Romney Just Cut His Own Throat

Telling the truth is "Cutting your throat" for liberals.....

quite amusing.

It isn't telling the truth, it's what his solution is.

There are three ways to fix the problem -

1) Raise taxes on the wealthy to make good on those 7 Trillion dollars of IOU's

2) Means Test Social Security in such a way that it's going to those who need it, and not paying a fat check to wealthy retirees.

3) make people work longer, to the point where they never get to retire.

And if you're Mitt Romney, rich jerkwad who made his fortune screwing working folks, guess which one sounds like a good idea to you.

Wha????
:eusa_eh:

Just because someone accumulates wealth elsewhere they're not entitled to get their own money back??

I'm not saying it would be my first choice.

The thing is, no matter what you pay into social security, if you retire at 65, you will get back everything you've paid in by the time you're 72.

After that, current workers are completely paying your way. It's not your money at that point, it's theirs.

Now, doing it so granny doesn't have to eat Alpo, yeah, I don't think many people who begrudge her that.

Doing it so a Snowbird can fly back and forth between million dollar homes. Not so much.

And Trivia Question- which one do you think has the better chance of living past 72 to live on Joe Worker's dime?

You see, I don't disagree that we are going to have to raise the retirement age at some point. When social security was first conceived, the average life expectency was 62 years. Today it's 78. That's at least part of the reason the system is straining.

People are living longer. Across the world, countries are raising their retirement ages because their social security programs cannot cope with the numbers. He didn't 'cut his own throat', he told the truth. Fucking lazy bastards will have to work longer. Get used to it.

Well spoken by the little rich girl that inherited most if not all of her wealth.

Then brags that she has too much money to bring it home to the U S A.

That Marie Antoinette quote "let them eat Cake" is so 18th century....the new self appointed elite say .."let them eat CRUMBS!!!!"

People are living longer. Across the world, countries are raising their retirement ages because their social security programs cannot cope with the numbers. He didn't 'cut his own throat', he told the truth. Fucking lazy bastards will have to work longer. Get used to it.

Well spoken by the little rich girl that inherited most if not all of her wealth.

That Marie Antoinette quote "let them eat Cake" is so 18th century....the new self appointed elite say .."let them eat CRUMBS!!!!"

I inherited most of my wealth? Really? Damn, when did that happen?

Hey, inherit some of that my way because I'm awesome. Or because ummmm liberalism.... ummm... well it doesn't work or justify it, but just gimme cause I want it... mmmkay?

Hey, inherit some of that my way because I'm awesome. Or because ummmm liberalism.... ummm... well it doesn't work or justify it, but just gimme cause I want it... mmmkay?

Paypal? Or your Cayman Islands account?

Telling the truth is "Cutting your throat" for liberals.....

quite amusing.

2) Means Test Social Security in such a way that it's going to those who need it, and not paying a fat check to wealthy retirees.

And if you're Mitt Romney, rich jerkwad who made his fortune screwing working folks, guess which one sounds like a good idea to you.

Wha????

Just because someone accumulates wealth elsewhere they're not entitled to get their own money back??

They would if they truly needed it.

It should be used as the name says, The Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI).

That's why I would like to see it paid back out on a pro-rated basis.

Wha????

The thing is, no matter what you pay into social security, if you retire at 65, you will get back everything you've paid in by the time you're 72.

After that, current workers are completely paying your way. It's not your money at that point, it's theirs.

Now, doing it so granny doesn't have to eat Alpo, yeah, I don't think many people who begrudge her that.

Doing it so a Snowbird can fly back and forth between million dollar homes. Not so much.

And Trivia Question- which one do you think has the better chance of living past 72 to live on Joe Worker's dime?

You see, I don't disagree that we are going to have to raise the retirement age at some point. When social security was first conceived, the average life expectency was 62 years. Today it's 78. That's at least part of the reason the system is straining.

False, Joe. Sorry.

My wife didn't work enough years "over the table". Since she only paid X, instead of Y, she will not be receiving ANY money back.

:evil:

Wrong...You eat what Michelle Obama says you can...

Good call. I have investments in both. :eek::lol:
:::flutters eyelashes prettily::::

::::prepares to parry fork aimed at them::::

Like fluttering eyelashes is gonna work on a hard assed bitch like me. :eusa_angel:

:lol:
HENCE the fork parrying.

A kitteh with a machine gun maybe?

04286b6d-e1d1-4dc4-90da-607a518ae2e0.jpg

Wha????

False, Joe. Sorry.

My wife didn't work enough years "over the table". Since she only paid X, instead of Y, she will not be receiving ANY money back.

:evil:

I'm not sure how to respond to that.

But a couple of things. If you pass away, she will get survivors benefits based on what you paid in "over the table".

I think what this boils down to is Social Security a retirment plan or a welfare program. We want to all pretend it's the former, but really, it's the latter.

My dad paid into SS from when he got back from WWII until he passed away in 1981. My mom got some payments until she died in 1983. I got some payments being a college student at the time until the REagan Reforms put an end to that. (I actually gave most of that money to my mom). My younger brothers got a bit until they turned 18. But most of what he paid in went into the ether. It wasn't a "pension", it was a tax to pay for other people's benefits.

Again, we go back to what Rick Perry said about it being a "Ponzi Scheme" and how everyone on left and right screamed at him for saying so.

Now there was a guy who told the truth and cut his own throat.

Now Mittens is saying, "Oooops, there isn't enough money to pay the suckers... I mean recipiants at the end of the process. You all have to work longer."

Where was this candor when he was debating Rick Perry?

To democrats, not pandering to democrats is cutting one's own throat. But, declaring motherhood a preventable disease for which abortion is a cure is NOT.

Forum List

Back