Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable view of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, while just 24% view her unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable opinion of her and six percent (6%) with a Very Unfavorable one. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided

Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities - Rasmussen Reports™

I think that Condi is the most qualified person to be on the ticket and should be the VP choice. What do the rest of the conservatives think?

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters share at least a somewhat favorable view of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, while just 24% view her unfavorably. This includes 29% with a Very Favorable opinion of her and six percent (6%) with a Very Unfavorable one. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided

Rice is Still No. 1 on Short List of Romney Veep Possibilities - Rasmussen Reports™

I think that Condi is the most qualified person to be on the ticket and should be the VP choice. What do the rest of the conservatives think?

Too much connection and reminder of Bush ?

That could be a valid reason to not pick her, but I'd hate to see her expertise and cool go by the wayside. She is obviously more qualified than anyone else and was never a question mark in that administration. Damn, I want someone to get qualified people rather than depend on politics!

"Vice-President Rice stepped off the plane in Germany today and was arrested for war crimes," goes a headline in 2013.

No, Condi is tied to the war and torture; she won't even be considered.

I'd like to see her, I find neither man anything to get excited about, in any manner. At least Rice is interesting. How so many here can be so vehement is my question, two basically moderate candidates slugging it out over WHAT? Marriage equality, which the president has little impact upon, or how far up the income ladder should more "tax cuts" be given.........

That's what I've always thought about it.

She probably knows this too.

It's never a good Idea to Pick a VP that is Vastly More Qualified to be President than you are. For this reason, and the Bush Connections I doubt Romney will Pick her.

He is going to be fucking Stupid, and pick someone based solely on them helping him win a Particular Swing State. You watch.

Picking Rice as the VP would be a gimmick like picking Sarah Palin, except without the spunk and hotness. But, there would be that shit-colored skin, for what it's worth.

I'd like to see her, I find neither man anything to get excited about, in any manner. At least Rice is interesting. How so many here can be so vehement is my question, two basically moderate candidates slugging it out over WHAT? Marriage equality, which the president has little impact upon, or how far up the income ladder should more "tax cuts" be given.........

Yeah it is a pretty dull election, a couple of ivy league snobs with no personality whatsoever....I wouldnt mind seeing Rice, so the batshit crazy left can come up with more "war crimes" even as they celebrate a PResident who assassinated someone (I'm glad he's dead, lets keep on killing the baddie, I'm down!!!!!!!!!)

Honestly, given what the Republicans have offered us to replace Obama, Rice should be the one trying to make the decision as to who will be her running mate rather than Romney. Evidently, Republicans don't want the white house in 2013.

Immie

I'd agree with some of the above. Forget VP, Rice for POTUS and she would run circles around Obama and Romney never mind Useless Joe.

But she wants no part of it and despises politicking and BS electoral games. (making her that much more awesome) All brains and class but no style and flash.

Swear to God though, the only way this country has a shot of a decent future President may just be to drag the unwilling, kicking and screaming into office for a full term before we let them go again. We need a draft for POTUS. :D

Last edited:

If I was supporting Romney, I would love to see Condi on the ticket. There is a problem putting her on the ticket though; she would remind everyone of the Bush administration. I'm not sure she can separate herself from that, and that would be problematic for many voters.

Picking Rice as the VP would be a gimmick like picking Sarah Palin, except without the spunk and hotness. But, there would be that shit-colored skin, for what it's worth.

I'm sure bripat9643 would applaud you for that statement. He seems to be a big fan of yours. As for me, I still think you are scum. As for Condi, she would run circles around Sarah on any subject or issue.

If I was supporting Romney, I would love to see Condi on the ticket. There is a problem putting her on the ticket though; she would remind everyone of the Bush administration. I'm not sure she can separate herself from that, and that would be problematic for many voters.

She'd be a fucking disaster of a pick. Remind me what she's ever accomplished. She sucked as SecState. She's never held elected office. We see how well that plays out with Herman Cain.
Not picking someone because they are black or female is racism and bigotry. Picking someone because they are black or female is also racism and bigotry.
Romney needs someone who can work Congress to help him get what he wants. Rob Portman would be a much better pick.

You know what I don't get. And I will and shall take credit for pushing this up here. I want to know not only the VP I want to know who's in your cabinet in advance.

You can sell yourself as a total package as Harper did in the last election. You sell a team. And think about it. It makes sense.

Well that's just me.

So the right wing would get all wet if Romney picked a pro-choice, pro affirmative action candidate? Hell, I'd love it just to shove her lies about that mushroom cloud 15 minutes away bullshit.

New Topics

Forum List

Back