RIP Alan Colmes

There are some very sick people on this thread.

A decent man has died. It matters not in the least to me that his opinions beliefs were 180 degrees from mine. He was intelligent, articulate, humorous and a kind person.

To denigrate him is shameful and sick.
Oh relax he's dead he can't hear us.

When he was alive you guys said things that hurt his feelings. Now you want to give him respect?

Always gave Colmes respect, he was intelligent and could make great points and realized there are different views that we should respect people as humans first. I know you wouldn't understand it.

All you rwnj's deny watching fox. Now we know who does watch. Thanks for coming out of the closet. Now I know why you're so fair and balanced. Lol
It's obvious by your typical misinformed posts that you don't watch Fox at all.
At least you are one of the few who defends Fox News. Most deny ever watching it. I don't blame them. People who watch Fox News are really fucking stupid.

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All
And not watching alternatives to MSM in conjunction with MSM makes you less informed than those who do.
Duh.

That is young

Never really liked his work. He was used by the right to represent the "typical liberal" and just was a straight man for Hannity
He had a radio program long before Fox recruited him.
Fox wouldn't dare have the hannity and Rhodes show. She'd eat him for lunch.

Comes insults us liberals with his half hearted approach to dealing with Republicans. Thanks for nothing colmes. You made it seem as if Republicans position is acceptable. You made cons feel like they kicked your pussy ass every night.

You died when you went to work for fox
No left winger can win a logical discussion. Facts and the empirical destroy left wing arguments. They inevitably devolve into disparagement when logic is applied.
By hitting the funny button sealybobo agrees with me, too. An admission of no rebuttal.

I respected Colmes and his intelligence.

Of course you did. That's the problem. When you are a liberal who is "respected" by the right, you aren't doing your job.

So liberals are arrogant unreasoning assholes. I respected Obama, so Obama must not of done his job. I respect intelligent liberals, that is why I have absolutely no respect for you.

Last edited:
That is young

Never really liked his work. He was used by the right to represent the "typical liberal" and just was a straight man for Hannity

Comes insults us liberals with his half hearted approach to dealing with Republicans. Thanks for nothing colmes. You made it seem as if Republicans position is acceptable. You made cons feel like they kicked your pussy ass every night.

No left winger can win a logical discussion. Facts and the empirical destroy left wing arguments. They inevitably devolve into disparagement when logic is applied.
Anyone notice how two lefties made by point by responding to this post with the funny button? And they have no idea what they did.
No just you dumbass

Where is Alan being buried? I want to thank him for improperly representing us liberals

Blame Fox Noise for that. They hired him to basically be a crash test dummy. He hadn't been in politics before -- he was a radio DJ and (some say here) a comedian. They weren't about to hire anybody with chops for that position, since all they were after was the illusion --- remember the old canard "fair and balanced"? He was the puppet of that puppet show.

The illusion is crucial. It gives the viewer a get-out-of-guilt-free card to get them off the hook for sucking up a blatant propaganda outlet. It even convinced the more gullimble among them for a while.

[

So liberals are arrogant unreasoning assholes. I respected Obama, so Obama must not of done his job. I respect intelligent liberals, that is why I have absolutely no respect for you.

Oh, I thought it was because of all those times I spanked you for your irrational logic.

The fact that conservatives are praising Colmes for being Hannity's whipping boy is telling enough.

[Q

Blame Fox Noise for that. They hired him to basically be a crash test dummy. He hadn't been in politics before -- he was a radio DJ and (some say here) a comedian. They weren't about to hire anybody with chops for that position, since all they were after was the illusion --- remember the old canard "fair and balanced"? He was the puppet of that puppet show.

The illusion is crucial. It gives the viewer a get-out-of-guilt-free card to get them off the hook for sucking up a blatant propaganda outlet. It even convinced the more gullimble among them for a while.

Point well taken. When Faux News started out, they were trying to copy CNN's format. CNN had a very good show called "Crossfire", which pitched Pat Buchanan against Michael Kinsley. Intellectually, they were pretty evenly matched.

Faux was looking for a Crossfire where the liberal was about as effective as Pope Formosus at the Cadaver Synod.

tumblr_nogswmiZaT1sw0ur3o1_500.jpg

(Look it up. This stuff totally happened!)

[Q

Point well taken. When Faux News started out, they were trying to copy CNN's format. CNN had a very good show called "Crossfire", which pitched Pat Buchanan against Michael Kinsley. Intellectually, they were pretty evenly matched.

Faux was looking for a Crossfire where the liberal was about as effective as Pope Formosus at the Cadaver Synod.

tumblr_nogswmiZaT1sw0ur3o1_500.jpg

(Look it up. This stuff totally happened!)

Yabbut that's so Dennis Millerish. Me, I use the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters. They give 'em a uniform (camera) so they look like a real basketball team (talking head) but their job (in both cases) is to lose the game.

Yabbut that's so Dennis Millerish. Me, I use the Washington Generals to the Harlem Globetrotters. They give 'em a uniform (camera) so they look like a real basketball team (talking head) but their job (in both cases) is to lose the game.

Dammit, Pogo, I have to get some use out of my History degree! You're just spoiling all my fun!

I did like your Washington Generals Metaphor, though.

Anyone notice how two lefties made by point by responding to this post with the funny button? And they have no idea what they did.
No just you dumbass

Where is Alan being buried? I want to thank him for improperly representing us liberals

Another expert who obviously never watched that program.

No just you dumbass

Well you didn't miss much. Imagine a boxing match where one guy is paid to take a fall; translate that into speech. Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes knew full well which side their bread was buttered on, and they understand what News Theater is. They should, since they invented it.

No just you dumbass

Well you didn't miss much. Imagine a boxing match where one guy is paid to take a fall; translate that into speech. Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes knew full well which side their bread was buttered on, and they understand what News Theater is. They should, since they invented it.
Again, you obviously didn't watch that program which essentially makes your assessment a lie.

[

Oh, I thought it was because of all those times I spanked you for your irrational logic.

The fact that conservatives are praising Colmes for being Hannity's whipping boy is telling enough.

This is about Colmes not you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[

That's what I'm saying.

All this bs about him being one of the good ones. Yea, because he never challenged them. Great post

Of course you did. That's the problem. When you are a liberal who is "respected" by the right, you aren't doing your job.

But you didn't agree with comes once, right?

What do you respect about hillary? I would assume her and colmes agree on most subjects phylisophically. So why don't you tell us what you like about hillary before she's dead.

Then pelosi, than Rachael maddow then Chris Matthews.

I'm assuming you have respect for all of them?

Who don't I have respect for? Rush, hannity, Glen beck, bill O'Reilly

But you didn't agree with comes once, right?

What do you respect about hillary? I would assume her and colmes agree on most subjects phylisophically. So why don't you tell us what you like about hillary before she's dead.

Then pelosi, than Rachael maddow then Chris Matthews.

I'm assuming you have respect for all of them?

Who don't I have respect for? Rush, hannity, Glen beck, bill O'Reilly

I respected Colmes and his intelligence. I don't respect Hillary for the same reason I don't respect Joeyboi, they are both dishonest.

I respected Colmes and his intelligence. I don't respect Hillary for the same reason I don't respect Joeyboi, they are both dishonest.
I liked Colmes. My one criticism of him was I thought he should've been more belligerent and aggressive towards Hannity and the right. There are many right wing talking points that are "off the charts" of reality and deserve an aggressive, non-censored response.

Forum List

Back