Right To Work...

As the 1% reap their rewards, and the stock market goes up, nobody ever posts the decline in the median wage under Obama.

Only idiots believe that it only just started under Obama, and everything was fine and hunky-dory until then.

As the 1% reap their rewards, and the stock market goes up, nobody ever posts the decline in the median wage under Obama.

Only idiots believe that it only just started under Obama, and everything was fine and hunky-dory until then.
Who said catering to the 1% started under Obama?

That said, thank God for the 1%.

If they go on strike, almost nobody will have jobs.

"Union" is nothing more than a code word for extortion. What they do is illegal and they should be banned.

11071768_916095415109654_7723899549414032526_n.png

The market will decide what a fair wage is, not some gangster in a pin striped suit who uses threats and coercion and other strong arm tactics to extort money from businesses, forcing prices higher for the consumer. Most union employees don't deserve half of what they make.

You didn't have to tell us you hate Americans, we already knew.

It makes perfect sense-----perfect sense for the Corpratacracy to take away workers protection to get a day of rest (even God had to rest). Right To Work laws could lower family income by over $5K/yr FORCING workers to accept no rest this week, then no rest next week, then no rest the week after that, then no rest... -- and that just to keep from drowning in debt.

Walker would have a case to make to GOP voters if these policies yielded higher job growth. They haven't. Bloomberg economic analyst Christopher Flavelle wrote recently that as measured by improvement in "the living standards of the people he represents... Walker's tenure falls somewhere between lackluster and a failure." ~ Michael Hiltzik​

Could Wisconsin's Scott Walker now abolish the weekend?
Michael Hiltzik
March 20, 2015

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, a leading aspirant for the Republican nomination for president, made his state the 25th "right-to-work" state in the nation on March 9 when he signed a measure passed by the Republican-controlled legislature.

He may soon get another crack at a worker-unfriendly law: Legislators have introduced a bill to abolish employees' legal right to at least one day off per week.

State law currently allows factory or retail employees to work seven days or more in a row for a limited period, but they and their employer have to jointly petition the Department of Workforce Development for a waiver. These petitions apparently number a couple of hundred a year. The new proposal would allow workers to "voluntarily choose" to work without a day of rest. The state agency wouldn't have a say.

It can't be a secret what "voluntarily" really means in this context.
As Marquette University law professor Paul Secunda told the Nation, the measure "completely ignores the power dynamic in the workplace, where workers often have a proverbial gun to the head." Workers will know that if the boss demands it, they'll be volunteering or else.

<snip>

Since Walker took office, Wisconsin's economic performance has ranked a dismal 35th in Bloomberg's economic index of states. Private sector job growth lags behind such neighboring states as Minnesota and Michigan -- not to mention California, where labor and fiscal policies are at the opposite pole from Walker's. Bloomberg's index of share values for Wisconsin-based public companies shows they lag well behind Iowa, Minnesota and the median state. (See accompanying graphics package for details.)

This week brought another dose of bad news for Walker: his state fell to 38th in the nation in job growth for the year ended Sept. 30, 2014, at 1.16%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. (For comparison, California ranked seventh, at 3.1%.)

Wisconsin's budget situation is dire, with state tax revenue increasing at a fraction of the rate of the median state--4% vs. 20%--in 2011-14. In February, the state announced it would delay a scheduled $108-million principal payment on its debt. Under Walker, Wisconsinites seem to be facing a double-whammy--lousy performance at the state level, and a continuing assault on their household income.

Myths And Facts About "Right-To-Work" Laws

Are workers in states without right-to-work laws forced to join unions?

Do right-to-work laws lead to higher wages and benefits?

Will right-to-work laws lead to lower unemployment in states that adopt them?

Do right-to-work laws protect workers from supporting political activities they disagree with?

One again, right-wingers have no clue about labor unions. They would rather believe what their media masters tell them rather than simply accept any fact that goes contrary to their ignorant beliefs. How's this chart for stark reality, right-wing loons? You're cutting the throat of American workers, and your own as well. I guess that's considered patriotic? You're all pathetic traitors to your fellow Americans.
this is coming from a poster who don't have a pot to Piss in who don't know shit about the South, the two posters above you and I know, we left your hell North for great jobs, great scenery, great homes at a fraction of a cost of your over Taxed over priced hell holes

The only problem with the South is all the fuckin' Yankees moving here for jobs and the climate.

