Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities

"Vice-President Rice stepped off the plane in Germany today and was arrested for war crimes,"

Oh, goodness gracious! Are you implying that our illustrious leaders could have been guilty of such a thing? Are you anti-American or something? A 'leftie'?

Maybe this is indeed the way to get these people into the proper hands for judgment. Make 'W' the American envoy to a country trying to extradite him, send him there and watch the fun.

T'aint gonna happen. As whacky as the Mittens team is, the last thing they want is to be back in the Bush debate, that they can't win, and makes the Mitt proposals look exactly like the failed Bush administration. I wonder if Huckabee is on the short list. He might be able to bring out some Southern Baptists for a man they claimed was not Christian, and a member of a cult.

Nope, Romneys going to go for a no-name so he can pretend that person is what the right wing rubes want at the time. It'll be a Romney mini-me, who'll flip flop and shake the Etch-a-Sketch.

Won't happen... but... I'd rather have Condi than any other potential. She's awesome. She'd make a rockin' POTUS too.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable view of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, while just 24% view her unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable opinion of her and six percent (6%) with a Very Unfavorable one. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided

Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities - Rasmussen Reports™

I think that Condi is the most qualified person to be on the ticket and should be the VP choice. What do the rest of the conservatives think?

The problem with modern "conservatives" (as opposed to classical ones) is most of you don't think.

Besides the fact Condi has too much class to be caught anywhere near the Weird Mormon Robot, she's a non-starter for a bunch of reasons.

The first being that she's pro-Choice. The anti-abortion zealots already mistrust Mitt. It's the same reason McCain couldn't take Lieberman or Ridge as a running mate.

Second, Rice just reminds everyone why they threw out the GOP in 2006 and 2008. Oh, yeah, that was it. Thousands of boys coming home in body bags! Wars Obama finally got us out of after doing what should have been done to start with.

Now, while it's true that Romney has shown he has no credibility in foreign affairs, that isn't a big issue this time.

Third, the bubba rednecks who are getting behind Romney and pretending they don't care about his Mormonism are largely motivated by racism. Rice is black and she has a vagina. This would absolutely horrify this type of voter.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable view of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, while just 24% view her unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable opinion of her and six percent (6%) with a Very Unfavorable one. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided

Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities - Rasmussen Reports™

I think that Condi is the most qualified person to be on the ticket and should be the VP choice. What do the rest of the conservatives think?

The problem with modern "conservatives" (as opposed to classical ones) is most of you don't think.

Besides the fact Condi has too much class to be caught anywhere near the Weird Mormon Robot, she's a non-starter for a bunch of reasons.

The first being that she's pro-Choice. The anti-abortion zealots already mistrust Mitt. It's the same reason McCain couldn't take Lieberman or Ridge as a running mate.

Second, Rice just reminds everyone why they threw out the GOP in 2006 and 2008. Oh, yeah, that was it. Thousands of boys coming home in body bags! Wars Obama finally got us out of after doing what should have been done to start with.

Now, while it's true that Romney has shown he has no credibility in foreign affairs, that isn't a big issue this time.

Third, the bubba rednecks who are getting behind Romney and pretending they don't care about his Mormonism are largely motivated by racism. Rice is black and she has a vagina. This would absolutely horrify this type of voter.

She endorsed Mitt. So, your ranting is.... color me shocked... complete bullshit. Again.

She endorsed Mitt. So, your ranting is.... color me shocked... complete bullshit. Again.
Be clean, please. Your comment in no way invalidates anything JoeB said.

Why should I be 'clean'? This ain't the 'cowards playground', this is the grown ups place. He claims that Rice wouldn't go anywhere near Mitt. Clearly that is a lie, otherwise she would not have endorsed him. No one can force anyone to endorse someone. He allows his irrational hatred of Romney to cloud what judgment he may once have possessed - although, frankly, I have yet to see any vague ability to apply rational judgement from JoeyBoy. He was a conservative supporting Gingrich, and now he's a rabid lefty. He made himself a joke. All I do is point it out.

