Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

Funny how you keep pointing to individuals on the right, while ignoring organized mobs on the left. You're one pathetic individual if you can't see the difference in the mentality in the two circumstances, a single person, versus an organized mob.

Because the "organized mobs" are actually quite rare, almost entirely Antifa, and don't seem to be killing people.

I seriously doubt you see a difference either given how often you use the nutter who shot Scalise as an example.

I think you're confused, I haven't once used that example in this thread. And the violence exhibited by antifa in Charleston did get someone killed. Yeah, they have to share the blame.

Actually no. The white supremacists came armed with implements that could be used as weapons, were instructed on how to use them and fully intended to provoke violence. The blame for the deaths and injuries rests only on the driver and your inability to plave sqarely where it belongs and instead trying to shift it is indicative of the problem. You won't take responsibility for the violence caused by your side yet you demand the left must do so.
so when have i seen you accept responsibility for the lefts violence? so far the deflection is STOP WARNING PEOPLE ABOUT THE VIOLENCE is worse than the violence.
You haven't seen it because you don't look. I have no liking for Antifa, and I have condemned the harrassment campaign targeting Huckabee and others as well as Maxine Water's statements encouraging harassment.

When are you going to condemn your side's violence or will you just blame that too on the left?
guess youve not been looking either. i think all the violence is fucking stupid and have said so since i got here.

Because the "organized mobs" are actually quite rare, almost entirely Antifa, and don't seem to be killing people.

I seriously doubt you see a difference either given how often you use the nutter who shot Scalise as an example.

I think you're confused, I haven't once used that example in this thread. And the violence exhibited by antifa in Charleston did get someone killed. Yeah, they have to share the blame.

Actually no. The white supremacists came armed with implements that could be used as weapons, were instructed on how to use them and fully intended to provoke violence. The blame for the deaths and injuries rests only on the driver and your inability to plave sqarely where it belongs and instead trying to shift it is indicative of the problem. You won't take responsibility for the violence caused by your side yet you demand the left must do so.
so when have i seen you accept responsibility for the lefts violence? so far the deflection is STOP WARNING PEOPLE ABOUT THE VIOLENCE is worse than the violence.
You haven't seen it because you don't look. I have no liking for Antifa, and I have condemned the harrassment campaign targeting Huckabee and others as well as Maxine Water's statements encouraging harassment.

When are you going to condemn your side's violence or will you just blame that too on the left?
guess youve not been looking either. i think all the violence is fucking stupid and have said so since i got here.
Well....perhaps in that one small bit we can agree because I do agree. And it is getting out of control.

Well....perhaps in that one small bit we can agree because I do agree. And it is getting out of control.

There are too many nut jobs on BOTH sides that need to put it in neutral.

Some food for thought here.

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

Yet to date not one “right wing” group herassing a 9/11 widow trying to cross the street, nor a “right wing” psycho shooting up a bunch of senators. Say what you want, it the DNC are toe only people to act on anything so far.
But then again...no leftwing group going into a bar to shoot immigrants...or trying shoot up a pizza place because he believes the pizzagate crap....or ramming his car into a crowd of people.

Explain the difference again?

then why in THE HELL are you going back to how poor obama was treated when he was elected in the middle of this conversation?

i think i'm going to move on cause you're just spinning in circles - anything and any reason to continue to blame the right and their dire WARNINGS as being worse than the calls for violence and "disobedience".
Nope. I made a point that keeps evading you. A lot of what is happening now also happened under Obama (already gave examples), violence such as shootings by the right has happened in the current administration, rude behavior, Trumps calls for violence, but suddenly the right is pumping it up and spreading fear the that the left is a lawless mob.

We have problems coming from both sides here but you refuse to own any of it. You are spinning like a top.

What do you think this hyping and fear mongering will lead to?

Self styled vigilantism like the Pizzagate shooter and the guy who shot the immigrants in a Kansas bar?

Increased authoritarianism from the government suppressing free speech and targeting people for their political views? If preople allow it can happen.

