Rip up NAFTA, apply 15-20% border tariff and 10's of thousands of jobs will be recovered from Canada

Trump is one man, lets remember we still have the idiots in congress to deal with. Congress has allowed other countries to steal our jobs for decades.

Look, congress uses our jobs as currency, they trade our jobs to other countries for favors and kickbacks, or to benefit a donor or special interest group. This corruption has laid waste to entire industries in the USA.

I wish Trump luck but people lets remember, he's fighting the DC establishment a corrupt cesspool.
How does another country "steal" our jobs? No, we seek out cheap labor and those places where we can pollute to hearts content

:itsok: if you want to reduce pollution look no further than Dem run cities. Seattle recently spilled over 200 million gallons of putrid untreated human sewage into Puget Sound, they had to close the beaches it was that nasty.
What exactly does a democratic run city have to do with this tragedy, Homer. If everything political to you

You were trying to fake concern over pollution by corporations. I pointed out real pollution, pollution on a huge scale occurring right now. I'm not surprised you don't care, I sensed your concern was fake from the get go.
Corporate polluting is done on purpose, what happened in WA was not done on purpose. See the difference

Trump is one man, lets remember we still have the idiots in congress to deal with. Congress has allowed other countries to steal our jobs for decades.

Look, congress uses our jobs as currency, they trade our jobs to other countries for favors and kickbacks, or to benefit a donor or special interest group. This corruption has laid waste to entire industries in the USA.

I wish Trump luck but people lets remember, he's fighting the DC establishment a corrupt cesspool.
I am still wondering how we trade jobs to other countries. Obviously you don't know either, but it looks good on paper

That's because you are uninformed. How do you think the US gets China to vote the way we want them to vote in the UN security council...BINGO! This is not a partisan issue, BOTH parties are engaged in trading US jobs like poker chips.
I still don't know how to trade a job. Would you please tell us how it is done?

When China dumps steel on the US market at below their cost to bankrupt US steel companies...and the US government does nothing to stop them, what does that suggest to you? I'm 99.9% sure you are just a troll but some other forum member may actually be interested in discussing an important issue so I'll indulge your faux questions a while longer.

I am still wondering how we trade jobs to other countries. Obviously you don't know either, but it looks good on paper

That's because you are uninformed. How do you think the US gets China to vote the way we want them to vote in the UN security council...BINGO! This is not a partisan issue, BOTH parties are engaged in trading US jobs like poker chips.

When China dumps steel on the US market at below their cost to bankrupt US steel companies...and the US government does nothing to stop them, what does that suggest to you? I'm 99.9% sure you are just a troll but some other forum member may actually be interested in discussing an important issue so I'll indulge your faux questions a while longer.
The question is, does China still dump steel on our markets or are you living in the past

How does another country "steal" our jobs? No, we seek out cheap labor and those places where we can pollute to hearts content

:itsok: if you want to reduce pollution look no further than Dem run cities. Seattle recently spilled over 200 million gallons of putrid untreated human sewage into Puget Sound, they had to close the beaches it was that nasty.
What exactly does a democratic run city have to do with this tragedy, Homer. If everything political to you

You were trying to fake concern over pollution by corporations. I pointed out real pollution, pollution on a huge scale occurring right now. I'm not surprised you don't care, I sensed your concern was fake from the get go.
Corporate polluting is done on purpose, what happened in WA was not done on purpose. See the difference

It was willful negligence, and they had two spills in a single month. The same willful negligence is going on to the south in Dem run Portland, OR. And all over the US in Dem run cities as Dem's refuse to fix their sewage systems, they have for decades, the EPA looks the other way while they pollute public waterways. Portland Dem's chose to spend billions on light rail instead of fixing their 100 year old sewage system.

If a corporation were this willfully negligent you libs would be calling for criminal investigations. Why yes I am rubbing your nose in the rotting festering stench of Dem hypocrisy.

It was willful negligence, and they had two spills in a single month. The same willful negligence is going on to the south in Dem run Portland, OR. And all over the US in Dem run cities as Dem's refuse to fix their sewage systems, they have for decades, the EPA looks the other way while they pollute public waterways. Portland Dem's chose to spend billions on light rail instead of fixing their 100 year old sewage system.

If a corporation were this willfully negligent you libs would be calling for criminal investigations. Why yes I am rubbing your nose in the rotting festering stench of Dem hypocrisy.
It seems like the problem in Seattle had to do with unusually heavy rains. Its that willful negligence?