Big gap between endorsing Mitt (which everyone in the GOP is doing, even people who ran against him earlier this year and called him all sorts of horrible things) and actually putting your name next to his in the history books.

So, no, she's not going to be his running mate.

Pawlenty or Portman will get the nod.

:lol: Touchy, touchy. Aside of everything else, are you enjoying the Olympics?

Big gap between endorsing Mitt (which everyone in the GOP is doing, even people who ran against him earlier this year and called him all sorts of horrible things) and actually putting your name next to his in the history books.

Did I say she would be his running mate? No. In fact, I said quite the opposite. That she will not. But that decision has jack shit to do with Romney's faith, or his character, or anything vaguely connected to him. She said - long before the nominee was chosen - and back as far as 2008 - that she is out of politics for good.

Ergo, you are just a hack being a hack... that's fine, just have some backbone and recognize it. Twit.

Be clean, please. Your comment in no way invalidates anything JoeB said.

Why should I be 'clean'? This ain't the 'cowards playground', this is the grown ups place. He claims that Rice wouldn't go anywhere near Mitt. Clearly that is a lie, otherwise she would not have endorsed him. No one can force anyone to endorse someone. He allows his irrational hatred of Romney to cloud what judgment he may once have possessed - although, frankly, I have yet to see any vague ability to apply rational judgement from JoeyBoy. He was a conservative supporting Gingrich, and now he's a rabid lefty. He made himself a joke. All I do is point it out.

Only because in your tiny mind, you think in terms of left/right, conservative/liberal.

I vote for people and issues.

On issues, Romney has been pro-choice and pro-life, pro-immigration reform and pro-deportation, pro-gays and anti-gay, etc. So i guess I could say I agree with him 50% of the time. You would have a hard time finding a lot of posts where I took the "conservative" point of view on social issues, because being a classic conservative, I don't think government has any place there.

On economic issues, yes, the part of the GOP that wants Romney, the part that thinks the real economic problem is that Millionaires don't have enough money for their Dressage Horses, because the working man still wants a fair wage, I think Newt and Rick Santorum had it about right, and Romney didn't.

On a people choice. Obama is basically a good guy who is in over his head. Romney is a two-faced, backstabbing weasel I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw his cult.

Fact is, I told you back last year Romney was a horrible idea. And now even though he ought to be way ahead, every credible poll has him trailing. The very fact that you guys are hoping for a Hail Mary pass with the veep pick (ask John McCain how well those work out) is kind of telling.

Did I say she would be his running mate? No. In fact, I said quite the opposite. That she will not. But that decision has jack shit to do with Romney's faith, or his character, or anything vaguely connected to him. She said - long before the nominee was chosen - and back as far as 2008 - that she is out of politics for good.

Ergo, you are just a hack being a hack... that's fine, just have some backbone and recognize it. Twit.

Not a hack at all.. just a guy who has been involved in politics most of his adult life, and has a perspective you'll never have, even if you live as long as I have.

I think Rice would be smart enough to turn it down. Why take the crap the Democrats will spew out.

I think Rice would be smart enough to turn it down. Why take the crap the Democrats will spew out.

Rice isn't a politician to start with. She's an academic.

More to the point, if she were the pick, she would allow Obama to essentially re-litigate the Iraq War, which in this point in history, is not something the GOP really wants to do.

Given that Romney is spewing the same kind of belligerent nonsense that got us into Iraq, at least when he's pandering in Israel, I personally think this issue does need more scrutiny, which is why he'll avoid it.

You are irky this time around. :lol: You define stupid, CG.

:lol: Touchy, touchy. Aside of everything else, are you enjoying the Olympics?

Not at all 'touchy', I just have a low tolerance for stupid.

And, speaking of stupid, this thread isn't about the Olympics.

I'm a lot of things, Jokey.... stupid ain't one. For instance, I have never wanted to 'throw' people out of a party that they don't belong to.

Democrats are cooking up a Condi Rice pick so they could say that Romney's a racist who wouldn't pick a black woman when it's someone else.

Forum List

Back