Funny how you keep pointing to individuals on the right, while ignoring organized mobs on the left. You're one pathetic individual if you can't see the difference in the mentality in the two circumstances, a single person, versus an organized mob.

Here's a couple of photos of your peace makers, hack.

antifa1.jpg

A counter-protester stands in McGuffey Park in Charlottesville, Virginia. Opposition groups gathered in the city after hundreds of white nationalists came to Charlottesville to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee from the University of Virginia’s Emancipation Park. (Seth Herald / The Atlantic)

Bloodshed in Charlottesville: A Photo Essay - The Atlantic

antifa3.jpg

Last edited:

Authoritarians historically have gained power by pointing to non-existent violence from their opponents.

In a recent address to right-wing evangelical leaders, President Trump warned that Democrats will resort to brute force if they win the midterm elections. “They will overturn everything we’ve done and they will do it violently,” said Trump, presenting his political opponents as an imminent threat to freedom of religion and speech.

This statement builds on a narrative that has gained power on Fox News and social media. It has been fed by conservative media outlets like Breitbart and organizations like the National Rifle Association, which has also publicly threatened journalists.

But the story that a wave of left-wing terrorism threatens America is wrong. The poster child for this false narrative is antifa, a small, weak organization that protests white supremacist aggression.

The real threat of violence comes from the right. The Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism reports that right-wingers and white supremacists were responsible for 74 percent of the murders committed by political extremists in the United States over the past decade. Only 2 percent were committed by left-wing radicals. Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration policy analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, has calculated that “terrorists inspired by Nationalist and Right Wing ideology have killed about 10 times as many people as Left Wing terrorists since 1992.”

What’s more, white supremacists and their fellow travelers have strong connections to the establishment right and are far more organized than the antifa. They seek to provoke confrontation through armed marches onto college campuses and into the centers of liberal-leaning cities, like the confrontation in Charlottesville last summer.

These narratives about aggressive left-wing violence aren’t just distorted. They are dangerous, because they set the stage for replacing democratic institutions with authoritarian rule. Provoking street violence and blaming it on their opponents is exactly how totalitarian regimes have gained power in the past.

Perspective | Right-wing warnings pose far more danger to America than left-wing violence

You libtards are funny when you're getting your

asses kicked by President Donald J. Trump...…...

Yet to date not one “right wing” group herassing a 9/11 widow trying to cross the street, nor a “right wing” psycho shooting up a bunch of senators. Say what you want, it the DNC are toe only people to act on anything so far.
But then again...no leftwing group going into a bar to shoot immigrants...or trying shoot up a pizza place because he believes the pizzagate crap....or ramming his car into a crowd of people.

Explain the difference again?

Not illegals, it those gay folks in Florida. To date the only party to perpetrate violence of any kind has been the DNC. So the difference is, old people with “don’t tread on me” flags (Republicans) and black clad rich white kids beating old woman with American flags and shooting congressmen (democrats). Meh, no difference I guess.

Sure...and rein in your president and the white suoremacists while your at it please.
This entire narrative about President Trump and the “white supremacists” is just off of the sanity rails. Trump has absolutely no affiliation with them and they are no more prevalent today than they were under Bush or Obama.

Antifa is assaulting people daily, progressives are rioting and destroying property, and we’re routinely told by the left that somehow “white supremacists” are the problem.

Like all that "non-existent violence" that has happened at the inauguration and several times in Berkeley?

Or that "non-existent" bicycle lock that a lunatic college prof was clobbering people with?

Or all that "nonexistent" pepper spray that antifa goons have been spraying on innocent onlookers?

This shit is ridiculous, even by WaPo's already low standards.
Don't forget about the nonexistent mass murder attempt of Republican lawmakers.

Coyote explains things. And then again. And again. And, with angelic patience, again.

And then comes a demonstration as to why the Trumpy (in his own words) loves - loves! - the uneducated. He's wrong on that, too, as he really loves the ineducable.

Amazing.

There are too many nut jobs on BOTH sides that need to put it in neutral.
:clap2:

Okay, I am still quibbling with this line of argument of yours, mostly because I think it fails to make at least one important distinction, maybe two.

