Rewind 10 months!! Mccain is president!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by andy753, Nov 17, 2009.

1. andy753

andy753 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yes, I'm trying to stir the pot. My father and I got into this awhile ago. What would the US be like today if McCain would have won? What would the world be like? Any different? I'm thinking it wouldn't be that much different than it is today, the economy would still be in the crapper (it's a world problem), but the media wouldn't be talking about health care as much, they would be covering the war. WAR WAR WAR!! Or should I say BOMB BOMB BOMB!!!

2. PatekPhilippe

PatekPhilippe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,200
    The left wing loons would have a grand time making fun of McCain's war injuries, bitching because he gets a military retirement check from the government and finding faults in his wife.

3. B L Zeebub

B L Zeebub Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    thats nasty, I loved his oven bake french fries

4. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Yup.

And the pain that the people would be feeling due to the meltdown would be much much worse, too.

This admin has made getting HEAP and food stamps easier just when more and more working families find they desperately need it

It has also extended unemplyment benefits just when people who lost their jobs thanks to this BANKERS' DISASTER need it too,

I doubt a Republican POTUS would have had the balls to have done those things.

5. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    I highly doubt there would be anything different other than who is whining and who isn't.

6. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    The deficit would be much less.. we would still be going thru an economy recovery but with less of a sting, as tax increases for redistribution care would not be looming in the future... I doubt we would be hearing about a chicken-shit decision for Afghanistan, as we have with Obama... and I actually think the popularity would have been about the same (as the point where he would have been elected) for McCain with the American public, not dropping like a stone... I don't think Congress would be trying everything possible to put thru an entitlement, because they know that not all of them would get past the President's desk...

Not that I think McCain was a conservative or the best candidate for the Republicans... but certainly better overall than what we have now with Obama

7. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,517
    You mean Sarah Palin is Vice President?????

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    His wife? Don't you mean that ****???

9. Immanuel

Immanuel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,224
    I don't think we would be in much of a different position than we are right now. I think McCain would have fought just as hard for the stimulus package. We'd be discussing Health Care Reform except that today, the conservatives would be supporting the idea of a public option as the only answer to our problems and liberals would be decrying it as totalitarianism; the government taking over our basic rights.

Maybe one difference is that we would not be talking about how many rounds of golf President McCain had played since taking office?

Immie

10. MajikMyst

MajikMyst Honorary Non-member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Rewind 8 years. Gore is president.. At least go back to when it would matter??

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1