Rice tells Cain to stop playing the race card

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Herman Cain should not be playing the race card in an interview aired after the former pizza executive said he is being attacked by liberals for his race but not by conservatives.

"I actually am someone who-- doesn't believe in playing the race card on either side. I've seen it played, by the way, on the other side quite a lot too. And it's not good for the country," Rice told CBS' Norah O'Donnell in an interview that aired on CBS' "The Early Show" on Wednesday.

Asked on Tuesday if race had anything to do with the allegation of sexual harassment more than a decade ago, Cain told Fox News analyst Charles Krauthammer "I believe the answer is yes, but we do not have any evidence to support it."

Condoleezza Rice to Cain: Don't play the race card - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Rice is correct.
And I see you agree with Rice as well.
So how do you feel about it when it is used by the other side? The same way?
Or do you believe it is not used by the other side?

Rice is correct.
It's used by everyone.

Cain has made it into an art form.

Rice is correct.
It's used by everyone.

It was made into an art form years before Cain hit the national scene.

But I do like it when one calls it out on a member of their own party.

To me, THAT is a major breakthrough.

race-card+Jesse+Jackson.jpg

Rice is correct.
It's used by everyone.

Wait.

What?

Exactly how is claiming that Cain made it into an art form, and excusing it by saying it's 'used by everyone' calling out her own party?

What Ravi did was justify it, not condemn it.

Personally, I think Obama made it into an art form. Hell, he won an election by lying about it.

Cain really should stop talking about it. He kinda does that "I don't care about race" thing, then goes on about how he is black.

We know.

Cain really should stop talking about it. He kinda does that "I don't care about race" thing, then goes on about how he is black.

We know.

And I'm sure you said the same thing about Obama, right?

Oh wait.

No. Then it was a 'big fucking deal'.

Hypocrite.

It's used by everyone.

Wait.

What?

Exactly how is claiming that Cain made it into an art form, and excusing it by saying it's 'used by everyone' calling out her own party?

Personally, I think Obama made it into an art form. Hell, he won an election by lying about it.
Really? When did Obama play the race card? Details, details.

Wait.

What?

You are kidding me, right?

There isn't enough bandwidth to cover every play of the race card by the Messiah. Every fucking day, a new card. The difference was that you didn't see it. You see it now though... because Cain's a black conservative instead of a black liberal.

Wait.

What?

There isn't enough bandwidth to cover every play of the race card by the Messiah. Every fucking day, a new card. The difference was that you didn't see it. You see it now though... because Cain's a black conservative instead of a black liberal.
So you have no examples.

I knew you couldn't come up with any.

When will people learn this is no fucking game and that the "Race Card" phrase is a racist phrase.

Wait.

What?

He did..but it was pre-emptive. Didn't stop the Republicans from painting him as a spooky scary marxist muslim kenyan who's agenda was to destroy America.

But Cain has no real reason to do this..America has already elected a black president. So the cherry has been broken. :eusa_shhh:

So you have no examples.

I knew you couldn't come up with any.

Oh, be serious. If you need 'evidence' of Obama playing the race card, you either have a remarkably short memory, weren't paying attention when he opened his mouth, or were in the usual liberal state of denial about the Messiah. I don't feel the need to ram my point home to you. And I'll tell you why.... because you'd deny every use of it. That's the SOP when it's 'your side'. So I'd be wasting my time to provide it.

That you can - I assume with a straight face - deny the use of the race card during the last election.... then I feel sorry for you, Ravi.

Reducing EVERY complaint of racist behavior to the label of RACE CARD demeans each and every person who calls out racism.

There is no fucking race card.

Wait.

What?

"Oh yeah, and did I mention he is black?"

Wait.

What?

He did..but it was pre-emptive. Didn't stop the Republicans from painting him as a spooky scary marxist muslim kenyan who's agenda was to destroy America.

But Cain has no real reason to do this..America has already elected a black president. So the cherry has been broken. :eusa_shhh:
When? When did he get on TV and tell people that he was being accused of something simply because he was black?

Wait.

What?

"Oh yeah, and did I mention he is black?"
Obama said that? When?

Wait.

What?

excuse me...but he did not offer it up....he was specifically asked if he believed the allegations were a product of him being black. And he said yes.

Now...are you saying he doesnt have the right to believe his race was used against him?

Why is he not allowed to believe that?

Forum List

Back