Romantic weekends

Zhukov said:
'Romantic weekend' is a euphemism for about 60 straight hours of sex, period. If you interact with any additional people (excepting perhaps room service) you have failed.

Hell, I can do that by myself. :)

:(

Zhukov said:
What the hell kind of romantic weekend is that? There's nothing romantic about shopping...to anyone. Unless you are saying buying things get's you 'in the mood'?

<b>'Romantic weekend' is a euphemism for about 60 straight hours of sex, period. If you interact with any additional people (excepting perhaps room service) you have failed.</b>

Shopping is unacceptable.

:eek2:

You're goofy.

Zhukov said:
There's nothing romantic about that.....

Don't be so sure...I can buy flowers for myself...run a bath for myself, and sit there sipping Port and eating dark chocolates, drying and slipping into a comfy robe before collapsing in bed, holding myself as I drift off to sleep.

:)

dmp said:
Don't be so sure...I can buy flowers for myself...run a bath for myself, and sit there sipping Port and eating dark chocolates, drying and slipping into a comfy robe before collapsing in bed, holding myself as I drift off to sleep.

:)

LMFAO!!!!! Don't forget the scented candles...

dmp said:
And I'm the goofy one.....
Shattered said:
You're goofy.
If you say so. I happen to think that's just plain common sense.

Just me the boat maybe the grandkids or some buds....the smell of fresh air,boat fuel,bait,beer,bbq,sunsets and sunups,laughing and joking...just letting it all hang out(pun)...no nagging aloud! :laugh:

archangel said:
Just me the boat maybe the grandkids or some buds....the smell of fresh air,boat fuel,bait,beer,bbq,sunsets and sunups,laughing and joking...just letting it all hang out(pun)...no nagging aloud! :laugh:

You call that 'Romantic'?

dmp said:
You call that 'Romantic'?

and thats why I get the outdoors foxes...golden brown(tanned- natural or otherwise)...don't nag and enjoy what nature has to offer!(buds can be girls too...don't ya know?) :laugh:

archangel said:
and thats why I get the outdoors foxes...golden brown(tanned- natural or otherwise)...don't nag and enjoy what nature has to offer!(buds can be girls too...don't ya know?) :laugh:

again...is that 'romance' for you?

dmp said:
again...is that 'romance' for you?

thats what I said and I'm sticking to it...there are those that dream...and those that do...enjoy what 'you' do and I will enjoy what 'I' do...this is a subjective thread...what is romantic to you or others may not be romantic to me and vice versus!

archangel said:
thats what I said and I'm sticking to it...there are those that dream...and those that do...enjoy what 'you' do and I will enjoy what 'I' do...this is a subjective thread...what is romantic to you or others may not be romantic to me and vice versus!

I suspect you may not understand the difference between 'romance' and 'having a good time hanging out with friends'.

Dictionary said:
ro·mance (r&#333;-m&#259;ns', r&#333;'m&#259;ns')
n.

A love affair.
Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people; love: They kept the romance alive in their marriage for 35 years.
A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm for something: a childhood romance with the sea.
A mysterious or fascinating quality or appeal, as of something adventurous, heroic, or strangely beautiful: “These fine old guns often have a romance clinging to them” (Richard Jeffries).

A long medieval narrative in prose or verse that tells of the adventures and heroic exploits of chivalric heroes: an Arthurian romance.
A long fictitious tale of heroes and extraordinary or mysterious events, usually set in a distant time or place.
The class of literature constituted by such tales.

An artistic work, such as a novel, story, or film, that deals with sexual love, especially in an idealized form.
The class or style of such works.
A fictitiously embellished account or explanation: We have been given speculation and romance instead of the facts.
Music. A lyrical, tender, usually sentimental song or short instrumental piece.
Romance The Romance languages.
I guess hanging out with the buds could technically be romantic, by definition, but not the same kind of romantic as what most of this thread is referring to...

(at least, I hope not)

romance is in the eye of the beholder...what is considered textbook definitions are not being true or realistic to life...we all have our fantasies and desires...to some or all it can never be related as a catch all...! Buds can and are opposite sexes who share the same interests...so if ya prefer to go along against your interests to get the proverbial "Laid" so be it...I prefer to hang out with those with the same interests as I have whether or not the end result is getting "Laid...very simplistic on my part...but at least honest! :p:

archangel said:
romance is in the eye of the beholder...what is considered textbook definitions are not being true or realistic to life...we all have our fantasies and desires...to some or all it can never be related as a catch all...! Buds can and are opposite sexes who share the same interests...so if ya prefer to go along against your interests to get the proverbial "Laid" so be it...I prefer to hang out with those with the same interests as I have whether or not the end result is getting "Laid...very simplistic on my part...but at least honest! :p:

...but how does that situation bring ROMANCE??

archangel said:
Just me the boat or some buds....the smell of fresh air,boat fuel,bait,beer,bbq,sunsets and sunups,laughing and joking...just letting it all hang out(pun)...no nagging aloud! :laugh:

We either need to ask his definition of "buds" (cannabis?) or start playing the theme to Brokeback Mountain.

:rotflmao:

dmp said:
...but how does that situation bring ROMANCE??

sharing common interests...enjoying nature and what it has to offer..ya know a biblical thingee...if ya are referring to the "Nasty" well I can do that at home...it is a natural desire and need...not necessasarily related to romance...
Romance can include this need, but is not a prerequesite for me...been there done that sorta thingee...Romance to me is sharing common interests without the need to hit the sack at the first opportunity...as I said...romance is a subjective thing...what you or yours find romantic I may not....simple as that!

GotZoom said:
We either need to ask his definition of "buds" (cannabis?) or start playing the theme to Brokeback Mountain.

:rotflmao:

if ya bothered to read my posts on this issue...well ya would have noticed that..."Buds" can be and are girls in my life! If ya have issues undefined in your life...I will say a prayer for you! :smoke:

archangel said:
sharing common interests...enjoying nature and what it has to offer..ya know a biblical thingee...if ya are referring to the "Nasty" well I can do that at home...it is a natural desire and need...not necessasarily related to romance...
Romance can include this need, but is not a prerequesite for me...been there done that sorta thingee...Romance to me is sharing common interests without the need to hit the sack at the first opportunity...as I said...romance is a subjective thing...what you or yours find romantic I may not....simple as that!
Would you agree that your idea of romance is out of the ordinary, at least?

New Topics

Forum List

Back