Romney Immediately Distances Himself From Ryan Budget

Today's e-mail from the Obama campaign:

Paul Ryan will be Mitt Romney's running mate.

What you need to know right now: This election is about values, and today Romney doubled down on his commitment to take our country back to the failed policies of the past.

No, you fucking idiOt, this election is about the economy.
:cuckoo:

What is "it"?

I know you're not talking about a budget Plan because the Dems haven't got one

It would be the stimulus approach to stimulating the economy versus the individual and capital gains tax cuts to the wealthy offered by Romney/Ryan.

Personally if any candidate would raise capital gains taxes to the level of income taxes and eliminate corporate income taxes, I would vote for them in a heartbeat. Sadly the democrats are at war with business and the republicans favor the wealthy not small business owners.

So you're in favor of double taxation.
:thup:

I'm sure you've probably heard this before, but raising taxes won't solve anything.
We need to cut spending.
Hate to break it to ya, but that includes stimulus spending.
:cool:

Perhaps you should try reading before spouting the reflexive Fox News talking points. I said eliminate corporate income taxes. If those are gone then double taxation wouldn't exist now would it.

Taxes are required to fund the government. If you want to keep the military and overseas engagement desired by so many mainstream Republicans (Paul supporters exempted) then you have to have revenue in the 18-20% of GDP range. Today we are in the 16% range.

Balancing the budget means raising the taxes somewhere and if you want to eliminate corporate income taxes like I do then you must raise them somewhere else. If you are going to change the structure of taxes to stimulate the economy and reduce the budget you have to raise them somewhere. Republicans want to raise them on the poor. I want to raise them on hedge fund managers. Funny enough they both pay about 15% on their income.

Fundamentally change Medicare

The left tries to stay away from those 2 words
:eusa_shhh:

Actually I believe Obama was willing to fundamentally change Medicare if the Republicans had been willing to raise taxes on the wealthy. It was the Republicans who walked away from the deal curtesy of Grover Nordquist who even Alan Simpson thinks is a moron.

Those making over 1M have one of the lightest tax loads they have ever had historically. In my mind the blame for not getting a budget deal sits squarely in the lap of the Republicans.

Because they paid their "fair share" on their way to that million dollar mark.

Why do you hate success?

Fair is a relative term. Today's Republicans believe fair is at a lower rate than any of our forefathers since the turn of the century.

Why do you believe today's rich should pay so significantly less than their rich fathers, grandfathers or great grandfathers?

As Buffet says it is a cultural war and his side is winning.

In a recent New Yorker profile, Ryan called her a key inspiration in his life. His coming-of-age moment featured Rand.

"I grew up on Ayn Rand," Ryan told the Atlas Society, a group of Rand devotees, in a 2005 speech. "That's what I tell people ... you know, everybody does their soul-searching, and trying to find out who they are and what they believe, and you learn about yourself ... I grew up reading Ayn Rand, and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are."

Ryan went on to say that Rand's works are required reading for his staff. "The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand," he went on to say. "And the fight we are in here, make no mistake about it, is a fight of individualism versus collectivism."

More: Paul Ryan, Ayn Rand Fan, Brings Writer's Philosophy To Presidential Stage

YIKES...

Theres an Ayn Rand thing on Netflix; I will look into it. Sounds strange though.

Sounds like a lot of 9/11 Trutherspeak.

Last edited:
In a recent New Yorker profile, Ryan called her a key inspiration in his life. His coming-of-age moment featured Rand.

"I grew up on Ayn Rand," Ryan told the Atlas Society, a group of Rand devotees, in a 2005 speech. "That's what I tell people ... you know, everybody does their soul-searching, and trying to find out who they are and what they believe, and you learn about yourself ... I grew up reading Ayn Rand, and it taught me quite a bit about who I am and what my value systems are, and what my beliefs are."

Ryan went on to say that Rand's works are required reading for his staff. "The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand," he went on to say. "And the fight we are in here, make no mistake about it, is a fight of individualism versus collectivism."

More: Paul Ryan, Ayn Rand Fan, Brings Writer's Philosophy To Presidential Stage

YIKES...

As a reflexive Libertarian, I have no problem with this approach but he should have supported Ron Paul who is a true a consistent follower of Rands philosophy. If the Republicans had nominated Paul, I would have voted for the Republican Party in a second. Sadly those like Ryan largely use it to pander to the wealthy at the expense of the US middle class.

If you have a doubt see how much needless military spending and corporate welfare was cut from the Ryan budget.

Today's e-mail from the Obama campaign:

Paul Ryan will be Mitt Romney's running mate.

What you need to know right now: This election is about values, and today Romney doubled down on his commitment to take our country back to the failed policies of the past.

No, you fucking idiOt, this election is about the economy.
:cuckoo:

What is "it"?

I know you're not talking about a budget Plan because the Dems haven't got one

It would be the stimulus approach to stimulating the economy versus the individual and capital gains tax cuts to the wealthy offered by Romney/Ryan.

Personally if any candidate would raise capital gains taxes to the level of income taxes and eliminate corporate income taxes, I would vote for them in a heartbeat. Sadly the democrats are at war with business and the republicans favor the wealthy not small business owners.

I'm sure you've probably heard this before, but raising taxes won't solve anything.
We need to cut spending.

You do realize that Ryan voted FOR TARP, right?

We need to cut spending.

Yes.

You DO realize that a VP has nothing to do with Budgets, right?

Is that all the left has? Ryan's valid opinion that Medicare and Social Security are going broke? What the hell did Biden ever bring to the table except a brain embolism and incoherent speech?

We need to cut spending.

so? and so friggen WHAT?
Biden voted for all kinds shit through out his career sucking off the taxpayers

How sad the real world isn't all simple black and white and you all can't just stick to some dishonest script where OMG it's such a big shocker that Romney intends to lead as POTUS with his OWN plan... :razz: :lol:

“Gov. Romney applauds Paul Ryan for going in the right direction with his budget, and as president he will be putting together his own plan for cutting the deficit and putting the budget on a path to balance.”

How sad the real world isn't all simple black and white and you all can't just stick to some dishonest script where OMG it's such a big shocker that Romney intends to lead as POTUS with his OWN plan... :razz: :lol:

“Gov. Romney applauds Paul Ryan for going in the right direction with his budget, and as president he will be putting together his own plan for cutting the deficit and putting the budget on a path to balance.”

Okay lets go with that. If not for his budgetary savvy, why then do you think the Governor would have picked Ryan? Twelve years spent representing Wisconsin? Surely it was the budget and nothing else...perhaps you can tell us what other talents the Congressman brings to the table that others did not.

Relax, Valerie.

You're quoting Lakookoo

:eusa_shifty:

The left has really put party over country these days...

nothing else matters

and we've reached a new low in campaigning with Obama and his progressive party

Last edited:

Okay lets go with that. If not for his budgetary savvy, why then do you think the Governor would have picked Ryan? Twelve years spent representing Wisconsin? Surely it was the budget and nothing else...perhaps you can tell us what other talents the Congressman brings to the table that others did not.

Our current admin doesn't know WTF a budget looks like

In the end Romney will devise and present his own plan and he chose Paul Ryan as the man who has the skills to help him devise and execute said plan. Why is this so confusing...? You don't have to approve of the ultimate plan, but there's no reason to spaz out and lie about a plan which has yet to be fully devised or presented.

Forum List

Back