Romantic weekends

Mr. P said:
Now THAT'S a pain in the ass, ya just have to take it off, why even put it on?
Wait, I know, it's that romance thing, right? :scratch:

Why remove it? Hook-and-loop openings correctly placed can allow for easy access...and junk :)

dmp said:
One can also ask "Is romance an 'act' or is romance a 'state of being'...'circumstance'? Attitude? Sure 'acts' can be romantic. But even romantic acts are not necessarily 'romance'.

So if romantic acts don't count as romance, what does?

gop_jeff said:
To paraphrase James:

'Try and show me your romance without deeds; I will show you my romance by what I do.'

:)

To paraphrase Don Juan DePemberton:

'Don't do something romantic because the other person enjoys it - Do something romantic because you enjoy being romantic'

dmp said:
To paraphrase Don Juan DePemberton:

'Don't do something romantic because the other person enjoys it - Do something romantic because you enjoy being romantic'

So if one doesn't enjoy being romantic, one should never perform romantic acts?

gop_jeff said:
So if one doesn't enjoy being romantic, one should never perform romantic acts?

I can't get trapped into your 'if then' scenarios. I'll just say a [edit]romantic[/edit] act done as a measure of servitude doesn't carry much weight in my eyes. I don't want my lover to do things 'to please me' - I want her to get pleasure from pleasing me. And vice-Versa. I think a case could be made surface-level romantic acts, such as bringing flowers, sweets, gifts - making dinners, etc., which are performed 'just because the other person likes it' do NOT make the performer 'romantic'. The performer may be 'nice' to do such things solely for the benefit of the other, but I don't want to be married to just a 'nice' person. I want a 'romantic' person. One who has the ability to dive head-first into passion, romance, closeness, intimacy. One who is at times inexplicably drawn towards me. A lady who moves to my side of the room, when she enters and sees me there - almost subconsciously. The french call it a certain I don't know what. A lady who loves to simply love me. A lady who does the ordinary things/little things which become romantic simply because of her 'spirit'. Her motivation. That motivation can't be 'Only because he'll be unhappy if I do NOT. That motivation MUST at least part of the time, stem from (her speaking) 'I'll be unhappy if I do not.'

If you were God, would you want to be loved because you WANT love, or because people truly LOVE you, whether you ask for love or not?

Get it?

It's a difference of obligation and desire.

I want someone who desires to be romantic with me, not someone who feels they have to because that is what I want or that is what they are supposed to do.

dmp said:
I can't get trapped into your 'if then' scenarios. I'll just say a [edit]romantic[/edit] act done as a measure of servitude doesn't carry much weight in my eyes. I don't want my lover to do things 'to please me' - I want her to get pleasure from pleasing me. And vice-Versa. I think a case could be made surface-level romantic acts, such as bringing flowers, sweets, gifts - making dinners, etc., which are performed 'just because the other person likes it' do NOT make the performer 'romantic'. The performer may be 'nice' to do such things solely for the benefit of the other, but I don't want to be married to just a 'nice' person. I want a 'romantic' person. One who has the ability to dive head-first into passion, romance, closeness, intimacy. One who is at times inexplicably drawn towards me. A lady who moves to my side of the room, when she enters and sees me there - almost subconsciously. The french call it a certain I don't know what. A lady who loves to simply love me. A lady who does the ordinary things/little things which become romantic simply because of her 'spirit'. Her motivation. That motivation can't be 'Only because he'll be unhappy if I do NOT. That motivation MUST at least part of the time, stem from (her speaking) 'I'll be unhappy if I do not.'

If you were God, would you want to be loved because you WANT love, or because people truly LOVE you, whether you ask for love or not?

Get it?

It's like I've heard this before...

gop_jeff said:
Fixed that for ya.

:D

The problem is, you could if-then ANY situation you can create to try to prove a point. Mr. Ironic would say that would then be MISSING the point.

Maybe this'll help ya, Spock...

"I would rather somebody NOT do 'romantic' acts for me, than do them with false motivation"

Like GotZoom mentioned above.

dmp said:
The problem is, you could if-then ANY situation you can create to try to prove a point. Mr. Ironic would say that would then be MISSING the point.

Maybe this'll help ya, Spock...

"I would rather somebody NOT do 'romantic' acts for me, than do them with false motivation"

Like GotZoom mentioned above.
But what if you couldn't discern whether or not they were genuine?

The ClayTaurus said:
But what if you couldn't discern whether or not they were genuine?

What we were butterflies having a dream we were real?

I know people. I read non-verbal communication. If my lover can fool me, more power to her. I doubt it's possible to live and love with somebody 'faking' being a romantic person.

New Topics

Forum List

Back