Trump and his team can't keep his eye off of this issue, if he does, the Democrats will sweep in and take away those who left their party and voted GOP, it's a guarantee. It is by far the #1 reason why he won the election from what I can glean. People want unfair trade deals to be eliminated and jobs to return. After he deals with Mexico and Canada, he needs to work on he China unfair file. This will be heavy lifting, but will be in the best interest of American workers and the future.

This means applying the border tariff to Canada, ripping up NAFTA (which is violated by Canada all the time anyways, as you will read from me). This will ensure American businesses avoid Canada, and, in many cases, move jobs back to America from Canada since any perceived benefit will be gone. Coupled with the tax cuts, this is a powerful antidote.

As someone who considers himself a fiscal conservative and who would never have prescribed to increased tariffs, this has to be done. Globalization requires tweaking, I've stated it before, it has become far too unequal for National economies of liberty loving nations and a massive and unequal drain of jobs from these same countries. Meaning less revenue, a withering middle class and a future that s bleak.

Furthermore, even the globalists need to understand something very important, if America fails, the world leader will be China. Not only will human rights along the world suffer from such a realisation, by osmosis, the watering down of American individualism and rights will be eroded too.

So you want to take out the 2nd LARGEST purchaser of American products MEXICO whom in 2015 purchased 257.3 BILLION in American products?

And you want to take out Canada who purchase 198.2 BILLION American products.

So once you've ripped up NAFTA and created all these jobs in America who do you think is going to buy the stuff that Americans make?

daffy+duck+stupid+people+and+aliens.jpg

Trump has really pissed off Mexico.
One Mexican legislator is calling to boycott American corn, and instead buy in from Brazil. They eat a lot of corn down there. Now what do you suppose this is going to do to American farmers here.
Mexico ready to retaliate by hurting American corn farmers

Oh no!!
Does that mean all their illegal aliens are going to go home now?
If Mexico starts buying corn from South America, we have a whole lot of farmers who will suffer. If Mexico starts adding additional taxes to those of us Americans who own property in mexico, we will have a whole lot of pissed off Americans

If Mexico starts adding additional taxes to those of us Americans who own property in mexico, we will have a whole lot of pissed off Americans

That'll be awful!!

Can we send back all the illegal aliens after Mexico does that?

Trump and his team can't keep his eye off of this issue, if he does, the Democrats will sweep in and take away those who left their party and voted GOP, it's a guarantee. It is by far the #1 reason why he won the election from what I can glean. People want unfair trade deals to be eliminated and jobs to return. After he deals with Mexico and Canada, he needs to work on he China unfair file. This will be heavy lifting, but will be in the best interest of American workers and the future.

This means applying the border tariff to Canada, ripping up NAFTA (which is violated by Canada all the time anyways, as you will read from me). This will ensure American businesses avoid Canada, and, in many cases, move jobs back to America from Canada since any perceived benefit will be gone. Coupled with the tax cuts, this is a powerful antidote.

As someone who considers himself a fiscal conservative and who would never have prescribed to increased tariffs, this has to be done. Globalization requires tweaking, I've stated it before, it has become far too unequal for National economies of liberty loving nations and a massive and unequal drain of jobs from these same countries. Meaning less revenue, a withering middle class and a future that s bleak.

Furthermore, even the globalists need to understand something very important, if America fails, the world leader will be China. Not only will human rights along the world suffer from such a realisation, by osmosis, the watering down of American individualism and rights will be eroded too.

So you want to take out the 2nd LARGEST purchaser of American products MEXICO whom in 2015 purchased 257.3 BILLION in American products?

So once you've ripped up NAFTA and created all these jobs in America who do you think is going to buy the stuff that Americans make?

One Mexican legislator is calling to boycott American corn, and instead buy in from Brazil. They eat a lot of corn down there. Now what do you suppose this is going to do to American farmers here.

Oh no!!
If Mexico starts buying corn from South America, we have a whole lot of farmers who will suffer. If Mexico starts adding additional taxes to those of us Americans who own property in mexico, we will have a whole lot of pissed off Americans

If Mexico starts adding additional taxes to those of us Americans who own property in mexico, we will have a whole lot of pissed off Americans

That'll be awful!!

There are well over 1 million Americans who own property in Mexico and they do vote in the US

The question is, does China still dump steel on our markets or are you living in the past
:itsok::eusa_hand:

...trade deals that hurt Americans.
Yeah, those really are tragic --selling drugs and other addictive products/services that rob good people of their free choice. Unspeakably hurtful.

