Romney doesn't understand why airplane windows don't roll down

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”

What I find scary is people actually want to vote this guy in office.

Romney Doesn't Understand Why You Can't Roll Down Windows On A Plane | ThinkProgress

What I find funny is people trying to pretend a joke is serious

Maybe it's not the windows that should roll down. Maybe it's the plane that should roll up? Ever think of that?

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”

Romney Doesn't Understand Why You Can't Roll Down Windows On A Plane | ThinkProgress

This is definitely the biggest blow against Obama so far.

Yes, I said Obama.

Why?

Because he's got a law degree from the same law school as the moron running against him. That doesn't look good for Obama or anyone who graduated from Harvard law or business.

EDIT - I just realized there are two levels of stupidity here. He doesn't understand the cabin is pressurized but also doesn't get that if you could open the windows and get a rush of oxygen into the plane (say, at low altitudes), it wouldn't exactly help the situation.

Last edited:
Joke or not the debate here is Romney's failure at delivery. He is a presidential candidate for christ sake. If nobody in the room was laughing the least he can do was say "hey guys bad joke."
When one's only talent is to read speeches off a Teleprompter, we get where we are now.

I'll take a competent non-speaker over an incompetent speaker any day.

This is definitely the biggest blow against Obama so far.

Yes, I said Obama.

Why?

Because he's got a law degree from the same law school as the moron running against him. That doesn't look good for Obama or anyone who graduated from Harvard law or business.

EDIT - I just realized there are two levels of stupidity here. He doesn't understand the cabin is pressurized but also doesn't get that if you could open the windows and get a rush of oxygen into the plane (say, at low altitudes), it wouldn't exactly help the situation.

I see only one level of stupidity. The media and its lackies trying to act as though a joke is a serious statement of fact.

Forum List

Back