Romney Just Cut His Own Throat

Restraining orders you had to get against old boyfriends are irrelevant, but anyway....

1) Rich people already pay most of the taxes in this country, how about the millions of people that pay NO income taxes pony up a few dollars, in the interest of fairness.

2) Now the good little marxist wants wealth redistribution to include SS as well. :clap2:

Wow. I mean, you really think calling people gay is a huge insult? Really? You know, they've done studies that show that most homophobes are likely to be latent gays than non-homophobic people.

The rich pay taxes that are less than the amount of the wealth that they control, and that's a large part of the problem. Please don't tell me that Mittens paying 13% tax while working folks pay 25% tax is fair or even sensible.

Means testing isn't about "Marxism". It's about what the program was for. It never should have been about a nice bonus check for people who already are rich. It was meant to keep old people from starving to death when they couldn't work anymore. That's the purpose. But because we Americans don't really like that sort of thing, we had to call it a "retirement program", when in fact, it was nothing of the sort. Rich or poor, you collect more than you paid into it if you live past 72. That might be sensible for a retiree of sensible means, but if you have a mansion, it really doesnt' make sense.

YOu see, I think that Romney is right on the overall principle, that the retirement age might need to go up. But you have to change a lot of other things before you get there.

One could think you're not a disingenuous faggot if you didn't tow the moonbat line of tax rates, knowing damn well Romney's income tax rate is higher than any "working folks" tax rate. Also funny how moonbats like you are all for means testing on SS (which people pay into) but not for it on things such as welfare. Someone who pays into a program for the better part of their life, but doesn't get any of it back is "fair"?........:cuckoo:
INCOME tax is only part of the tax picture; sales, fuel, user, property, and license fees add up also. Most are WAY up in my state after the "income tax cut".

HENCE the fork parrying.

A kitteh with a machine gun maybe?

04286b6d-e1d1-4dc4-90da-607a518ae2e0.jpg

Wow, that's really ghey.
I'm busy ineffectually flirting for fun and comedy not to mention piss off those taking this thread seriously.

128757122796874705.jpg

dm1810one-tough-cookie-posters.jpg

People are living longer. Across the world, countries are raising their retirement ages because their social security programs cannot cope with the numbers. He didn't 'cut his own throat', he told the truth. Fucking lazy bastards will have to work longer. Get used to it.

We can't find jobs for the people who want work now... And Mittens wants to make them all work longer?

The people who have the hardest time in a recession like this. Anyone over fifty. Mittens wants to increase the labor pool with a lot of people who are already goign to have a hard time finding work.

Yeah, Mr. "I like to be able to fire people" Obviously has no connection to the real world, or he wouldn't make statements like this.

Yes, I'm so sure you are way better at economic formulas than Mitt Romney. :rolleyes:

The fact that you keep quoting "I like to be able to fire people" shows your own comfy disconnect from the real world...liar.

Mitt Romney made his quarter billion dollars like I can flop my wings and fly. His daddy was the president of an automobile company. What he has done is play the part of a corporate raider. His venture capitalism basically bought up companies which were in trouble, divided them up the best way to make money for his investors and laid off people and shut the companies down. With taxes the lowest they've been in forty years he's already pledged to fight any new taxes. I have news for him and for his supporters. That goddam "Trickle Down," "Voodoo Economics" bullshit didn't work before and if the voting public of this country fall for that again they deserve what they get.

We can't find jobs for the people who want work now... And Mittens wants to make them all work longer?

The people who have the hardest time in a recession like this. Anyone over fifty. Mittens wants to increase the labor pool with a lot of people who are already goign to have a hard time finding work.

Yeah, Mr. "I like to be able to fire people" Obviously has no connection to the real world, or he wouldn't make statements like this.

Yes, I'm so sure you are way better at economic formulas than Mitt Romney. :rolleyes:

The fact that you keep quoting "I like to be able to fire people" shows your own comfy disconnect from the real world...liar.

Mitt Romney made his quarter billion dollars like I can flop my wings and fly. His daddy was the president of an automobile company. What he has done is play the part of a corporate raider. His venture capitalism basically bought up companies which were in trouble, divided them up the best way to make money for his investors and laid off people and shut the companies down. With taxes the lowest they've been in forty years he's already pledged to fight any new taxes. I have news for him and for his supporters. That goddam "Trickle Down," "Voodoo Economics" bullshit didn't work before and if the voting public of this country fall for that again they deserve what they get.
You are just jealous that it wasn't YOU.

