Robotic takeover : When labour value tends to zero.

I am really wondering how robots will reshape the cyclic economic model.

dear, a wheel is, in effect, a robot. Now do you understand? I pride myself on making things simple enough for even a liberal to understand.

No Ed, the wheel is NOT a robot much less a sentient being. The wheel is a tool, period.
An human level AI is a construct capable of learning everything a human can learn. We are not there yet, but there are some very interesting advances in machine learning.
At this point self-driving cars are the tip of the iceberg, so yes , maybe we'll have a sample of what could happen once self-driving cars become mainstream. The wheel pah, don't BS me !

At this point self-driving cars are the tip of the iceberg, !

so dear, when are self-driving cars going to replace as many people as the wheel and farm equipment? You do science fiction because you cant do economics.
Actually Ed
1) The wheel didn't take any jobs. None.
2) Wheel invention predates capitalism and corporativism, so the economic system was quite different.
Farm equipment
Ah , indeed, there was a rather nasty period that lasted 50 years in which wages stagnated in spite of productivity rise.
So you're probably thinking : let's just wait 50 years until the market adjusts.

Farm equipment
Ah , indeed, there was a rather nasty period that lasted 50 years in which wages stagnated in spite of productivity rise.
So you're probably thinking : let's just wait 50 years until the market adjusts.

I'm sure you think that is something more than utter gibberish. Why not try to make sense?

MInd work is much harder than which is made by hands (or how to spell it...)

dear, the market adjusts instantly in most cases; so you're probably thinking lets appoint a libnazi who can adjust it even faster and better like Hitler, Stalin, and Mao- right? only you're lib Nazis would get it right- right??

Ideally, all human labor would be replaced by technology and humans would be free to explore arts, humanities, culture, science, and other liberal arts. Living wages would be distributed from the productivity of robotic labor.

In reality, human labor will continue to be displaced by technology as a few of the greediest humans (the ones that seek identity through wealth accumulation) accumulate most of the fruits of production. Eventually a worldwide revolution will sweep the globe--with horrible outcomes.

When black slaves freed whites from labor in the Confederate South, the whites turned into "white trash", ignorant stupid losers.

A plague that exists even today.

You wish they would be free to explore arts, humanities, culture...blah blah.

But more actually they would just become garbage having lost all self worth, like people in Elysium.

. And yet , with little labour supply households will have little bargaining power. Even worse, there will be no need to produce those consumer goods.
dear stupid liberal, if the earth has 10 billion people the labor supply is 10 billion people. How is that little labor supply? You say the 10 billion won't need consumer goods like food?? As usual you seem 100% stupid and liberal.

He means "little labor demand".

With demand for labor decreased by massive robotic development, in a society where wealth redistribution is dependent upon work, how do we survive?

The answer is we don't.

Ideally, all human labor would be replaced by technology and humans would be free to explore arts, humanities, culture, science, and other liberal arts. Living wages would be distributed from the productivity of robotic labor.

In reality, human labor will continue to be displaced by technology as a few of the greediest humans (the ones that seek identity through wealth accumulation) accumulate most of the fruits of production. Eventually a worldwide revolution will sweep the globe--with horrible outcomes.
This is exactly what I would like to discuss. Goods will still be scarce , so we will still need trade and markets. And yet , with little labour supply households will have little bargaining power. Even worse, there will be no need to produce those consumer goods.
One possible solution would be wealth re distribution through taxation, increasing the importance of corporate taxes, relative to the importance of individual income taxes.

The future will most likely resemble the Slave South, where 1% owned most of the labor force (slaves = robots).

The rest of the people were poor as shit.

All corporations care about is productivity. Robots are the perfect tool to get the most out of the hours of work...

I am simply saying that we the people should benefit from this productivity in eliminating hunger and giving everyone their basic needs. I think robots can be a very good thing but we must not allow the pure capitalist bs to drive our society into great poverty.

All corporations care about is productivity. Robots are the perfect tool to get the most out of the hours of work...

I am simply saying that we the people should benefit from this productivity in eliminating hunger and giving everyone their basic needs. I think robots can be a very good thing but we must not allow the pure capitalist bs to drive our society into great poverty.
How do you suggest we distribute these goods and services that unemployed people can't afford because they are jobless?

How do you suggest we distribute these goods and services that unemployed people can't afford because they are jobless?

Everyone will get basic income of around 1,200-1,500 per month to survive. They then will have the ability to get a education and focus towards a real job.

We provide public education, roads, weather warnings and much more...There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to focus some of this productivity towards societies advantage.

Let's say for the right to have the efficiency of robotics a business would need to pay a tax of 3-5% more. This would go towards this basic income! ;) Maybe there'd be a federal income for everyone with over 50g's to pay 2-3% more towards this.

Everyone will get basic income of around 1,200-1,500 per month to survive. They then will have the ability to get a education and focus towards a real job.

We provide public education, roads, weather warnings and much more...There's no reason why we shouldn't be able to focus some of this productivity towards societies advantage.
Bingo, universal minimum wage is a proposed idea.

I think a better one is to create a new form of ownership of capital, not communist, but private ownership but a guaranteed minimum ownership of capital to all households or individuals not in a households.

This allows people to be financially responsible for their assets, but have a minimum to always fall back upon and use to consume the products of future industry.

Let's say for the right to have the efficiency of robotics a business would need to pay a tax of 3-5% more. This would go towards this basic income! ;) Maybe there'd be a federal income for everyone with over 50g's to pay 2-3% more towards this.

No, no reason to create such legal hassles as justifying the tax, just tax them for making a profit.

Taxes should always be simple, because other wise it creates huge non-productive sectors like the current legal morass in the US.

. And yet , with little labour supply households will have little bargaining power. Even worse, there will be no need to produce those consumer goods.
dear stupid liberal, if the earth has 10 billion people the labor supply is 10 billion people. How is that little labor supply? You say the 10 billion won't need consumer goods like food?? As usual you seem 100% stupid and liberal.

He means "little labor demand".

With demand for labor decreased by massive robotic development, in a society where wealth redistribution is dependent upon work, how do we survive?

The answer is we don't.

100% stupid of course. the wheel, farm plow, electricity, replaced every human 10 times over and that only make every human 10 times richer. Econ 101

tax them for making a profit.

100000% stupid!! What you tax you get less of. Less profit means less business and less jobs and less new innovations. Better to reward them for profits and success than to punish them!! Would you punish your kid for doing well in school?

Forum List

Back