Ain't that the truth. Then they all whine about how much better it is up north.:cuckoo:
But they'll never give you a straight answer when you ask them why they're here if it sucks so bad.

If you truly value Freedom & Liberty, you have to support 'Right to Work.' Everyone should have the right to decide whether or not they want to join a Union. They should be able to exercise that right without the fear of retaliation. No one should be forced to join a Union. All States should be 'Right to Work' States. Period, end of story.

If you truly value Freedom & Liberty, you have to support 'Right to Work.' Everyone should have the right to decide whether or not they want to join a Union. They should be able to exercise that right without the fear of retaliation. No one should be forced to join a Union. All States should be 'Right to Work' States. Period, end of story.

And they will be eventually.

What does "RIGHT TO WORK" mean... what a stupid name. Right to work is a clever way of chiseling away at the rights of workers. This is an anti worker nation. But there is the right to work for lower wages.

Right to work for less is what it means.

The nutters are throwing away everything their parents and grand parents worked for. They won't be happy until they do away with minimum wage and doom their own children and grand children to poverty.

Funny that they don't ever seem to examine what their efforts on behalf of the 1% will do to wages and stand of living.

Please tell us again why anyone should be forced to join a club to get a job?

If you value your corporate masters over your fellow workers and Americans, you deserve no freedom or liberty, because you are a traitor. Welcome to the race to the bottom, sponsored by the ignorance of the right-wing.

If you value your corporate masters over your fellow workers and Americans, you deserve no freedom or liberty, because you are a traitor. Welcome to the race to the bottom, sponsored by the ignorance of the right-wing.

So how is it I was able to retire at 46 in a right to work state?
That should be impossible according to you.

Obama made it 10x worse then it has been since Jerry Ford that i have been paying attention,

This fuck head of a president is showing his true colors...

The asshat is trying to throw Israel under the buss because the little bitch Couldn't get a Palestine state , Obama divided them political divide like I never seen

Bring us Hilary, make The US function again

What does "RIGHT TO WORK" mean... what a stupid name. Right to work is a clever way of chiseling away at the rights of workers. This is an anti worker nation. But there is the right to work for lower wages.

It means you have the right to work without being forced into a third party contract, ie. a union.

Well, that's just nonsensical gibberish. Everyone should have the right to decide. If Unions truly are so great, they shouldn't have to force anyone to join. Simple as that.

"Union" is nothing more than a code word for extortion. What they do is illegal and they should be banned.

11071768_916095415109654_7723899549414032526_n.png

Interesting. I have all of those things, better than most unions provide, I would wager, and I belong to no union. But hey, if that's what you want, GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

I'm actually shocked so many support forcing others to join Unions. It's very Un-American. All States should be 'Right to Work' States. If Unions truly are so great, they shouldn't have to force people to join. People will do it willingly. But they should have the right to decide.

Yea, no kidding when I feel like going to church down here I give from my heart, no one Is forcing me to give "alive" why should I be forced to give at work?

I'm actually shocked so many support forcing others to join Unions. It's very Un-American. All States should be 'Right to Work' States. If Unions truly are so great, they shouldn't have to force people to join. People will do it willingly. But they should have the right to decide.
Of course women should have the right to choose, we should have the right to own a gun, we should have the right to work.

One again, right-wingers have no clue about labor unions. They would rather believe what their media masters tell them rather than simply accept any fact that goes contrary to their ignorant beliefs. How's this chart for stark reality, right-wing loons? You're cutting the throat of American workers, and your own as well. I guess that's considered patriotic? You're all pathetic traitors to your fellow Americans.

unionincome.jpg

shut up. You don't come on here telling us what we know and don't know.]

I'm 60 years old, worked at both Union and non Union. I dare you to tell the people here they are Un-patriotic to their face....so you need to learn some manners but you are a typical liberal

Last edited:
I'm actually shocked so many support forcing others to join Unions.

Why? Most people who support compulsory unionism are on the left and the only way leftists get half of what they want is by forcing people into it. Those people don't believe in individual choice.

Forum List

Back