Rob Schneider being crushed for tweet. Hilarious.

91267dc579e83b8f3b95dda96808c83b.jpg

Don't you just want to punch each of them in the face?
Punch who in the face? Don't you find it ironic to preach violence in a comment against anger and hate?
Not schneider. The people crushing him for his tweet.
Still, as MLK wisely stated: "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love".

While violence does have a place such as going to war with an aggressive nation, within our own borders, it should be reserved for self-defense and other instances for the lawful use of deadly force.

As for Lewis, he and many of the "Black" organizations enrich themselves by screaming "Racism!" and holding out their hands. Lewis is fluffing up his own bed here. Notice Senators Booker (NJ-D) and Harris (CA-D) had no problem showing up. Why do you think that is? Do you think they are Race Traitors?

Why would I think that? After all, I'm not the one declaring all blacks have to think in lockstep. Nor am I saying everyone has to resist in the same way.

Punch who in the face? Don't you find it ironic to preach violence in a comment against anger and hate?
Still, as MLK wisely stated: "Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love".

While violence does have a place such as going to war with an aggressive nation, within our own borders, it should be reserved for self-defense and other instances for the lawful use of deadly force.
I still WANT TO. I am a horrible sinner, I have to admit.

I do think many of them DESERVE something violent happening to them.

Parks faced very real and immediate consequences for her actions. What did Lewis face? Let's put it another way. Lewis faced very real consequences for actions he took in the past. What did he face this time?

So your position is you're not allowed to take a stand unless you face immediate consequences for your actions?

If that's not your position, why did you bring it up?

My point? Many other people have taken stands who didn't face immediate consequences for it, yet Lewis is the only person that conservatives have melted down over. As the only apparent difference is that Lewis is a black man who dared criticize white man, it's logical to conclude that's what triggered the intensity of the meltdowns.
I focused on the comparison with Rosa Parks and cited a significant difference between the two events. Are you capable of focusing on that, or are you determined to erect straw man after straw man?

IOW, are you determined to claim that Lewis is acting heroically in the tradition of Rosa Parks?

Lewis faced real discrimination and real abuse for his skin color. He is facing none of that now.

As for Lewis, he and many of the "Black" organizations enrich themselves by screaming "Racism!" and holding out their hands. Lewis is fluffing up his own bed here. Notice Senators Booker (NJ-D) and Harris (CA-D) had no problem showing up. Why do you think that is? Do you think they are Race Traitors?

Why would I think that? After all, I'm not the one declaring all blacks have to think in lockstep. Nor am I saying everyone has to resist in the same way.
What exactly do you think they have to resist? What policy put forward by Trump is going to take the US back to the days of fire hoses, lynchings, and black people forced to sit in the back of the bus?

What policy? Be specific.

I focused on the comparison with Rosa Parks and cited a significant difference between the two events. Are you capable of focusing on that, or are you determined to erect straw man after straw man?

I used no strawmen. My point just went over your head.

IOW, are you determined to claim that Lewis is acting heroically in the tradition of Rosa Parks?

Did I say "heroically"? That's your strawman.

All your buddies here are saying that Lewis was "giving in to anger and hurt". As you're jumping on their bandwagon, I have to assume you want to back up that point. If you're not, you shouldn't have jumped on their bandwagon.

By using the Rosa Parks analogy, I showed that claim is obvious crap. Standing up for what's right is not "giving in to anger and hurt". The only exception in the universe to that rule seems to be for Lewis.

Lewis faced real discrimination and real abuse for his skin color. He is facing none of that now.

A fine strawman, but what does that have to do with your side's claims that Lewis was "giving in to anger and hurt"?

Vote suppression on a level not seen since Jim Crow, some open racism supported by almost every conservative.

Police serving effectively as neighborhood shakedown gangs, constantly fining the residents into poverty.

Blacks still be profiled as criminals.

Housing and job discrimination.

And Trump giving the white supremacists places of power in his administration.

I still WANT TO. I am a horrible sinner, I have to admit.

I do think many of them DESERVE something violent happening to them.
Disagreed on violence. I think they are either misguided or, as in the case of Lewis, simply leeches bleeding their own people dry. Still, it's up to those that elected him to decide. If they want to vote him out, I'd support the decision. Best way to get even with a politician is to vote them out of office.

