Romney: I have some great friends who are NASCAR team owners.

yeah, still an awfully clumsy way of trying to pander to the hunter vote.

Or the media's clumsy and convenient way to represent what happened...

"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life."
(April 3, 2007)

Two days later after the Dems pouncing AS IF he was lying... :eusa_whistle:

"I'm not a big-game hunter. I've made that very clear. I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will. I began when I was 15 or so and I have hunted those kinds of varmints since then. More than two times."
(April 5, 2007)

I dunno, I detect a bit of sarcasm there... ^ :lol:

maybe, i just have a hard time picturing mitt romney hunting varmint. no matter how many times.

Cracked me up when I read this.

PUH-ese. This is Lying-Mitt we're talking about.

rMONEY has staff for such things.

The closest he would ever get to hunting "varmints" is that he has friends who own gun manufacturing companies.

Or, more likely, he saw a photo once of a "varmint" but could not identify one if he ever saw it again.

Probably better ask his wife.

Why is being successful a bad thing?

I have a heart surgeon as a friend. I've never asked but I'm sure he has a ton of money. Should I shun him?

This kills me..
If Romney put on some shorts
and played some basketball in a schoolyard
he will get beaten up for trying to portray himself
as something he's not.
When he tries to get out there among people and
well he's not acting.He's basically who he is and then
he's made to be a clown because he has friends who are successful.

Talk about liberal media bias.

Damn. You (almost) brought a tear to my eye with this one.

What next? Tales of how he wasn't chosen to play basket ball?

For those who have forgotten, this is not a popularity contest. He's running for President of the United States.

He says stupid things and people call him on it. You seem to think he should get a pass because he's rich. In fact, he's rich because he got really REALLY good at stealing and people SEE that.

What we have heard from Mittens is NOT gaffes. Its his opinions, his beliefs, his background and how he views people.

Talking to unemployed, HE said he's unemployed "too". HE said he's been afraid of getting a pink slip.

Posing with black women, HE said "who let the dogs out".

HE has said so many horrendously awful things that his own wife said she would do his talking and she would not allow any more "debates".

The man is a walking disaster area and no one has put words in his mouth.

Deal with it.

The racist African American Democrat OP left out the all-important..."NASCAR is RACIST!!!!!" ;)

lol

I'm black and a racist now.

Well, some days you do claim to be African American. Other days, who knows? I'm only going on a previous & recent claim of yours. So if your recent claim is true, i have concluded that you are a racist African American Democrat. Now why don't you just get your tedious & stale "NASCAR is RACIST!!!" rant out of the way? You know you've been holding it in. You know you want to let it out. So just go for it. You'll feel better. :)

"not white" =/= black

:lmao:

All of Obamas poor friends are...................

Well um...........

I can't think of any. Well maybe a couple.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2ngvYI_ZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Thousands Mob Detroit Center, Hope for Free Cash - YouTube[/ame]

None of these clowns can relate to average people. It shouldn't come as a huge shock.

But I will admit that it's kinda cute when they try.
Romney's attempts to show America that he's just a hard working regular guy who feels the pain of the middle class is down right silly. His life style doesn't really have anything to do with his qualifications for the presidency. There is good reason to reject him as a presidential candidate, but wealth is not one of them. We haven't had a president from the middle class since Truman.
I generally agree, except that I wouldn't call Truman middle class, either. He was part of the Democratic elite in Kansas City since the early 20's.

From the David McCullough biography, it certainly didn't sound like Truman was among the Democratic elite in Missouri. Truman, often said that his job was to represent the people who paid his salary. He didn't see political office as a pulpit for political ideology nor a means to bring about change in America.

Truman, was relatively poor throughout his life. He borrowed against his meager future inheritance and invested in a zinc mining operation, which failed and lost him most of his investment. Truman later performed various menial jobs, which barely kept his family afloat. However, the real financial disaster occurred when the clothing store he owned with a friend went bankrupt in the wake of extreme deflation. Truman lost his $30,000 investment, but never declared bankruptcy, despite urgings from friends and family to do so. Truman continued to pay debts throughout his early career, and was still thousands of dollars in debt when he began his tenure as a senator. It was Truman’s sad financial state that inspired the doubling of the presidential salary, which he received after the fact. Truman and his wife were the first two official recipients of Medicare when Lyndon Johnson signed the program into law.

