Right Wing Double Standard

Here is something I posted in another area.

Funny, I have relatives that think that I am a drain on Society when I collect Mil Retirement and SS. And they think it's different when they cash in on SS. I had a shock when I added up my SS and 1099R from last year it it equaled more than 30K. As you say, both are either paid for or earned. But you will find that there is quite a large difference of opinion by the extreme right (teabirchers). While I used to live on peanuts, I now make more than most and it doesn't set too well with the teabirchers. Where were they when I lived on Peanuts. While I lived on those peanuts I planned ahead for this retirement. I have a brotherinlaw that is extreme right that is still a Realtor in the DC area. At one time, he made big bucks. Today, that business has trimmed down. Counting what his Wife gets for SS, His SS and what the Real estate business is doing, I make a bit more than he does. When I talk with them, the venom of "Liberal" is on their lips and they think I am a liberal and believe that they should be doing better than I am because they are a conservative and I am something else.

ME is right. We see this double standard all the time. I earned my retirements by working hard all my life, both, in and out of the Military. The only thing that all this does is to make people like me shun the Teabirchers more every day.

Sir, may I ask who? You deserve eveything you get, you earned if, I am a con also

No names. But it's a double standard. It's not that I get that money, it's the fact I take home more than the average right wing and certainly more than the average left wing. What they didn't see was the 2 1/2 years I spent damaged unable to find any work I can do one handed. When I turned 62, I jumped at the SS wagon. It paid more than I could make on most of the BS jobs that were available. At about the same time, my arm healed so I could work. Yes, I was originally hurt on the job. The companies idea of what is right, keep putting me on the very job I got hurt on and kept getting hurt on. Then when the Doctor tells them they can't do it (according to company policy), they drastically cut my hours down to almost nothing. Made a very interesting 2 1/2 years. But all is good these days and if I do find something that trips my trigger, I can make up to 15,300 without affecting the SS. Believe it or not, a 10 buck an hour job won't even pay that much. But I did get a close and up close look at how Corporate Business takes care of it's workers.

I'm conservative. Thank you for your service, and congratulations on having money for retirement.

A Garbage Collector serves, a Waitress serves. I didn't serve. I was in the Military. Change that to "Thank you for your time in the Military" and it makes much more sense.
Now I can call you a liar.

When you are in the military, you serve your country. If you did not serve, you were not part of it. Words have meaning. I'll thank you when you show Me a DD214. Not until then.

I'm conservative. Thank you for your service, and congratulations on having money for retirement.

A Garbage Collector serves, a Waitress serves. I didn't serve. I was in the Military. Change that to "Thank you for your time in the Military" and it makes much more sense.

When you are in the military, you serve your country. If you did not serve, you were not part of it. Words have meaning. I'll thank you when you show Me a DD214. Not until then.

I didn't serve you and never will. I protected your sorry ass. And I, like all my bretheren, protected your constitutional right to make a complete ass of yourself. The next time you are in a Resturaunt, I suggest you say to your waitress, "Thank you for serving". I know She will appreciate it. But you keep working so I can spend all that money for my TIME in the Military which I didn't serve you.

I didn't serve you and never will. I protected your sorry ass. And I, like all my bretheren, protected your constitutional right to make a complete ass of yourself. The next time you are in a Resturaunt, I suggest you say to your waitress, "Thank you for serving". I know She will appreciate it. But you keep working so I can spend all that money for my TIME in the Military which I didn't serve you.
I HAVE served you moron. The point went over your head as I knew it would.

You DID NOT SERVE. Debate closed.

Thank you for your service.

Thank you for your service.
Thank you.

this asshatted internet badass was never in the Service

if he was, he would know that that is what's it's called

He's just another "I used to be a ___________, now I hate them cuz......"

just like joeb, rdean, a fake from the jump

I can't speak for anyone else, but you never protected my "sorry ass".

and no one I ever heard of begrudged an earned benefit

Anyone know what the Op is gripping about? they're all over the place

sheesh:eusa_doh:

Funny, I have relatives that think that I am a drain on Society when I collect Mil Retirement and SS. And they think it's different when they cash in on SS. I had a shock when I added up my SS and 1099R from last year it it equaled more than 30K. As you say, both are either paid for or earned. But you will find that there is quite a large difference of opinion by the extreme right (teabirchers). While I used to live on peanuts, I now make more than most and it doesn't set too well with the teabirchers. Where were they when I lived on Peanuts. While I lived on those peanuts I planned ahead for this retirement. I have a brotherinlaw that is extreme right that is still a Realtor in the DC area. At one time, he made big bucks. Today, that business has trimmed down. Counting what his Wife gets for SS, His SS and what the Real estate business is doing, I make a bit more than he does. When I talk with them, the venom of "Liberal" is on their lips and they think I am a liberal and believe that they should be doing better than I am because they are a conservative and I am something else.

ME is right. We see this double standard all the time. I earned my retirements by working hard all my life, both, in and out of the Military. The only thing that all this does is to make people like me shun the Teabirchers more every day.

Sir, may I ask who? You deserve eveything you get, you earned if, I am a con also

No names. But it's a double standard. It's not that I get that money, it's the fact I take home more than the average right wing and certainly more than the average left wing. What they didn't see was the 2 1/2 years I spent damaged unable to find any work I can do one handed. When I turned 62, I jumped at the SS wagon. It paid more than I could make on most of the BS jobs that were available. At about the same time, my arm healed so I could work. Yes, I was originally hurt on the job. The companies idea of what is right, keep putting me on the very job I got hurt on and kept getting hurt on. Then when the Doctor tells them they can't do it (according to company policy), they drastically cut my hours down to almost nothing. Made a very interesting 2 1/2 years. But all is good these days and if I do find something that trips my trigger, I can make up to 15,300 without affecting the SS. Believe it or not, a 10 buck an hour job won't even pay that much. But I did get a close and up close look at how Corporate Business takes care of it's workers.

You sound like my dad, he moved down here 1st lives on the rich lake, I live on the poor lake down here lmao. I still dont get who says this because I sure wouldn't, the only Difference between you,my dad and I will never Retire. I Couldn't because I see how bored he is, he has a full machine shop in his garage and all , takes his 4 or 5 vacations a year, but I sense something missing and I know what it is.

Last edited:

Just keep sending that money each month and you can continue to be that sanctimonious ass you are.

You sound like my dad, he moved down here 1st lives on the rich lake, I live on the poor lake down here lmao. I still dont get who says this because I sure wouldn't, the only Difference between you,my dad and I will never Retire. I Couldn't because I see how bored he is, he has a full machine shop in his garage and all , takes his 4 or 5 vacations a year, but I sense something missing and I know what it is.

We never retire in our minds. Our bodies sometimes decide it for us. You will retire just like everyone else if you should live so long.

Forum List

Back