Rick Perry Bidding for White House

Heh heh. Aren't you the one claiming Perry did all these great things for Texas? Why aren't you providing any links proving that?

You didn't ask for one...in fact you said I was correct, meaning you didn't need one.

If you need a link, ask like I did and I'll be happy to provide one.

From Politifact:

Gov. Rick Perry says Texas has created more than 850,000 jobs, more than the other states combined

rulings%2Ftom-true.gif

PolitiFact Texas | Gov. Rick Perry says Texas has created more than 850,000 jobs, more than the other states combined

Should I assume there is no link to back up your claim?

The retail gasoline market is based in Texas; lets hear his plans for areas that don't have refineries....chirp chirp chirp.

I do not know where y'all claiming Texas is top in budget balance reside. I live in Texas and know that by start of 2011, Texas was choking financial (though most GOP would not admit fact), so much so that:

1). Texas schools had to stop food programs for needy children;

2). Rick Perry who had turned down Fed stimulus money would sue Fed for refusal to help Texas and had to run begging for funds from the Fed;

3). Statewide low-end employees were required to work less hours;

4). Statewide facilities such as libraries and parks had to lessen hours or shut down. And if it had not been for Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, several Houston parks and centers that provide option for Houston children would have been shut down this Summer.

For months, Texas legislature convened to address financial crisis (all while most GOP were in denial) and the best suggestion for addressing Texas financial crisis came from Texas democrat Kirk Watson.

Texas GOP Allege Budget Crisis Untrue - GOP leaders deny Texas budget in real trouble | Politics | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Severity of Texas Budget Crisis - Lawmakers face severity of Texas budget crisis | Bryan/College Station, Texas - The Eagle

So, why is (and was) no one talking about the financial crisis in Texas? Because Texas has always been touted as model for economic growth and touching the comfort zone would deflate the balloon, and we surely have to keep up appearance. (Sigh)

I guess it is simply the tradition of some folks to live in denial. Facts however remain that if it were not for constant Fed aid and cheap labor by the undocumented, Texas would have drowned long ago.

Last edited:
I do not know where y'all claiming Texas is top in budget balance reside. I live in Texas and know that by start of 2011, Texas was choking financial (though most GOP would not admit fact), so much so that:

2). Rick Perry who had turned down Fed stimulus money would sue Fed for refusal to help Texas and had to run begging for funds from the Fed;

4). Statewide facilities such as libraries and parks had to lessen hours or shut down. And if it had not been for Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, several Houston parks and centers that provide option for Houston children would have been shut down this Summer.

For months, Texas legislature convened to address financial crisis (all while most GOP were in denial) and the best suggestion for addressing Texas financial crisis came from Texas democrat Kirk Watson.

Texas GOP Allege Budget Crisis Untrue - GOP leaders deny Texas budget in real trouble | Politics | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Severity of Texas Budget Crisis - Lawmakers face severity of Texas budget crisis | Bryan/College Station, Texas - The Eagle

So, why is (and was) no one talking about the financial crisis in Texas? Because Texas has always been touted as model for economic growth and touching the comfort zone would deflate the balloon, and we surely have to keep up appearance. (Sigh)

I guess it is simply the tradition of some folks to live in denial. Facts however remain that if it were not for constant Fed aid and cheap labor by the undocumented, Texas would have drowned long ago.

I saw where many clinics in Houston are open 2 days a week now. Yeah; some miracle.

You would think a governor that has "created more than 850,00 jobs, more than other States combined" (so declares some, though all jobs by Rick Perry were minimum waged and mostly went to the undocumented) would proudly announce his official run for the White house from his glorious State.

Why did Texas Rick Perry, the GOP celebrated governor of Texas, decide to make his official announcement for the 2012 presidential election in South Carolina, not his Texas?

A surprising number of Americans now support gay marriage. If Perry is conceived to picking on gays or too wrapped up in the social conservative movement, he will pay a price in pivotal states like Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida

We will have to see the shape of the economy in 15 months. It is not clear who will take the blame....Obama, Republicans or the Tea Party

A lot will depend on who is perceived as doing the most to fix things over the next 15 months

Actually, the vast majority still oppose it. If was a winning issue, you'd all put it on the ballot in those states, and guess what, you don't. 39 states have voted to define marriage as one man and one woman.

Me, I think we should legalize it. Why should just the straights have to suffer?

The economy is still going to be shit in the next 15 months. And it won't matter if Obamsky has "tried" to make it better. Either he'll have accomplishments or he won't. And he won't.

You see, Obama's problem isn't who people see as most caring, it's who they see as most effective. Obama isn't effective. The Republicans have proven they can roll him. So has Khadafy, for that matter.

I saw where many clinics in Houston are open 2 days a week now. Yeah; some miracle.

I'm not seeing the problem here. Most people are pretty sick of welfare types who feel the need to live off the rest of us.

You would think a governor that has "created more than 850,00 jobs, more than other States combined" (so declares some, though all jobs by Rick Perry were minimum waged and mostly went to the undocumented) would proudly announce his official run for the White house from his glorious State.

Why did Texas Rick Perry, the GOP celebrated governor of Texas, decide to make his official announcement for the 2012 presidential election in South Carolina, not his Texas?

South Carolina is a key primary state. None of these guys announce in the home states.

South Carolina is a key primary state. None of these guys announce in the home states.

Don't know about that, JoeB131. But if I were governor of the "model economic capital" that has allegedly "created more jobs than other States combined," I sure would be announcing my candidacy for the White House in the midst of my pleased folks. By the way, senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas is not backing Perry. Hutchison says:

“He (Rick Perry) certainly has got government experience,” Hutchison said, “we need people who have been in the private sector, as well.”

Don't know about that, JoeB131. But if I were governor of the "model economic capital" that has allegedly "created more jobs than other States combined," I sure would be announcing my candidacy for the White House in the midst of my pleased folks. By the way, senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas is not backing Perry. Hutchison says:

“He (Rick Perry) certainly has got government experience,” Hutchison said, “we need people who have been in the private sector, as well.”

Hutchison is just mad because he ended her career. She thought she could steal the governorship from him, and he beat her like a drum. He'll do the same to Romney and Obama.

Perry may not be able to win Iowa because Bachman is from there, and New Hampshire is full of liberals who keep foisting RINO's on us. So South Carolina is an ideal place for a real conservative to stake out his position.

Times are tough for everyone. Sometimes keeping within your budget is painful.

Course you knew that......didn't you????

Last edited:
It's amazing that Texas hasn't suffered more.

Obama made sure that nobody but a selected few could drill off the coast of Texas.

Maybe one or two applicants for drilling are granted permits and none of them have been allowed to produce oil from those wells.

Hundreds of thousands of jobs have left Texas shores thanks to Obama and still the state is doing better then most states.

Not only did the oil jobs leave but so did the money the oil brought to the state.

Who gives a fuck. He's supposed to be President of the United States, not President of Texas.

If you want a President that only represents his special interest groups then vote for Obama.

Reading up on Rick Perry - I like him, and I like what he's accomplished.

He's never lost an election either.

He's either extremely lucky or God is on his side.

The Tea Party isn't about religion and most Tea Party people are not Religion nuts. The Tea Party is about economics.

That's a good point and one I'm hoping is still the case. Someone like Perry or Bachman is more likely to split the Tea Party than win them over. Which would be a good thing in the long run. Libertarians need to finally realize that modern conservatives do not stand for real freedom.

Forum List

Back