Wealth envy looks bad on you sport.

Like I said. Diamonds and gold cause I'm just that awesome.

thenk yewwww....

It's not about wealth envy. While I think he should pay his fair share of taxes, I really wouldn' tknow what to do with that kind of money and frankly, I wouldn't be able to really feel good knowing it was made putting working folks out of good paying jobs.

BUt the thing is, what I want from a president is first and foremost a guy who understands that his actions have consequences for people who aren't rich.

Obama does. Santorum does. I think Newt does.

Romney. Well, he likes to be able to fire people.

1) Make Rich Douchebags pay their fair share. - We are in this mess because surpluses in Social Security were used to cover tax cuts for rich people. There is actually plenty of money in the Social Security Trust fund. But it's all in the form of Government bonds that now have to be redeemed.

Uh, and in fact US government has infinite amount of money. It's just in bonds that have to be sold and redeemed. :cuckoo:

1) Make Rich Douchebags pay their fair share. - We are in this mess because surpluses in Social Security were used to cover tax cuts for rich people. There is actually plenty of money in the Social Security Trust fund. But it's all in the form of Government bonds that now have to be redeemed.

Uh, and in fact US government has infinite amount of money. It's just in bonds that have to be sold and redeemed. :cuckoo:

Obviously, the point is lost on you. I'll try to dumb it down for you.

The Government has two funds. (actually three). They have general funds, which they use to fix roads, pay for wars, etc. Then they have the Social Security Trust fund. That's the fund the use to pay out social security and what is left over is used to pay future retirees.

Now, back in the 1980's, Ronald Reagan had the idea to increase the tax on that and put away more funds so when the Baby Boomers retired, there would be money there for them. Brilliant move, really. Man deserves credit. Unfortunately, those funds were put into bonds that were used by the General Fund to buy bombs and bridges and big buildings named after retiring senators. Except now those funds are coming due. Largely because they kept cutting taxes for rich people instead of making sure we could pay for the bombs and the bridges and so on.

So now Social Security is coming up and saying, "Hey, we need to redeem these bonds so Granny doesn't have to eat Alpo next week."

Mitt Romney's solution is not to raise those taxes, or to cut other spending, but to make Granny work a little longer, even though no one actually wants to hire her.

And he's the one who moved a lot of the jobs Granny could do to China.

I earned every penny I've ever had. My daddy's first job was timekeeper on the WPA making $6.00 a week. Romney's daddy owned a car company. The idea of that elitist bastard knowing anything about a real job are about the same that a flock of bird dogs will fly overhead. Don't strain your neck.

Last edited:

Obviously, the point is lost on you. I'll try to dumb it down for you.

The Government has two funds. (actually three). They have general funds, which they use to fix roads, pay for wars, etc. Then they have the Social Security Trust fund. That's the fund the use to pay out social security and what is left over is used to pay future retirees.

Now, back in the 1980's, Ronald Reagan had the idea to increase the tax on that and put away more funds so when the Baby Boomers retired, there would be money there for them. Brilliant move, really. Man deserves credit. Unfortunately, those funds were put into bonds that were used by the General Fund to buy bombs and bridges and big buildings named after retiring senators. Except now those funds are coming due. Largely because they kept cutting taxes for rich people instead of making sure we could pay for the bombs and the bridges and so on.

So now Social Security is coming up and saying, "Hey, we need to redeem these bonds so Granny doesn't have to eat Alpo next week."

Mitt Romney's solution is not to raise those taxes, or to cut other spending, but to make Granny work a little longer, even though no one actually wants to hire her.

And he's the one who moved a lot of the jobs Granny could do to China.

Well that sounds like Obama's solution. But at least he admits that...

I earned every penny I've ever had. My daddy's first job was timekeeper on the WPA making $6.00 a week. Romney's daddy owned a car company. The idea of that elitist bastard knowing anything about a real job are about the same that a flock of bird dogs will fly overhead. Don't strain your neck.

So, his family were more successful than your family. Intelligence runs in families. That explains that disparity. You're jealous cuz you weren't born into a successful family. I pity you. Jealous consumes people and makes them bitter and petty.

"I could have stayed in Detroit like him and gotten pulled up in a car company," Romney said at the debate. "I went off on my own. I didn't inherit money from my parents. What I have, I earned. I worked hard, the American way."