No one on the left, of any import whatsoever, is egging on Antifa, openly or veiled. No one expresses sympathy for their tactics. No one I have seen, who would speak with some authority on Antifa's ideological affiliation, would want anything to do with Democrats or liberals.

On the other side, we have the likes of Steve Bannon, Miller, and the Trumpy, engaging in rhetoric that closely resembles rhetoric on the far right, the alt-right, and White supremacists, and we have outright Nazis, KKK (Duke) endorsing the Trumpy. So, there's an easily detectable affiliation and ideological proximity.

Moreover, Maxine Waters called upon folks, in the name of decency and humanity, to confront cabinet members over the gratuitous brutality inflicted on the children of refugees. She abstained from, and rejected, calls to violence. Most importantly, she abstained from depicting the cabinet members she thought needed confronting in apocalyptic, dehumanizing, demonizing terms designed to lessen the inhibitions against violence against them. Her call for confrontation isn't problematic because they were designed to cause violence, but because in the heated atmosphere things could get out of hand. The distinction isn't easy to see, but it is salient, particularly compared to the Trumpy's apocalyptic, demonizing rhetoric, and open praise for violence ("enemies of the people", "rapists", "body-slam" etc. etc. etc.).

Finally, I think you should take the article quoted in your OP more seriously. There is, as you won't tire to point out, violence on both sides, even though deadly violence originates mostly on the right. That is dangerous, and needs to be condemned. The real danger is, however, the use of that violence, and the warnings against it, to undermine democratic procedures and the rule of law, and I see none of that on the left.

Y
Sure...and rein in your president and the white suoremacists while your at it please.
This entire narrative about President Trump and the “white supremacists” is just off of the sanity rails. Trump has absolutely no affiliation with them and they are no more prevalent today than they were under Bush or Obama.

Antifa is assaulting people daily, progressives are rioting and destroying property, and we’re routinely told by the left that somehow “white supremacists” are the problem.
You are routinely told that Antifa is assaulting people daily and progressives are rioting and destroying property.

Nope. I made a point that keeps evading you. A lot of what is happening now also happened under Obama (already gave examples), violence such as shootings by the right has happened in the current administration, rude behavior, Trumps calls for violence, but suddenly the right is pumping it up and spreading fear the that the left is a lawless mob.

We have problems coming from both sides here but you refuse to own any of it. You are spinning like a top.

What do you think this hyping and fear mongering will lead to?

Self styled vigilantism like the Pizzagate shooter and the guy who shot the immigrants in a Kansas bar?

Increased authoritarianism from the government suppressing free speech and targeting people for their political views? If preople allow it can happen.

Here's a couple of photos of your peace makers, hack.

View attachment 224597
A counter-protester stands in McGuffey Park in Charlottesville, Virginia. Opposition groups gathered in the city after hundreds of white nationalists came to Charlottesville to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee from the University of Virginia’s Emancipation Park. (Seth Herald / The Atlantic)

Bloodshed in Charlottesville: A Photo Essay - The Atlantic

View attachment 224598

Yet they didn't ram a car into a group of people killing one and badly injuring others did they? How long will you keep excusing your side?

How about some firm denunciations for a change?

`
A well sourced and factually documented post. It's a shame none of the extreme right will actually read the links and offer intelligent rebuttal.
I did. And I have. It’s the left that is behind all of the violent rhetoric...

Arizona newspaper blasted for cartoon showing Dem Sinema shooting down GOP ‘McSally’ plane
Remember Palin targeting Dems in gun crosshairs? Ya...you guys too.

upload_2018-10-25_12-57-48.jpeg

and all about BLM and a whining rancher ..... RW caustic politics rule the party.

bundy-ranch-fbi-standoff-documentary-03-1494874662.jpg

You picked a bad day to post this load of crap. https://www.foxnews.com\

/politics/new-york-times-under-fire-for-fantasy-about-secret-service-helping-russian-assassin-gun-down-trump

Somehow white supremacists are the problem, I wonder why?

Forum List

Back