Roe v. Wade 1973 Rethought: is it More Humane to Terminate?

Is more humane to terminate a life if you know that the quality of life will be one of horrible circumstance? Would you want a person to live on this earth under constant health care unable to brush their own teeth, wallowing in their own feces? Would not the more logical and loving thing to do is to terminate that life?
Attitudes to disability and termination | Topics, Antenatal Screening, Pregnancy & children, People's Experiences | healthtalk.org

A doctor cannot predict quality of life, they are far from accurate. Who are we to play God and decide to take a life.

Is more humane to terminate a life if you know that the quality of life will be one of horrible circumstance? Would you want a person to live on this earth under constant health care unable to brush their own teeth, wallowing in their own feces? Would not the more logical and loving thing to do is to terminate that life?
Attitudes to disability and termination | Topics, Antenatal Screening, Pregnancy & children, People's Experiences | healthtalk.org

I'm expecting a "but, but, but Bill Clinton...", reply coming soon from the hypocritical scumbag bush92.

Obama accepting the endorsement of the murderer Ted Kennedy...high morals indeed...

To me the bottom line is that decent, moral conservatives generally do not have abortions.

Self absorbed leftists do.

As long as no taxes are used, we as a society do not share guilt.

I think all libturds should be sterilized, but as long as they can have abortions I won't stand in the way.

"Moral conservative" is a charade. The proof is in trump's pudding.
Conservatives have morals. Marxist do not.
Nice platitude. Keep your head in the sand, bruh. I'll be over here asking what happened to the conservative gop. No longer care about deficits and debt. No longer care about morals, ethics, or integrity in their leaders as multiple have fallen from grace with gross sex scandals and endless dishonesty. No longer care about the American dream or the middle class while they legislate financial benefits for non-citizen corporations and monopolies. No longer care about the law as they shout down Mueller who is uncovering the Trump crime syndicate, and they cheer for possibly the worst judicial nominees in history. Good job.
They truly are the Party of No Values.
Teddy...
Ted Kennedy: The Senator of Sleaze who was a drunk sexual bully... and left a young woman to die | Daily Mail Online

Geeesh. Hateful much?

Says the guy with the Confederate Flag as an AVI?

I just point out the obvious... what your dream world looks like, when women don't have reproductive choice and are forced to have defective children.

So they'd drive the long buses through the neighborhood, and pick up all the undesirables they didn't want to send to the regular schools, and warehouse them somewhere... It was actually kind of awful.

The Nazi Holocaust did not begin with large-scale concentration camps, and factorized mass-killings.

It began with small-scale identification and killing of those deemed substandard due to handicaps.

This is how it began then, and this is how it is beginning now.

40 years of legalized abortions with some states doing everything in their power to place restrictions on them but yeah “it’s beginning now”. lol

Nice platitude. Keep your head in the sand, bruh. I'll be over here asking what happened to the conservative gop. No longer care about deficits and debt. No longer care about morals, ethics, or integrity in their leaders as multiple have fallen from grace with gross sex scandals and endless dishonesty. No longer care about the American dream or the middle class while they legislate financial benefits for non-citizen corporations and monopolies. No longer care about the law as they shout down Mueller who is uncovering the Trump crime syndicate, and they cheer for possibly the worst judicial nominees in history. Good job.

Yeah, you keep doing that.

You'll be the only one who gives a shit.

Democrooks prattling about "moral standards" are like abortion doctors preaching to deer hunters about how precious life is.

Fucking retard.

You may or may not be right but my point was disabled children affect many more people than just themselves. The lives of the other 3 family members would have been much more easier and more satisfying without an autistic child. Also, how many children were not born to that family because they needed to save so much of their time and money for the disabled child?

I'm not sure that I agree. Who's to say the 'healthy' sibling doesn't become some psycho Hitler type wannabe that goes farther with the torture & mass murder than the original did? Just because the disabled child is a pain in the ass to care for, doesn't mean he should be 'terminated' and the question then is "which one really has the debilitating disease that should have been aborted???

Actually Hitler started with the sick in hospitals. He rounded up those who were "suffering", took them in the basement, and....well......put them out of their misery.

I reckon Progs approve of it ONLY if they did not feel any pain.

Yeah, what I can't understand is how do they call themselves Progressives & Liberals, when the only sanctity of life are those that break the law

i am considered a liberal on this here message board & i believe in the right to choose AND the death penalty for certain individuals that break the law.

so much for your 'theory'.

