Rewind 10 months!! Mccain is president!!!

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
Yes, I'm trying to stir the pot. My father and I got into this awhile ago. What would the US be like today if McCain would have won? What would the world be like? Any different? I'm thinking it wouldn't be that much different than it is today, the economy would still be in the crapper (it's a world problem), but the media wouldn't be talking about health care as much, they would be covering the war. WAR WAR WAR!! Or should I say BOMB BOMB BOMB!!!

Yes, I'm trying to stir the pot. My father and I got into this awhile ago. What would the US be like today if McCain would have won? What would the world be like? Any different? I'm thinking it wouldn't be that much different than it is today, the economy would still be in the crapper (it's a world problem), but the media wouldn't be talking about health care as much, they would be covering the war. WAR WAR WAR!! Or should I say BOMB BOMB BOMB!!!

The left wing loons would have a grand time making fun of McCain's war injuries, bitching because he gets a military retirement check from the government and finding faults in his wife.

The left wing loons would have a grand time making fun of McCain's war injuries, bitching because he gets a military retirement check from the government and finding faults in his wife.
thats nasty, I loved his oven bake french fries

Yup.

And the pain that the people would be feeling due to the meltdown would be much much worse, too.

This admin has made getting HEAP and food stamps easier just when more and more working families find they desperately need it

It has also extended unemplyment benefits just when people who lost their jobs thanks to this BANKERS' DISASTER need it too,

I doubt a Republican POTUS would have had the balls to have done those things.

I highly doubt there would be anything different other than who is whining and who isn't.

The deficit would be much less.. we would still be going thru an economy recovery but with less of a sting, as tax increases for redistribution care would not be looming in the future... I doubt we would be hearing about a chicken-shit decision for Afghanistan, as we have with Obama... and I actually think the popularity would have been about the same (as the point where he would have been elected) for McCain with the American public, not dropping like a stone... I don't think Congress would be trying everything possible to put thru an entitlement, because they know that not all of them would get past the President's desk...

Not that I think McCain was a conservative or the best candidate for the Republicans... but certainly better overall than what we have now with Obama

You mean Sarah Palin is Vice President?????

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

His wife? Don't you mean that ****???

I don't think we would be in much of a different position than we are right now. I think McCain would have fought just as hard for the stimulus package. We'd be discussing Health Care Reform except that today, the conservatives would be supporting the idea of a public option as the only answer to our problems and liberals would be decrying it as totalitarianism; the government taking over our basic rights.

Maybe one difference is that we would not be talking about how many rounds of golf President McCain had played since taking office?

Immie

Rewind 8 years. Gore is president.. At least go back to when it would matter??

I don't think we would be in much of a different position than we are right now. I think McCain would have fought just as hard for the stimulus package. We'd be discussing Health Care Reform except that today, the conservatives would be supporting the idea of a public option as the only answer to our problems and liberals would be decrying it as totalitarianism; the government taking over our basic rights.

Maybe one difference is that we would not be talking about how many rounds of golf President McCain had played since taking office?

Immie

I think we would still be talking various ways of health care reform... but not to the government takeover and uber-power that we are seeing in the leftist options being set forth today... reform does not inherently mean big government control or the government providing it

I fully would expect conservatives to still be against a public option or a government supplied system.. no matter if it were the REPs, DEMs, or anyone else proposing it....

Naw...that's the Right's perogative.

I never saw that type of disrespect aimed at McCain by the left, though I'm sure there were a few classless jerks and I'd have called them on it (unlike the fact that the right wing loons are relentless toward obama and there are maybe three righties who have the guts to say it's pathetic). McCain just wasn't equipped to be president and his choice of a running made pretty much made it impossible to consider him. I still think if he'd chosen Romney, he'd have won.

I'd also point out that the vilest things ever said about McCain were said by Karl Rove and the Bush campaign... why he ever sucked up to them after is beyond me.

Last edited:

Immie

I think we would still be talking various ways of health care reform... but not to the government takeover and uber-power that we are seeing in the leftist options being set forth today... reform does not inherently mean big government control or the government providing it

I fully would expect conservatives to still be against a public option or a government supplied system.. no matter if it were the REPs, DEMs, or anyone else proposing it....

I don't believe that McCain would do anything significantly different than President Obama has done so far... except most likely salute our fallen heroes at Arlington and elsewhere.

I do think Republicans would support his plan even if it included a "public option". Now, of course, if the House and Senate were held by the Democrats, things might be different if this "plan" were seen as theirs.

Immie

I never saw that type of disrespect aimed at McCain by the left, though I'm sure there were a few classless jerks and I'd have called them on it (unlike the fact that the right wing loons are relentless toward obama and there are maybe three righties who have the guts to say it's pathetic). McCain just wasn't equipped to be president and his choice of a running made pretty much made it impossible to consider him. I still think if he'd chosen Romney, he'd have won.

I'd also point out that the vilest things ever said about McCain were said by Karl Rove and the Bush campaign... why he ever sucked up to them after is beyond me.

You'll get no argument from me on the highlighted point.

I don't know if you ever went to the old MSNBC boards but the left wing loons were particulary cruel in that they did make fun of McCain's war injuries and called his wife just about every name in the book...(see VaYanks post earlier in this thread)

Immie

I don't believe that McCain would do anything significantly different than President Obama has done so far... except most likely salute our fallen heroes at Arlington and elsewhere.

I do think Republicans would support his plan even if it included a "public option". Now, of course, if the House and Senate were held by the Democrats, things might be different if this "plan" were seen as theirs.

Immie

Do you really think the far right would have embraced McCain or would he still be a RINO? Does winning really cure everything?

You'll get no argument from me on the highlighted point.

I don't know if you ever went to the old MSNBC boards but the left wing loons were particulary cruel in that they did make fun of McCain's war injuries and called his wife just about every name in the book...(see VaYanks post earlier in this thread)

never saw the MSNBC boards... but every party has its loons... i had huge respect for McCain the first time he ran and might have voted for him this time if he didn't trade who he was to be bush lite.

Immie

Do you really think the far right would have embraced McCain or would he still be a RINO? Does winning really cure everything?

If the repubs ever want power again, they need to lose that whole RINO thing.

Forum List

Back