I'm not sure what we can do about that w/ international trade laws. Like, they already ban that stuff.

We cannot compete, labor wise, with a third world country paying their people a fraction of what is earned in the US. If companies want and need cheap labor, we aren't going to keep them here. Look at our textile indursry, is almost non existant
When did democrats become corporate fascists exactly?

Fake news !

That was an accident as a result of a big storm .

Trump purposely undoes a reg that now allows coal companies to throw their pollution into local
Streams .

Oh no!!

That'll be awful!!

There are well over 1 million Americans who own property in Mexico and they do vote in the US

There are millions of illegal aliens from Mexico in the US. They should go back to Mexico.

Oh no!!

That'll be awful!!

There are millions of illegal aliens from Mexico in the US. They should go back to Mexico.

Yes there are millions of illegals in this country, but what do you think that would do to the U.S. economy if we threw them ALL out. They put about 4 trillion into this economy each and every year. 40% of them own homes in this country. Throw them out, then your property values collapse, and you'll end up paying their mortgages when they go into default. Retailers, restaurants, car dealers and everything else from A to Z will suffer.
Illegal immigrants benefit the U.S. economy

Oh no!!

That'll be awful!!

Yes there are millions of illegals in this country, but what do you think that would do to the U.S. economy if we threw them ALL out. They put about 4 trillion into this economy each and every year. 40% of them own homes in this country. Throw them out, then your property values collapse, and you'll end up paying their mortgages when they go into default. Retailers, restaurants, car dealers and everything else from A to Z will suffer.
Illegal immigrants benefit the U.S. economy

but what do you think that would do to the U.S. economy if we threw them ALL out.

Well, it would save state and local governments a lot of money spent educating illegal alien children, prosecuting and imprisoning illegal alien criminals and treating illegal aliens at our hospitals.

They put about 4 trillion into this economy each and every year.

Ummmm...our GDP last year was $18.56 trillion. Please show the calculations behind your ridiculous claim.

Yessiree, bring on a trade war, and the 21st Century version of 1929.

Is the cost of labor that much cheaper in Canada?
No. Which begs the question, why does Canada have 100's of thousands, possibly millions of U.S jobs?

Our trade deficit with Canada is small. A large portion of Canada's exports to the US are raw materials such as oil, minerals, lumber. You can't move a Canadian lumberjack job to the US.

You can't move a Canadian lumberjack job to the US.

Why not? We moved US lumberjack jobs for the stupid spotted owl.
Bullshit. We move US lumberjack jobs because we over logged in the 80's. Also, many of the jobs in the woods and mills became mechanized, with a machine doing the work of 10 to 30 men.

Is the cost of labor that much cheaper in Canada?
No. Which begs the question, why does Canada have 100's of thousands, possibly millions of U.S jobs?

Our trade deficit with Canada is small. A large portion of Canada's exports to the US are raw materials such as oil, minerals, lumber. You can't move a Canadian lumberjack job to the US.

You can't move a Canadian lumberjack job to the US.

Why not? We moved US lumberjack jobs for the stupid spotted owl.
Bullshit. We move US lumberjack jobs because we over logged in the 80's. Also, many of the jobs in the woods and mills became mechanized, with a machine doing the work of 10 to 30 men.

With at least 10,000 jobs in the Pacific Northwest expected to be lost so as to save some of nation's oldest trees and the owls that live among them, loggers and sawmill workers here are demanding economic compensation from the Federal Government.

10,000 Are Expected to Lose Jobs to Spotted Owl

Oh no!!

If you're to stupid to realize that the second largest purchaser of American Products in the world, believing Mexico can't hurt us--then you're dumber than shit.

Tariffs and taxes have never created a single job in this country, but they're great for job loss's. Price of the products skyrocket in a trade war, meaning more money out of American consumer pockets, while making foreign products, like foreign cars that much more attractive to American consumers.

In fact the Smoot-Hawley tariff of the 1930's during the great depression is responsible for making the depression more severe and last much longer.
Remember Smoot-Hawley: America's last trade war worsened Great Depression

66aeeff66959a10271e0be9fccc28f2c.jpg

If you're to stupid to realize that the second largest purchaser of American Products in the world, believing Mexico can't hurt us--then you're dumber than shit.

If Mexico doesn't realize that we can hurt them.....they're dumber than you!
And they can hurt us. As can Canada, and our many other trading partners. So, we all go on binge of hurt and counter-hurt. Real, real smart. Welcome to 1929 in the 21st Century.

Forum List

Back