Rick Scott's police state

If you're talking about the RNC that's going to be held in Florida for the next set of elections-they absolutely should not deny anybody entrance (as long as they have tickets-not sure if you need them or not), or deny people the right to gather outside of the convention.

They don't give tickets to Democrats, nitwit.

The "ceremony" was advertised as open to the public. Even if it were a private affair, Scott does not own the land and has no business preventing residents from attending. He has no business instructing the police to remove people from his presence.

He leased the space from the people who do own it, so he does have that right.

Do you know anything at all about property law?

Last edited:
If you're talking about the RNC that's going to be held in Florida for the next set of elections-they absolutely should not deny anybody entrance (as long as they have tickets-not sure if you need them or not), or deny people the right to gather outside of the convention.

Clearly said wasn't sure how they give out tickets, or even if they had some. But theoretically Democrats could get some from someone who was given them.

Be that as it may-do you think they should disallow anybody from going to the event-inside or outside, based upon their political views. Simple question.

Clearly said wasn't sure how they give out tickets, or even if they had some. But theoretically Democrats could get some from someone who was given them.

Be that as it may-do you think they should disallow anybody from going to the event-inside or outside, based upon their political views. Simple question.

Yes, I do. Only loyal Republicans should be admitted.

The only reason Democrats would want to enter is to make trouble.

So you think a taxpayer, based upon their personal views, shouldn't be allowed entrance into the arena? Just trying to clarify. Because the taxpayers paid for the building to be built.

How is that NOT an example of big government?

What about outside the event? Should they not be allowed there as well?

And his taxpayer paid for robocall really pissed off Republican officials because he basically blamed them for cutting funding to schools when in reality HE did.

:rofl:

Rick Scott used public money to make a campaign robocall.

Like I said, the guy is a toad.

I've heard on more than a few occasions that the Republican legislature doesn't think highly of him. Don't know if it's true or not.
Same here. I do believe that even Florida Republicans find him too off-the-wall.

That's what I've heard.

Uh, yes they do. They would like to convince Dems to vote for them. Apparently Republicans aren't as fucking retarded as you make them out to be.

:lol:

The "ceremony" was advertised as open to the public. Even if it were a private affair, Scott does not own the land and has no business preventing residents from attending. He has no business instructing the police to remove people from his presence.

As a matter of fact, yes. The property owners are the only ones that can determine who is allowed on their property.

And people that live there certainly are.

I'm happy to see that you've come out as a big government toady, though.

He did no such thing.

This story grows wilder and more inaccurate every time I see it posted.

The asshole should be in Leavenworth, not the governor's mansion. Just shows what 'Conservatives' admire in people.

However, federal investigators found that Scott took part in business practices at Columbia/HCA that were later found to be illegal -- specifically, that Scott and other executives offered financial incentives to doctors in exchange for patient referrals, in violation of federal law, according to lawsuits the Justice Department filed against the company in 2001.

The doctor payments were among 10 different kinds of fraud identified by the Justice Department in its 10-year probe of the company, records show. Three years after Scott left Columbia/HCA, the company admitted wrongdoing, pleading guilty to 14 felonies -- most committed during Scott's tenure -- in addition to paying two sets of fines totaling $1.7 billion.

Read more: Rick Scott and his role in Columbia/HCA scandal - Political Currents - MiamiHerald.com

That's a very valid point. Unfortunately the choice for governor last year was a right of center swindling con artist and a left of center financial moron. Alex Sink's record as CFO is dismal.

Bullshit. Back up your lies or shut the fuck up.

As a matter of fact, yes. The property owners are the only ones that can determine who is allowed on their property.

that depends on the terms of their contracts. Often places like that rent out common spaces and the residents aren't allowed to use the leased space while the leasee is using the space. The Republican Party couldn't have leased the space if such a clause wasn't in force.

You're wrong, once again.

We all know that you and the other commies in here are the big government toadies.

The jist of your whine about Rick Scott is that he cut all the government programs you're so fond of.

Who do you think you're fooling?

Uh, yes they do. They would like to convince Dems to vote for them. Apparently Republicans aren't as fucking retarded as you make them out to be.

:lol:

Wrong. How would giving a handful of Democrat moles tickets help a Republican win Democrat votes?

I don't make Republicans out to be retarded. I point out that Democrats are retarded. You're posts are some of the best evidence.

So you think a taxpayer, based upon their personal views, shouldn't be allowed entrance into the arena? Just trying to clarify. Because the taxpayers paid for the building to be built.

Wrong. The taxpayers didn't pay for diddly squat.

How is that NOT an example of big government?

I fail to see how it has anything whatsoever to do with big government. Big government is when the Republican Party rents a private space for the governor to give a speech? The "logic" of this claim is beyond my comprehension.

What about outside the event? Should they not be allowed there as well?

They are allowed to go wherever their contracts with The Villages say they are allowed to go.

"Outside the event is an awful big place.

…or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Only the ruling class should be admitted; others not allowed based on an assumption of guilt.

It’s tempting to pick up the broad brush on this, how representative is this nitwit of conservatives…

that depends on the terms of their contracts. Often places like that rent out common spaces and the residents aren't allowed to use the leased space while the leasee is using the space. The Republican Party couldn't have leased the space if such a clause wasn't in force.

You're wrong, once again.

We all know that you and the other commies in here are the big government toadies.

The jist of your whine about Rick Scott is that he cut all the government programs you're so fond of.

Who do you think you're fooling?
LOL! You can dress up that pig all you want, but you are still supporting big government, as is Toad Scott.

:thup:

That's a very valid point. Unfortunately the choice for governor last year was a right of center swindling con artist and a left of center financial moron. Alex Sink's record as CFO is dismal.

I saw McCollum and Sink operate up close. I used to dislike McCollum back in the 90s but I did a complete 180 and wanted him as governor, including over Sink. But why was Sink's record as CFO dismal?

You're so much more polite than I am when faced with bald-faced lies, Toro. :)

…or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Only the ruling class should be admitted; others not allowed based on an assumption of guilt.

It’s tempting to pick up the broad brush on this, how representative is this nitwit of conservatives…

Now you're claiming this is a First Amendment violation?

Liberals are to stupid to work their own lungs.

I saw McCollum and Sink operate up close. I used to dislike McCollum back in the 90s but I did a complete 180 and wanted him as governor, including over Sink. But why was Sink's record as CFO dismal?

She was completely incompetent in preventing the graft and corruption. She oversaw the massive mismanagement of the state pension system. She ran for CFO on a pro-business platform and didn't deliver anything but anti-business policies. She wasn't even a competent watchdog, blinded (perhaps willfully so) by her own bias that government employees are trustworthy.
How about giving us specifics, backed up by factual links? And remember that Republicans were in charge of the whole of Florida government throughout her tenure.

So, what Republican corruption did she failed to correct, exactly?

Forum List

Back