Romney doesn't understand why airplane windows don't roll down

The thing is, he was talking about something serious that is a huge fear that many of us have: Getting in a plane that has a mechanical failure/fire and must make an emergency landing.

Just makes me cringe thinking about it.

So right after he said how worried he was about his wife, he made that attempt at humor by being so dry that no one "got it".

No one ever gets his humor because he's awful in his delivery. There's a reason why you can't hear anyone laughing in that room. Poor timing, bad delivery.

But C'mon man.... "For all the millions of dollars spent on airplanes I can't believe they don't have power windows."

Really...?

You don't get that shit??? C'mon.....

“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”

What I find scary is people actually want to vote this guy in office.

Romney Doesn't Understand Why You Can't Roll Down Windows On A Plane | ThinkProgress
Was this some dry humor?

Dry humor tends to escape people with limited intelligence.

Great posts.:D

I swear liberals need to go to a "Monty Python's Flying Circus" Detention camp to correct their anal retentiveness when it comes to dry humor.

You'd have to have medication ready for the PETA types viewing the Dead Parrot routine. Or better yet "Chef". I loved that show. One of the best primo dryest ever produced Brit sitcoms.

There's not much I miss about living in civilization except for great cable.

But I have to remember these are the same types who laughed heartily at David Letterman's joke about Palin watching her child being violated at a ball game or Bill Maher's classic mysogynistic routines masquerading as comedy who are now criticizing Romney's sense of humor.

But "this joke" offends their sensibilities.

Last edited:
“When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly,” he told the LA Times. “And you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem.”

Romney Doesn't Understand Why You Can't Roll Down Windows On A Plane | ThinkProgress

he really said that?

they're not kidding?

Was this some dry humor?

okie dokie.

:rolleyes:

628x471.jpg

1200_giantsarrive.jpg

bilde

englandplane_gallery__470x307.jpg

Did you think you had a point?

Was this some dry humor?

I swear liberals need to go to a "Monty Python's Flying Circus" Detention camp to correct their anal retentiveness when it comes to dry humor.

You'd have to have medication ready for the PETA types viewing the Dead Parrot routine. Or better yet "Chef". I loved that show. One of the best primo dryest ever produced Brit sitcoms.

But I have to remember these are the same types who laughed heartily at David Letterman's joke about Palin watching her child being violated at a ball game or Bill Maher's classic mysogynistic routines masquerading as comedy who are now criticizing Romney's sense of humor.

Maybe Obamacare will cover Chronic Stick-Up-The-Ass as a pre-existing condition.

If you need a pacemaker, just take a pill instead!

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, and I see many of them in the audience here today."

"What they'll say is, 'Well it costs too much money,' but you know what? It would cost, about. It it would cost about the same as what we would spend. It. Over the course of 10 years it would cost what it would costs us. (nervous laugh) All right. Okay. We're going to do it. It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about hold on one second. I can't hear myself. But I'm glad you're fired up, though. I'm glad."

"Of the many responsibilities granted to a president by our Constitution, few are more serious or more consequential than selecting a Supreme Court justice. The members of our highest court are granted life tenure, often serving long after the presidents who appointed them. And they are charged with the vital task of applying principles put to paper more than 20 centuries ago to some of the most difficult questions of our time."

"It was interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing."

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future."

Yes, let's be preoccupied with Romney's airplane window.

how is this in ant way a topic for 'clean debate'? All I see is the same nonsense form liberals not getting the joke.No real debate going on here.

He doesn't understand why there is no one to lead us through the flames.

Why isn't there a leader?

Joke or not the debate here is Romney's failure at delivery. He is a presidential candidate for christ sake. If nobody in the room was laughing the least he can do was say "hey guys bad joke."

Joke or not the debate here is Romney's failure at delivery. He is a presidential candidate for christ sake. If nobody in the room was laughing the least he can do was say "hey guys bad joke."

The middle east is in literal flames, Europe is economically crumbling to dust, obama goes on the View, is there something FUNNY about pointing out that we are essentially leaderless?

The middle east is in literal flames, Europe is economically crumbling to dust, obama goes on the View, is there something FUNNY about pointing out that we are essentially leaderless?

This thread isn't about other countries. Besides Obama is not God. He can't save everyone. Besides what about Bush before him? Bush has us in two wars, trillions in the hole and put us in a recession

Was this some dry humor?

I can't imagine how many heart attacks happened among the PETA types when they saw this scene.:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs]French Taunting - Monty Python and the Holy Grail - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back