdGUSjd3Tmo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdGUSjd3Tmo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Haha I was waiting for him to say "It depends on what your definition of 'is' is".

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Reporters suck. If it had been RP you'd have out the pom poms and be trumpetting his balls.

Let's be real. Some reporters DESERVE to have their heads bitten off.

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    More evidence of the reporters making the news instead of reporting it.

I think Mitt handled himself pretty well.

4. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,350
    I'd rather CNN have shown Ron Paul being asked by a reporter about this newsletter incident, then watch Romney get grilled about a lobbyist working for his campaign, believe me. But they wouldn't do that. They'd rather run an op-ed hit piece, and leave it at that.

The fact of the matter is that Romney got pissed because he was asked a tough question that he had no good answer for, and I thought that was pretty funny.

Why do reporters suck for wanting a straight answer to their questions? If reporters can't ask tough questions, then who can?

5. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    The reporter was fishing for a pre-determined answer. In other words, he knew what he wanted to hear, and it didn't matter that Romney blasted his supposition out of the water. He in no way showed Romney up, but rather showed his own bias.

6. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,350
    Making the news? The reporter was not reporting any news, he was asking a question while out on the journalistic trail. You know, like what their job description indicates?

Mitt did not handle himself well. He wiggled his way out of an obvious uncomfortable situation. He's a politician, he should expect that to happen.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,350
    Supposition? BLASTED? PLEASE.

Romney pulled a Clinton right there. The POINT of the matter is that he's got an influential lobbyist helping his campaign. Romney tried making a difference out of working "for" the campaign, and working "with" the campaign.

The reporter wasn't fishing for anything but an explanation as to why the lobbyist is involved to begin with. Romney dodged it, and looked stupid in the way he went about it.

The best was at the end where he basically asks the reporter for all intents and purposes -let's take it outside-. What is there to talk about on the side that couldn't have been hashed out right there in public, on record?

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Whoops, I meant opposition.

And no, the reporter was NOT trying to find out why the lobbyist was involved to begin with. He questioned Romney's statement that his campaign was not run by lobbyists. Do you understand English? And nothing the reporter said did anything to discredit Romney's assertion that his campaign was not run by lobbyists. All he did was point out that Romney knew a lobbyist. He lost.

9. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,350
    The lobbyist is a senior advisor. Not being PAID doesn't mean that he doesn't have lobbyists in his campaign. And the reporter, if you watch the WHOLE VIDEO, which it doesn't seem like you have, elaborates later that he was not just questioning whether or not he had a lobbyist RUNNING his campaign. Romney dodged, by continually saying 'I dont have lobbyists running my campaign' about a million times, as if somehow that takes care of everything.

He's a supposed front-runner, and he doesn't have lobbyists at his shoulders? You believe that? Just because they aren't "washington lobbyists" as he calls it, doesn't mean they're not lobbyists.

The man is dodging and lying. That you can not see that due to your partiality is not my problem.

Not only did Romney pull a Clinton, so too are you in this thread. Semantics, Alliebaba.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770

I see. It's a tough question when reporters ask Romney, but it would be an unfair, one-sided setup if it made Paul look bad.

Reporters don't ask "tough" questions. They ask questions that force people to tailor their answers to suit reporters' spins.