The fact that John Lewis is being USED for POLITICAL GAIN by the democrats and the fact that he is so patronized,

There's more of that patronizing racism from the right, the claim that all blacks are so stupid, they let themselves be used by Democrats.

Naturally, the conservatives will tell you it's not racist when they say an entire race is stupid. It only looks like textbook racism, but somehow it's not, just because they say it's not.
Actually they are going to say that it is not racist because it is not. There is nothing in that statement about race at all - the statement was that a specific person, Lewis, was being used for political gain. YOU can only see the fact that Lewis is black and seem to have the need to project that on any statement made about this subject.

Nor schneider. He's correct.

No, he's not. MLK "gave in" to his anger by organizing protests and marches nationwide, and was arrested many times for his efforts. He also had words in response to the establishment that were FAR more acerbic than anything Lewis has said lately:

I’ve come upon something that disturbs me deeply. We have fought hard and long for integration, as I believe we should have, and I know that we will win. But I’ve come to believe we’re integrating into a burning house.” - MLK

"A riot is the language of the unheard.” - MLK

Dr._Martin_Luther_King__Jr_on_Capitalism.jpg

mlk-poverty-capitalism-1967.png

fe8e2686ced89278de5c31e1c3f7fae0.jpg

The difference is, Parks reacted to an actual injustice while Lewis is reacting to something he is afraid MIGHT happen.

So you're saying there's no racial injustice now?

I imagine Rosa parks got told that too.
I cannot take that question seriously because it is an absurd exaggeration of something I didn't even say. IOW, strawman.

Parks faced very real and immediate consequences for her actions. What did Lewis face? Let's put it another way. Lewis faced very real consequences for actions he took in the past. What did he face this time?

Isn't he best situated to answer that? The man had his head cracked open in Selma. The fuck do YOU know about his perspective on race relations, and whether it's accurate, whiteboy?

The difference is, Parks reacted to an actual injustice while Lewis is reacting to something he is afraid MIGHT happen.

I cannot take that question seriously because it is an absurd exaggeration of something I didn't even say. IOW, strawman.

Isn't he best situated to answer that? The man had his head cracked open in Selma. The fuck do YOU know about his perspective on race relations, and whether it's accurate, whiteboy?
Does that make him above criticism today?

Simple yes or no will do.

No where did I say that.

You're also avoiding answering my questions of Lewis's motives here versus those of Booker and Harris. In addition, you completely avoided answering my reply to you about Affirmative Action. Why? Do you support institutionalized racism such as AA or do you not believe that it is racist?

No politicians are above criticism. Ever act or statement is up for criticism regardless of political affiliation.

In addition, the hypocrisy of political partisans who are quick to criticize the opposition but staunchly defend their own political affiliation regardless of how ridiculous or unsupported it is, is also up for criticism.

You're avoiding answering my questions of Lewis's motives here versus those of Booker and Harris. Why?

Do you think racism-oriented politicians and organization are becoming more racist in order for their own benefit?

Vote suppression on a level not seen since Jim Crow, some open racism supported by almost every conservative.

Police serving effectively as neighborhood shakedown gangs, constantly fining the residents into poverty.

Blacks still be profiled as criminals.

Housing and job discrimination.

And Trump giving the white supremacists places of power in his administration.
IOW, circumstances that existed under Obama. The reality is, there is no one outside his door ready to beat him senseless because he looked too long at a white woman, there is no one ready to put cuffs on him and take him to jail because he drank out of the wrong water fountain.

I know that he's serving, as a black man, in one of the highest elected offices in this country. I know that he can eat at any restaurant he wants to eat in. I know he can talk to a white woman without fearing a lynch mob. You tell me, what does he face now that he didn't face the last 8 years when Obama was president?

I know that he's serving, as a black man, in one of the highest elected offices in this country. I know that he can eat at any restaurant he wants to eat in. I know he can talk to a white woman without fearing a lynch mob. You tell me, what does he face now that he didn't face the last 8 years when Obama was president?

He faces the erosion of hard-won rights, and the normalization of hate, prejudice and violence, under a racist president.

Lunch counters and talking to white women? You think THAT'S all King fought for? Fuck you.

Forum List

Back