When Truman left the Whitehorse he took a cab to the train stain and returned with Bess to his home in Missouri with no Secret Service protection, no reporters, and no presidential pension. He lived off a $112/mo military pension. Unlike other presidents that followed him, he never was an author, a consultant, or served on any corporate boards. His primary speaking engagements were local schools. As compared to modern day presidents, he was a financial failure, yet historians consistently rank him as one our top presidents.

Last edited:
yeah, still an awfully clumsy way of trying to pander to the hunter vote.

Or the media's clumsy and convenient way to represent what happened...

"I purchased a gun when I was a young man. I've been a hunter pretty much all my life."
(April 3, 2007)

Two days later after the Dems pouncing AS IF he was lying... :eusa_whistle:

"I'm not a big-game hunter. I've made that very clear. I've always been a rodent and rabbit hunter. Small varmints, if you will. I began when I was 15 or so and I have hunted those kinds of varmints since then. More than two times."
(April 5, 2007)

I dunno, I detect a bit of sarcasm there... ^ :lol:

maybe, i just have a hard time picturing mitt romney hunting varmint. no matter how many times.
People had a tough time with him at Daytona also:

Which leads perhaps to this: Has anyone ever looked more awkward at a race track than Mitt Romney looked Sunday afternoon? He is torqued a few hundred pound-feet too tight to connect with the lascivious crowds here. He is introduced to a smattering of yawns, says that racing combines two of his favorite things, "cars and sport" -- which no one believes for even a second -- and hastens away.

Candidate Rick Santorum has instead sponsored a car. It will likely pull hard right all day -- two, three, four -- which is exactly the same joke I made 10 years ago when Liddy Dole ran a one-race sponsorship in the Busch series for exactly the same purpose. The theory being that if they'll buy the detergent and the beer and the buckshot because they see it painted on a car, maybe the voters will buy you, too.

Daytona 500 in fits and starts - ESPN

it is campaign season.

where babies are kissed, tanks are ridden, labs are visited, and ribbons are cut.

And Bicycles are ridden:

theunbubba-albums-post-photo-s-picture4165-please-mr-ahmadinejahd-can-we-have-our-drone-back-fail-demotivational-posters-1324589312.jpg

and where huge naval vessels are used for a most embarrassing photo-op.

Cher?

I have a heart surgeon as a friend. I've never asked but I'm sure he has a ton of money. Should I shun him?

This kills me..
If Romney put on some shorts
and played some basketball in a schoolyard
he will get beaten up for trying to portray himself
as something he's not.
When he tries to get out there among people and
well he's not acting.He's basically who he is and then
he's made to be a clown because he has friends who are successful.

Talk about liberal media bias.

Damn. You (almost) brought a tear to my eye with this one.

What next? Tales of how he wasn't chosen to play basket ball?

For those who have forgotten, this is not a popularity contest. He's running for President of the United States.

He says stupid things and people call him on it. You seem to think he should get a pass because he's rich. In fact, he's rich because he got really REALLY good at stealing and people SEE that.

What we have heard from Mittens is NOT gaffes. Its his opinions, his beliefs, his background and how he views people.

Talking to unemployed, HE said he's unemployed "too". HE said he's been afraid of getting a pink slip.

Posing with black women, HE said "who let the dogs out".

HE has said so many horrendously awful things that his own wife said she would do his talking and she would not allow any more "debates".

The man is a walking disaster area and no one has put words in his mouth.

Deal with it.

:doubt:

You really think Mitt was calling black people dogs, that says more about you than him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwwAaVmnf4&feature=player_embedded]Mitt Romney - Who Let the Dogs Out? - YouTube[/ame]

That's the point, though. Your friend did not feel the need to flaunt his wealth in your face, or tell you about how much money he was making.

Romney just can't help saying these kinds of things. Like bragging how his wife drives two Caddys when these folks are driving a used car being held together with chicken wire and wishful thinking.

Forum List

Back