We were curious. Did Romney, the last of George and Lenore's four children, receive no inheritance on his path to wealth?

Romney's words

We asked Romney's campaign about his claim.
"Mitt Romney's success is based on his 25-year career in business and the fact that he founded and led one of the most successful private equity companies in the world," spokesman Ryan Williams said.

That wasn't as helpful as, say, a copy of his father's will.

Nor was there any information about George Romney's financial legacy in the many obituaries for the Michigan luminary, who died in 1995 at age 88.

But Mitt Romney has addressed the question himself, it turns out, in an interview with C-SPAN in 2006. Host Brian Lamb asked him why his father hadn't given him an inheritance.

Q & A

Romney answered, "Well, he didn’t have as much as I think some people anticipated. And I did get a check from my dad when he passed away. I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad. But I turned and gave that away to charity. In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor. ... And that’s where his inheritance ended up."

According to a short history of the George W. Romney Institute of Public Management at BYU, the family provided an endowment in 1998, within a few years of George Romney's death.

So, in Romney's own words, he did "inherit some funds" from his dad. But he gave them away.

Why?

"I figured we had enough of our own," he said.

He probably did. By 1995, Romney had already led Bain Capital for more than a decade, where shrewd investments made him millions. He stepped down in 1999.

He now says he's worth somewhere between $190 million and $250 million.

How Romney got rich

"I went off on my own," Romney said at the debate. "... What I have I earned. I worked hard, the American way."

So while he didn't ultimately benefit from an inheritance, we wondered: Had Romney's parents' wealth helped build his own fortune?

There's no evidence we saw that Romney's parents helped buy him a business career. But there were certain advantages to Romney's comfortable upbringing.

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney says he didn't inherit money from his parents

"I could have stayed in Detroit like him and gotten pulled up in a car company," Romney said at the debate. "I went off on my own. I didn't inherit money from my parents. What I have, I earned. I worked hard, the American way."

We were curious. Did Romney, the last of George and Lenore's four children, receive no inheritance on his path to wealth?

Romney's words

"Mitt Romney's success is based on his 25-year career in business and the fact that he founded and led one of the most successful private equity companies in the world," spokesman Ryan Williams said.

Nor was there any information about George Romney's financial legacy in the many obituaries for the Michigan luminary, who died in 1995 at age 88.

But Mitt Romney has addressed the question himself, it turns out, in an interview with C-SPAN in 2006. Host Brian Lamb asked him why his father hadn't given him an inheritance.

Q & A

Romney answered, "Well, he didn’t have as much as I think some people anticipated. And I did get a check from my dad when he passed away. I shouldn’t say a check, but I did inherit some funds from my dad. But I turned and gave that away to charity. In this case I gave it to a school which Brigham Young University established in his honor. ... And that’s where his inheritance ended up."

According to a short history of the George W. Romney Institute of Public Management at BYU, the family provided an endowment in 1998, within a few years of George Romney's death.

So, in Romney's own words, he did "inherit some funds" from his dad. But he gave them away.

Why?

He probably did. By 1995, Romney had already led Bain Capital for more than a decade, where shrewd investments made him millions. He stepped down in 1999.

How Romney got rich

"I went off on my own," Romney said at the debate. "... What I have I earned. I worked hard, the American way."

So while he didn't ultimately benefit from an inheritance, we wondered: Had Romney's parents' wealth helped build his own fortune?

There's no evidence we saw that Romney's parents helped buy him a business career. But there were certain advantages to Romney's comfortable upbringing.

Wow... love the pissing and moaning that politifucked did in him actually being self made. they HAD to imply that he was STILL given an unfair advantage by his last name.

Well, that's why they're Politifucked.

Romney's words

Q & A

Why?

How Romney got rich

You can smell the desperation in that article... they so wanted to disprove his claims... and, when they failed, they hint at the 'advantages' of a 'comfortable upbringing'... So, are we to understand that giving your kids a 'comfortable' upbringing is a bad thing now?

Hells teeth, where will it end? Must we all be born poor to be 'worthy'?

Says he will raise retirement age on social security and give people the option to participate in Medicare or not. The nutty bastard doesn't know that as soon as they hear about it 40,000,000 Americans will vote against him, not for him.

So you are a Populist, right? Don't bother answering. Don't bother sucking it up and supporting real solutions either. After all, you are entitled, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back