Romney had it right..so of course the Dems call foul!

"Once again, the liberal media got “way ahead” of this story by projecting a competent White House and State Department, when in fact, the ineptness of this serious breech in security for our Embassies, (on the anniversary of 9/11), clearly shows deadly leadership failures. Susan Rice should have been ashamed to go on the Sunday news shows perverting her “spontaneous” excuses in this travesty."

A Random Act of Journalism: Chuck Todd Refutes White House Stance on Benghazi (Video) « The Greenroom

moocherBySIP.jpg

It's not true though.

If you think the there isn't a good number of Romney supporters on welfare you really don't have a clue.

The essence of the statement is true. The 47% is partially misdirected and in context not that bad of a gaffe at all.

By how much?

It doesn't matter. What matters is how he handles this. Obama has made infinitely more gaffes, more obnoxious statements, but of course the corrupt mainstream media overlooks them as they are in the bag for him.

Last edited:
This week has been a disaster for Mitt Republicans just don't wanna admit it.

This week has simply shown us how biased the Main Stream Media "is" in this race. In a week where tens of thousands are marching in the streets all over the world burning our flag...the lead news story from the MSM was Romney's comment from last March that most of the people on government assistance are going to vote for the people that promise them MORE assistance?

The same idiots who got Barack Obama elected in the first place are now determined to ignore the fact that he's not up to the job and get him reelected. The "disaster" that you speak of is what awaits us if we have to wait another four years for leadership.

All I ask for is a LITTLE journalistic integrity from the people who are supposed to provide citizens with the information they need to make an informed vote.

This week has simply shown us how biased the Main Stream Media "is" in this race. In a week where tens of thousands are marching in the streets all over the world burning our flag...the lead news story from the MSM was Romney's comment from last March that most of the people on government assistance are going to vote for the people that promise them MORE assistance?

The same idiots who got Barack Obama elected in the first place are now determined to ignore the fact that he's not up to the job and get him reelected. The "disaster" that you speak of is what awaits us if we have to wait another four years for leadership.

All I ask for is a LITTLE journalistic integrity from the people who are supposed to provide citizens with the information they need to make an informed vote.

Hearing posts like this is such sweet revenge for the 8 years of hell Liberals had to endure during W's administration.

Hearing posts like this is such sweet revenge for the 8 years of hell Liberals had to endure during W's administration.

So what you're basically saying is that 8 years of incompetence from Barack Obama is "payback" for 8 years of incompetence by Bush? THAT'S your reason for voting for someone who is obviously not up to the job?

Hey, here's an idea...why don't we get someone who actually IS competent and let them fix the problems we have!!!

So what you're basically saying is that 8 years of incompetence from Barack Obama is "payback" for 8 years of incompetence by Bush? THAT'S your reason for voting for someone who is obviously not up to the job?

Hey, here's an idea...why don't we get someone who actually IS competent and let them fix the problems we have!!!

You'll be flabbergasted to learn that I didn't vote for Obama and I won't be again this year.

Kinda takes any wind out of your argument, I mean besides claiming that Romney is worthy of the position. :thup:

You'll be flabbergasted to learn that I didn't vote for Obama and I won't be again this year.

Kinda takes any wind out of your argument, I mean besides claiming that Romney is worthy of the position. :thup:

So who are you voting for, Bob? I'm voting for Romney because I think he's perfectly suited to get us out of our current situation. He understands economics and how the private sector funtions...and he's shown an ability to govern in a bi-partisan fashion. The choice is pretty obvious from where I'm sitting.

And please don't tell me that you don't vote because that's SO fucking stupid I won't bother to carry on a conversation with you...

And please don't tell me that you don't vote because that's SO fucking stupid I won't bother to carry on a conversation with you...

I always vote, but this year I've been considering not voting for a potus candidate. I'm still not sure what I'll do.

I wish I could vote for people I believe in that actually have a chance to win, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon.

Ignoring the fact that their precious dictator's failed policies in the Middle East are killing people by the gross.

"According to the Census Bureau, 49% of Americans in the second quarter of 2011 lived in a household where at least one member received a government benefit. (The total population at the time was 305 million).
That’s up from 30% in the 1980s and 44.4% in the third quarter of 2008, a recent growth in part attributable to the bad economy of President Obama’s first term."

The Data Behind Romney’s 47% Comments - Washington Wire - WSJ

Romney's 47 percent figure lumped together separate groups that have little relation to one another. Most Americans do pay taxes: The poorest fifth of Americans paid an effective tax rate of 17 percent last year, and the second-poorest fifth paid an effective tax rate of 21 percent, when factoring in payroll taxes, sales taxes and property taxes, among others, according to Citizens for Tax Justice.

It is true that 46 percent of American households did not pay federal income taxes last year, according to the Tax Policy Center. But that number is unusually high, in part because of the recession -- and a majority of that 46 percent still paid payroll taxes. Only 18 percent of American households paid no income taxes and no payroll taxes last year. It is largely low-income seniors and very poor people that legally don't pay federal income taxes or payroll taxes, according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and the Tax Policy Center.

It was also inaccurate for Romney to claim that those who don't pay federal income taxes would vote for President Obama "no matter what." Nearly all states with a high percentage of Americans that don't pay federal income taxes vote Republican in presidential elections, according to the Washington Post.

I mean lets cut through all the campaign bullshit.

We need someone to get the economy going and put people back to work. We need someone who isn't a partisan politician who won't work with the other side.

How does reelecting Barack Obama do ANYTHING to make our situation better? Is he suddenly going to wake up and "get" how businesses function? After four years of not understanding where they're coming from? Is he suddenly going to flip a switch and work with Republicans instead of blaming them for what's wrong?

I just don't see the benefit to rehiring a man who couldn't do the job and should have never been hired the first time.

Romney got a big boost from the release of that tape. He's eliminated obama's lead and taken the lead himself.

:lol:

Link?

Don't pay any attention to katzdog. She's the least intelligent conservative poster on this board.

How do I know that? Because I've yet to hear one conservative poster dispute it.

So if I call you the most feeble minded worm on here and nobody disputes it then its true?

IDIOT

Judging by what he's been saying along with his VP pick, it seems Romney isn't concerning himself with appearing bipartisan.

For God's sake, Bob...use your head! It's not what politicians SAY it's what they have done!!! If you don't know that by now then there's something seriously wrong. I don't care what someone promises me when they are trying to win my vote...I care about what they have done in the past because that is the only REAL indication of what they will do in the future.

Forum List

Back