Illegal immigrants???

Just where do you draw the line?

And by who's authority?

premeditated murderers & rapists of children & adults. that's the line. & it's a states' decision whether to have the death penalty or not.

Interesting that you would violate the rights of women to decide whether or not they can care for another life that they did in fact create. Your position gives more rights to that life than you give to it’s creators.

First, it’s important to mention that I am not in favor of legislation. I don’t mean on this topic, I mean in general. So you have little to fear from me.

My interest in this discussion is whether it’s moral to abort a fetus. It’s a very difficult subject, and honestly, I don’t believe mankind yet has a thorough enough understanding of morality to answer it definitively. I don’t know that I would wholly ascribe the title “creator” to the mother. At the very most she is only half-creator, and then there are metaphysical questions to consider.

In any case, I do not value one person’s rights over another’s. But that fetus is not merely another part of a mother’s body. This is evident by the fact that her body cannot create one on its own, but requires another person to contribute something that is not intrinsic to her own biology. Her pregnancy does not occur unilaterally, and so there are other people to consider besides just the mother.

The fetus could be considered one of those people. We would say so a year later, so why not at inception? Aborting a fetus may very well be a violation of that new being’s rights, and that’s something worth considering in earnest.

It is the mother who has to gestate the fetus. The father doesn’t even have to be in the picture other than for the act of inseminating her.

The fetus is not yet a “being”, it is the potential of life. If the mother feels strongly that this is a baby she wants to carry, or if she believes, as you do, that the fetus is already a person and has rights, she is free to act on her beliefs.

If, however, the mother does not believe as you do, and does not, for whatever reason believe that giving life and birth to a child is in her best interests or that of her family, by what right should you be able to tell her she’s wrong and cannot do this.

I also note that you are opposed to providing financial assistance to those who can’t afford to have the children you would force them to bear. Don’t you think it’s hypocritical to tell a woman she must have a baby she cannot afford to raise and then tell her not to expect to help her raise it.

You can’t call the tune if you’re not willing to pay the piper.

Did you miss the part about me being anti-legislation? I’m not trying to tell them what they can or cannot do. I’m raising a point about the morality of the situation.

You say the fetus is not yet a being, but there’s no basis for this assertion. Who can say when life begins? It never does, really, it just sort of transfers, or emerges from other life, and it’s difficult to say when we can call it a life of its own.

Whether or not a family can afford a child and maintain their lifestyle is not a consideration. Evolved beings do not kill people to avoid being broke.

We call it a life of its own when the child is born.
Life begins at conception.

So? A significant portion of conceived eggs do not make to to birth.

Life begins at conception.

1/3 of all fetuses are victims of “spontaneous abortions”, commonly called “miscarriages”. That’s why women routinely wait until after the end of the first trimester to announce a pregnancy to family and friends.

If these fetuses are considered “lives”, why don’t we give them names, or hold funerals for them? Why is the response to shrug and say “Happens all the time”?

I'm not sure that I agree. Who's to say the 'healthy' sibling doesn't become some psycho Hitler type wannabe that goes farther with the torture & mass murder than the original did? Just because the disabled child is a pain in the ass to care for, doesn't mean he should be 'terminated' and the question then is "which one really has the debilitating disease that should have been aborted???

Actually Hitler started with the sick in hospitals. He rounded up those who were "suffering", took them in the basement, and....well......put them out of their misery.

I reckon Progs approve of it ONLY if they did not feel any pain.

Yeah, what I can't understand is how do they call themselves Progressives & Liberals, when the only sanctity of life are those that break the law

i am considered a liberal on this here message board & i believe in the right to choose AND the death penalty for certain individuals that break the law.

so much for your 'theory'.

Illegal immigrants???

Just where do you draw the line?

And by who's authority?

premeditated murderers & rapists of children & adults. that's the line. & it's a states' decision whether to have the death penalty or not.

I do agree there will always be instances where death penalty or abortion come into play. And maybe not you personally, but there are millions of Progresseives/Liberals that are against the death penalty in all circumstances.

To me the bottom line is that decent, moral conservatives generally do not have abortions.

Self absorbed leftists do.

As long as no taxes are used, we as a society do not share guilt.

I think all libturds should be sterilized, but as long as they can have abortions I won't stand in the way.

Yes, it’s true. Liberal women don’t actually give birth. They just have unprotected sex so they can abort.

Forum List

Back