Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities

Democrats are cooking up a Condi Rice pick so they could say that Romney's a racist who wouldn't pick a black woman when it's someone else.

Aha, you discovered our dasterdly plan....

tumblr_ljj22xiRGj1qawft1o1_500.gif

"You are much too clever for us naughty people, Inspector Dim!"

Democrats are cooking up a Condi Rice pick so they could say that Romney's a racist who wouldn't pick a black woman when it's someone else.

tumblr_ljj22xiRGj1qawft1o1_500.gif

"You are much too clever for us naughty people, Inspector Dim!"

It's what democrats do every time. They cook up some sort of position bearing a hidden mine and bet on rejection. Then they are outraged when the position is rejected. Like hiding gun control in a military appropriations bill.

The Rasmussen Report cited did not say that Condi Rice was on Romney's short list. It said that the people surveyed wanted Rice to be on the short list. Condi Rice isn't on a short list. She is retired from politics and didn't like it when she served in Bush's administration. When she doesn't get named, democrats will be posting all over the country how she WAS on the list, but Romney wouldn't choose a black woman.

It's what democrats do every time. They cook up some sort of position bearing a hidden mine and bet on rejection. Then they are outraged when the position is rejected. Like hiding gun control in a military appropriations bill.

The Rasmussen Report cited did not say that Condi Rice was on Romney's short list. It said that the people surveyed wanted Rice to be on the short list. Condi Rice isn't on a short list. She is retired from politics and didn't like it when she served in Bush's administration. When she doesn't get named, democrats will be posting all over the country how she WAS on the list, but Romney wouldn't choose a black woman.

I see you don't realize when you are being mocked, so I will try to treat your claims seriously...
(No, really!)

The only people I've seen get excited by a Condi Veep selection are conservatives who are quite obviously, bored with the fact they settled for an uninspiring pick because he was electable.

No one seriously expects her to get a pick, and really liberals don't want to see her come back, they're still ticked at her for all things related to the Iraq War.

Way too much is always put into the process that should be simple. Two factors to consider.

1) The absolute best Veep Pick in the world will not improve your chances of winning. Ever. There has never been a Veep Pick that changed the game in the candidates favor.

2) A really bad veep pick can throw your whole campaign off kilter. The obvious examples being Palin (after everyone realized she was kind of dopey) and Eagleton (who hid his medical history from McGovern, and the fact he was the one dissing McGovern in the press.)

So if I were giving Romney advise, (which I wouldn't because I want him to lose- badly), it would be to pick the safest, most non-controversial warm body you can. Because you have little to gain and a lot to lose if you don't.

Conservatives wouldn't be excited by Rice, she's pro choice. The only ones excited by creating a myth that Rice is on the short list are liberals because they see something they can use when the pick isn't her.

Conservatives wouldn't be excited by Rice, she's pro choice. The only ones excited by creating a myth that Rice is on the short list are liberals because they see something they can use when the pick isn't her.

I'm looking at these Condi threads, and it's the house Conservatives who seem to think it's a wonderful idea- Jackson, Gatsby, etc.

I'm indifferent to the Veep Pick. This conversation was over for me when Romney got the nomination.

Condi not only endorsed Mitt, she's been out fundraising for him. Hardly the act of someone who 'hates' the Mormon. She has no reason to stump for Mitt... she's back in academia... has nothing to do with politics... so, if she - as JoeyBoy claims 'wouldn't be seen near' the Mormon guy... why is she fundraising and actively supporting him?

Me thinks JoeyBoy is deflecting his own anguish about Romney onto Rice. Thankfully, she is a very bright woman... and JoeyBoy is a changling herd borg.

The left believes if they say something enough, it will be understood as true. If they can keep saying that Rice hates Romney, someone will believe it no matter how much she campaigns for him.

How does polling data translate to a short list? Rasmussen runs a fairly honest poll but the designation of "somewhat favorable" is so ambiguous that it is politically meaningless.

Condi not only endorsed Mitt, she's been out fundraising for him. Hardly the act of someone who 'hates' the Mormon. She has no reason to stump for Mitt... she's back in academia... has nothing to do with politics... so, if she - as JoeyBoy claims 'wouldn't be seen near' the Mormon guy... why is she fundraising and actively supporting him?

Me thinks JoeyBoy is deflecting his own anguish about Romney onto Rice. Thankfully, she is a very bright woman... and JoeyBoy is a changling herd borg.

Actually, my anguish about Romney is that the GOP blew its last chance to win the presidency in my lifetime.

Because after this, it's probably pretty much over for the GOP. Texas turns blue in 2020, and it's done after that.

My problem has been the GOP has lost touch with working folks like me. Instead, they've figured out that manipulating the religious zealots to vote against their own economic interests is a winning play for them.

