Rolling Stones vs Beatles

Why do people compare the Beatles with the Stones? Cause they're both British? Might as well compare the Beatles with John Clesse

Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery, White Album and Abbey Road I mean JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!

They pushed the boundaries of music like no other band ever did. It's like comparing Einstein with one of the Global Warming Poseurs

Billy was a Mountain.

i prefer the beatles and the kinks to the stones.

shake up the pale dry ginger ale.

The zipper from the Black Lagoon

I'd have to go with the Beatles, all the transitions they went through.

Why do people compare the Beatles with the Stones? Cause they're both British? Might as well compare the Beatles with John Clesse

Revolver, Rubber Soul, Sgt Peppers, Magical Mystery, White Album and Abbey Road I mean JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!

They pushed the boundaries of music like no other band ever did. It's like comparing Einstein with one of the Global Warming Poseurs

Billy was a Mountain.

i prefer the beatles and the kinks to the stones.

shake up the pale dry ginger ale.

The zipper from the Black Lagoon

that's the pedestrian beat.

you don't dance to that beat.

I got to vote Beatles on this one, the Rolling Stones came up with one sound and stayed with it for decades, the Beatles innovated, evolved changed.

The Stones just became a money marketing parody of themselves.

Still, I think John Lennon was a fake cock sucker.

Last edited:
The Stones were some guys who did the kind of music that we all already recognized really damned well.

The Beatles changed the direction music took, invented (or revived) new (or existing) generes of music that expanded what the music of my generation (rock and pop) was listening to.

Really there's no comparison between these bands.

The Beatles were world class musicians expanding the tastes of my generation AND the WWII generation at the same time, while the Stones were just a great RnR band.

Last edited:
I love both groups...they're different, but both are talented

The Beatles had Sir George Martin, the genius behind their polished recordings...

The Stones have raw appeal that is more tribal...

But I still prefer both bands early stuff...

The beatles were the backstreet boys of their time. Spare me. Their BEST song is While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Most of everything else, with a handful of exceptions, is about as profound as the 4th minute of Inagaddadavida.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMnES7WoT4[/ame]

just because the beatles rode the whole psychedelic daytripper genre like a greasy haired, flannel shit wearer in the 90s doesn't make their music offerings phenomenal. MAYBE about 30% of their entire music offering is great. MAYBE. The rest is laughable tripe that has more in common with Winger than Mozart.

It takes a certain sort of special to jump a shark from a yellow submarine.

:rofl:

:thup:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o949iJCVpQk[/ame]

Bands that influenced me more than the Beatles or the Stones? Santana, Alman Brothers, Marshal Tucker, Quick Silver, Derek And The Dominoes, Credence, Traffic, Pink Floyd, CSNY, Greatful Dead, Yes, Emerson Lake & Palmer,most of Philly and Motown.

The tip of the iceberg. Still I prefer the Beatles over the Stones.

The beatles were the backstreet boys of their time. Spare me. Their BEST song is While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Most of everything else, with a handful of exceptions, is about as profound as the 4th minute of Inagaddadavida.

Music is a matter of taste. You have every right to not like the Beatles, but to discount their contribution and impact and then compare them to the BSB or one hit wonders like Iron Butterfly is just plain ignorant...

You are no Mozart of the mind...

I say the Beatles were very influential because they drug their early pop fans from their Menudo like days into the late 60's. Imagine if the New Kids on the Block actually turned into Alice n Chains!

Beatles & Stones Albums are both very hit and miss for me with. Counting pre-70's Stones, only Beggars Banquet is the only one I can just put in the CD player and pick a 5 songs I like from.

Music is a matter of taste. You have every right to not like the Beatles, but to discount their contribution and impact and then compare them to the BSB or one hit wonders like Iron Butterfly is just plain ignorant...

You are no Mozart of the mind...

yea! nothing says "innovative" quite like beginning their career as the pop band du jour teen candy soundtrack and ending by delving into the same trite psychedelic shit that EVERYONE ELSE was already offering. Did you think the beatles invented that colorful, tripped out genre? You might as well have assumed that Creed invented grunge. Face it, the beatles had more in common with N'sync than mozart. Hell, at least the Stones have musical roots in blues beyond whatever candy flavored hook caused 12 year old girls to chase them around the city. HELP!, indeed.

:lol:

GHEY. just saying.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kRQ7zQNsx8[/ame]

Forum List

Back