Romantic weekends

dmp said:
I doubt it's possible to live and love with somebody 'faking' being a romantic person.
But what if you could?

(this is what you get for breaking out that picture)

The ClayTaurus said:
But what if you could?

I can't. :) And even if I could, it fooling me into thinking she is romantic is not the same as her being 'romantic'.

What I should have written was:

I doubt it'd be possible to live and love w/somebody and not realize they are foolin'.

(this is what you get for breaking out that picture)

Nobody forced you to put that in your AIM profile. :D

dmp said:
I Have - you were away. :)

I'm only online in the evenings...Pacific Time.

:D

<- Fived0llarsOff

Say hello when I'm not away next time, tard. I don't remember seeing your message... but then again, I get a lot of IM spam: "hi cutey come check out my newwebsite www.thisisn'tspampron.nx.rt.si.allyourbase.ifi.alls.net"

The ClayTaurus said:
Say hello when I'm not away next time, tard. I don't remember seeing your message... but then again, I get a lot of IM spam: "hi cutey come check out my newwebsite www.thisisn'tspampron.nx.rt.si.allyourbase.ifi.alls.net"

.exe on occasion, too.

:)

The ClayTaurus said:
If the romantic getaway b&b was near, say, a football stadium, and under the pillow of the bed in the B&B were, say, tickets to a game at said stadium, then a guy would be much more interested in going for reasons other than booty. Most B&B weekends end up very girly, and hence, the guy's natural reaction is to claim he's only going to please the woman and get some. ;)

In general, the female gender over-romanticizes to the point of being unfair. Expectations are often set entirely too high, in my experience, and the focus quickly shifts from "look at the romantic things he did" to "how come he didn't do everything I expected?" Is it really romantic to have expectations of romance to meet anyways?

I would say that is a very gross over generalization, at least from my point of view. I think it depends on the individual. Truly there plenty of women out there that don't pop out of the womb wanting and dreaming of a dream wedding, and endless romance. Than can get pretty suffocating.

Romance is diffferent things to different people.

Bonnie said:
I would say that is a very gross over generalization, at least from my point of view. I think it depends on the individual. Truly there plenty of women out there that don't pop out of the womb wanting and dreaming of a dream wedding, and endless romance. Than can get pretty suffocating.

Romance is diffferent things to different people.

Well, in my experience, you're grossly undergeneralizing :funnyface:

The ClayTaurus said:
Also, if the B&B were somwhere that required a lengthy drive through the mountains, and say some coastal twisties, it would entice some of us more. ;)
0013-0410-2211-5215_SM.jpg

Certainly not a drive to be cooped up in a coupe, gotta be topless or you might as well be in a Lincoln Continental.he he he

sitarro said:
Certainly not a drive to be cooped up in a coupe, gotta be topless or you might as well be in a Lincoln Continental.he he he
Sunroof
Windows Down

I'd have plenty of fun ;)

sitarro said:

The thought of taking those curves in a boat like a Continental is causing me virtual anxiety.

Abbey Normal said:
Do guys really like romantic getaway weekends, like, say a couple of nights at a B&B? It seems to me that these kinds of trips are usually a woman's idea, based on an idealized romantic notion, and guys just go along because they think they have a good chance of getting... well... you know. :kiss2:

I guess it sounds kind of sexist and cynical, but am I right?

I think it depends on what the weekend entails.. If it's just shopping and sex, hell, you don't have to leave home for that... But, if there are mutually enjoyable activities planned, they're more into it.. Just leaving for a weekend isn't romantic - it's what you put into it that is..

But, if you're doing something because you feel you (you = collective) "have" to, just to get him to want to come along, it's not really worth going..

Also - romantic weekends aren't for "doing" - they're for "being"...

Shattered said:
I think it depends on what the weekend entails.. If it's just shopping and sex, hell, you don't have to leave home for that...

I agree, unless you have kids at home. I find it difficult to really enjoy that kind of night with kids in the house.

One of my favorite romantic trips was to Keystone when I lived in Denver, my girlfriend and I went up at noon and hit the slopes till 10 that night. At 4 all the tourist left and the mountain got very quiet. The snow plows started grooming the slopes and the lights came on. There were so few people that we would ski all of the way to the gondela, get on and ski down again. We stayed there and partied in Breckenridge and were back out in the morning . We skied until 4 and went back to the room to get dressed for dinner. . . here is the romantic part. I had reservations for dinner at the restaurant on top of the second mountain. To get there you ride the first Gondela that goes up thru the trees to the first mountain top. You walk to the second Gondela that goes over a valley and around the second mountain. From that Gondela you have an endless view to the sunset which was spectacular that day. You're at around 10,000 feet looking down on Coppermountain and Breckenridge and it doesn't get much prettier. I pulled out the small bottle of Champagne that I had snuck onboard and toasted her birthday. The restaurant is outragious, I believe they claimed 4 or 5 stars...a giant post and beam wood structure . A bottle of wine and a great dinner, and some brandy for the gondela. The ride back was also incredible, it was a full moon and all of the snow covered peaks were lit up where the sunset was earlier. . . priceless. Got back to the room an Yadda yadda we drove home the next morning. A perfect weekend.

This was over a decade ago so I'm sure things have changed but I am sure it is still fun.

sitarro said:
One of my favorite romantic trips was to Keystone when I lived in Denver, my girlfriend and I went up at noon and hit the slopes till 10 that night. At 4 all the tourist left and the mountain got very quiet. The snow plows started grooming the slopes and the lights came on. There were so few people that we would ski all of the way to the gondela, get on and ski down again. We stayed there and partied in Breckenridge and were back out in the morning . We skied until 4 and went back to the room to get dressed for dinner. . . here is the romantic part. I had reservations for dinner at the restaurant on top of the second mountain. To get there you ride the first Gondela that goes up thru the trees to the first mountain top. You walk to the second Gondela that goes over a valley and around the second mountain. From that Gondela you have an endless view to the sunset which was spectacular that day. You're at around 10,000 feet looking down on Coppermountain and Breckenridge and it doesn't get much prettier. I pulled out the small bottle of Champagne that I had snuck onboard and toasted her birthday. The restaurant is outragious, I believe they claimed 4 or 5 stars...a giant post and beam wood structure . A bottle of wine and a great dinner, and some brandy for the gondela. The ride back was also incredible, it was a full moon and all of the snow covered peaks were lit up where the sunset was earlier. . . priceless. Got back to the room an Yadda yadda we drove home the next morning. A perfect weekend.

This was over a decade ago so I'm sure things have changed but I am sure it is still fun.
*takes notes*
you old people are good for something once in a while after all! ;)

Abbey Normal said:
Are you sitting down?

Usually... shopping and some sight-seeing. Sorry!
What the hell kind of romantic weekend is that? There's nothing romantic about shopping...to anyone. Unless you are saying buying things get's you 'in the mood'?

'Romantic weekend' is a euphemism for about 60 straight hours of sex, period. If you interact with any additional people (excepting perhaps room service) you have failed.

Shopping is unacceptable.

Forum List

Back