So Rice is playing the role she is expected to play, Am I supposed to be impressed. Five minutes after he loses, all these Republicans who are claiming to be his bestest buddies will be finding ways to blame him for the loss. And they'll be about half right.

Romney is an awful candidate. But the GOP has deeper problems.

How does polling data translate to a short list? Rasmussen runs a fairly honest poll but the designation of "somewhat favorable" is so ambiguous that it is politically meaningless.

I think it's more than that.

Really, this is just a name recognition poll. Most people know who Condi Rice is.

Not as many people outside Ohio know who Ron Portman is.

The left believes if they say something enough, it will be understood as true. If they can keep saying that Rice hates Romney, someone will believe it no matter how much she campaigns for him.

Did Condi campaign for him during the primaries?

Nope.

Look, I don't fault the GOP for playing happy family. You're kind of expected to do that...

Except this was such a bad choice that it's too bad most Republicans won't say diddly about how bad they goofed up until November 7th. Then you'll see all the recriminations.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable view of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, while just 24% view her unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable opinion of her and six percent (6%) with a Very Unfavorable one. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided
Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities - Rasmussen Reports™

I think that Condi is the most qualified person to be on the ticket and should be the VP choice. What do the rest of the conservatives think?
I agree with you, Jackson. Condoleeza Rice needs to be courted and convinced she's the best person for the job. If Romney can pull that off, he's more than qualified to be POTUS. :)

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable view of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, while just 24% view her unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable opinion of her and six percent (6%) with a Very Unfavorable one. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided
Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities - Rasmussen Reports™

I think that Condi is the most qualified person to be on the ticket and should be the VP choice. What do the rest of the conservatives think?
I agree with you, Jackson. Condoleeza Rice needs to be courted and convinced she's the best person for the job. If Romney can pull that off, he's more than qualified to be POTUS. :)

She should be respected not badgered. If she wants to retire from politics, let her retire. Rice is an academic, while brilliant, she never understands why the plans of academia don't work in real life and was a poor secretary of state for that reason. Condi Rice would be perfect if we were a nation of philosopher kings as envisioned in Plato's Utopia.

Too much connection and reminder of Bush ?

That could be a valid reason to not pick her, but I'd hate to see her expertise and cool go by the wayside. She is obviously more qualified than anyone else and was never a question mark in that administration.
Whew!!!

How old ARE you??!!!!

323.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpQCNibf704]9-11 Investigation & Cover up Condoleezza Rice Testimony Intelligence Failures 2 7 2004 CBS - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1UI4KVJCC8]Condoleezza Rice: Liar, Secretary of State, War Criminal pt1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYa9EFcvsrE]Ron Paul Vs Condoleezza Rice - YouTube[/ame]

303.gif

I'd agree with some of the above. Forget VP, Rice for POTUS and she would run circles around Obama and Romney never mind Useless Joe.

But she wants no part of it and despises politicking and BS electoral games.
....Not-to-mention she's waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy-too-conservative to (finally) "come out".​

Actually, my anguish about Romney is that the GOP blew its last chance to win the presidency in my lifetime.

Because after this, it's probably pretty much over for the GOP. Texas turns blue in 2020, and it's done after that.

My problem has been the GOP has lost touch with working folks like me. Instead, they've figured out that manipulating the religious zealots to vote against their own economic interests is a winning play for them.

So Rice is playing the role she is expected to play, Am I supposed to be impressed. Five minutes after he loses, all these Republicans who are claiming to be his bestest buddies will be finding ways to blame him for the loss. And they'll be about half right.

Romney is an awful candidate. But the GOP has deeper problems.

Romney is an excellent candidate, and proves that every day. The mroe people hear him, the more they like him. He has built an excellent well run organization.
You just can't stand that truth because you are a bigot and a hater.

I think Rice would be smart enough to turn it down. Why take the crap the Democrats will spew out.
Please.

The evangelicals would question her "personal preferences", long-before the Dems would have anything to say.

:eusa_whistle:

I agree with you, Jackson. Condoleeza Rice needs to be courted......
It's a.....

....for that.

Besides.....we don't NEED anymore folks (in the Oval Office) with such strong OIL-connections!!!

Romney is an excellent candidate, and proves that every day. The mroe people hear him, the more they like him. He has built an excellent well run organization.
You just can't stand that truth because you are a bigot and a hater.

With this economy, he should be ahead of Obama by double digits at this point.

Instead he's trailing him by 3-10, depending on which credible poll you read.

And when your foreign tour ends with you being mocked as "RomneyShambles", you are not up to the job.

Did Condi campaign for him during the primaries?

Nope.

Look, I don't fault the GOP for playing happy family. You're kind of expected to do that...

Except this was such a bad choice that it's too bad most Republicans won't say diddly about how bad they goofed up until November 7th. Then you'll see all the recriminations.

Did they really "goof up" picking Romney, though? Out of all the primary candidates, who would have been better as far as electability goes?

Forum List

Back