Romney accepts apology

Guy, I've criticized nearly every aspect of your cult, from exposing it's racist past to proving the fraud committed by Joseph Smith.

Now, I know that you cultist would rather drink the Koolaid than ever admit that NOT ONE SHRED of archeological evidence supports the existance of the Nephite/Lamanite Civilization.

Adena and Hopewell civilizations are completely imaginary, yet that is what the archeologists have put forth to explain their discoveries. How is it that speculation and conjecture in science becomes regarded as fact? In that, they are no more credible than Joseph Smith. Because the Spirit is true regardless. How to explain... Have you heard the rapper Eminem, a song called "Not Afraid", and the lyrics are meaningful? That can be meaningful in a way to one person, but different to another, like parallax views in the poetic expression.

Something about pulling something from the dirt and doing something to the whole universe...

Well, considering, I think that Avatar Guy knows what I'm talking about, but to stay on topic... Who or what causes these contentions, who or what is the adversary, who or what is the prince and power of the wind, or even the airwaves? By what force does this shit get stirred up from the start of it, and how might someone recognize that beforehand, like with a mind to prevention?

So let that Mitt Romney, and let that Melissa Harris-Perry read of this thread, make of it what they will. Surely it's a non-issue by the time I post this, but then again, people of faith are intertwined in ways they don't always know about, and it would be helpful to the people of the United States if they could see eye to eye on a few things once in a while.

Guy, this was sort of rambling nonsense, but if I'm getting the gist, it's okay if Mormonism is batshit crazy because the other religions have batshit crazy in them, too.

No, not really.

First, the people who wrote the crazy shit like Talking Snakes and a world-wide flood were not just "making shit up", they were putting down into written form stories that had existed from much earlier and everyone assumed was true. (For instance, Noah's Flood was preceded by thousands of years by the Epic of Gilgamesh, which is effectively the same story with different sky pixies. )

This cannot be said of Joseph Smith. He was making the stuff up, and when he was debunked (the Hopewell Civilization were NOT the NEphites, after all) they went on to assume, "Well, we just haven't found them, yet."

Secondly, while other religions have a lot of crazy myths in them, most thinking Christians don't really believe them. (And the ones who do are dumber than dogs.)

First, I didn't mention other religions, but I suggested a comparison of the science of archeology. So, feel free to read into that whatever you wish, the truth comes out eventually.

Secondly, unless you are an eyewitness to whatever claim you make of Joseph Smith, your testimony is incredible. I'm beginning to see how anti-Mormons have a deeper, more elaborate mythology about the guy than the LDS have.

Thirdly, you're doing your damnedest to drive this thread off topic for none other reason but your blind hatred. What, did a Mormon shoot your dogs or something, did they cut you off in traffic, do you believe they meet in dark, smoke filled rooms behind the scenes, secretly plotting against you?

I hope they are.

[

First, I didn't mention other religions, but I suggested a comparison of the science of archeology. So, feel free to read into that whatever you wish, the truth comes out eventually.

Secondly, unless you are an eyewitness to whatever claim you make of Joseph Smith, your testimony is incredible. I'm beginning to see how anti-Mormons have a deeper, more elaborate mythology about the guy than the LDS have.

Thirdly, you're doing your damnedest to drive this thread off topic for none other reason but your blind hatred. What, did a Mormon shoot your dogs or something, did they cut you off in traffic, do you believe they meet in dark, smoke filled rooms behind the scenes, secretly plotting against you?

I hope they are.

First, if you were capable of expressing cogent thought, I probably wouldn't have to try to figure out what you are babbling about.

Second, I don't have to be a witness. I wasn't a witness to the Lincoln Assassination, but I'm pretty darned sure it happened. Smith has already been debunked not only in the complete absense of Nephite artifacts, but that his "translations" of the Kinderhook Tablets and the "Abraham Papyrus" have been proven to be wrong. Therefore, it's not a stretch to conclude that the "Golden Plates" that no one ever saw were also "mistranslated" (i.e.- the creep was making it up to get into the bloomers of other men's wives and daughters.)

Third, I first met Mormons in 1983, and they were the creepiest, most backstabbing people I've ever met in my life. And frankly, the fact they were able to get the GOP nomination because the racist in the GOP would have gone along with anything to get rid of Obama. It was really kind of sad to see a once great political party end up so low.

Whadaya expect from a class act like Mitt? Even in the face of such lefty slime as this idiot and her show guests.

Mitt Romney is a gracious person. So is his wife. None of the Romney'a s are vile people, trying hard to falsely and maliciously accuse others, and that is one reason he lost. Too bad, for so many jobs would have been created, for those who still really want one.

I wanted Newt! He can get in the gutter and handle anyone who does. :thup:

Despite the fact that you like Eye-of-Newt, I always find your avatars so damned sexy, I am likely to engage in friendly flirting with you until the Messiah arrives!!

That said, I also find Mitt Romey a gracious person. Ann as well. I have never felt any ill-will toward him or his religion.

But he didn't lose for the reasons you state. He lost because he ran an average campaign on an average platform, but most of all, because he had to "tack" so far to the Right and say idiotic things just to get Conservatives to be willing to bite the bullet and support him, things that were toxic for him in the General Election, for instance:

-self deportation
-47%
-dodge jeep (Ohio, Michigan)

He has never been "severely Conservative", as he said at CPAC in 2012. He was a moderate Governor with a moderate record in MA, and he should have been honest about his moderation to begin with.

Obama didn't define Romney as much as Romney allowed himself to be defined. That's not Obama's fault. It is Romney's and Romney's alone.

I also think that his choice of running-mate was a fatal flaw on his part. had he picked a heavy hitter like Kay Bailey Hutchinson or even a moderate like Pawlenty, he could maybe even have won.

But those things aside, I want to remind that Mitt Romney just scored the second highest amount of raw votes of any Republican in history, right behind George W. Bush, Jr. from 2004. His showing was really, really repectable and a lot of the Big Sky states and most of the South returned to GOP margins closer to 2004, but a second place is still a second place.

Only, Obama scored better. In fact, Obama has now scored the highest and second highest number of raw votes for any candidate in history. That is a historical fact that Conservatives, try as they may, cannot deny.

Whadaya expect from a class act like Mitt? Even in the face of such lefty slime as this idiot and her show guests.

Mitt Romney is a gracious person. So is his wife. None of the Romney'a s are vile people, trying hard to falsely and maliciously accuse others, and that is one reason he lost. Too bad, for so many jobs would have been created, for those who still really want one.

I wanted Newt! He can get in the gutter and handle anyone who does. :thup:

Maybe you should talk to employees of KB Toys, AmPad and GS Steel about what a swell guy Mitt Romney is.

Did you talk to those employees?

Forum List

Back