Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

The thing you liberals don't understand is that polls don't mean jack when the next election is still 2 years away.

You're going to eat your vegetables, and like them.
The next election may be 2 years away BUT there are 8 Republican senators who have held office for more than 1 year and are therefore subject to "recall."

The defeat of any 3 if the 8 senators will result in a change in the balance of power - so a 43% approval rating means that Governor Walker will also be under pressure from his own caucus to negotiate a settlement quickly before they lose their seats.

Keep telling yourself that.

6 of the runaways are facing recall NOW (the petitions are active), and 2 more will be added soon enough. The same day Walker becomes eligible for a recall, the other 6 runaways will as well.

Even if you recall all 8, it isn't enough.
actually, all 6 of them are eligible NOW
once they get enough signatures
and they need fewer than those against the republicans

and all that would be needed is to have ONE lose and be replaced by a republican and then the GOP has a quorum

The thing you liberals don't understand is that polls don't mean jack when the next election is still 2 years away.

You're going to eat your vegetables, and like them.
The next election may be 2 years away BUT there are 8 Republican senators who have held office for more than 1 year and are therefore subject to "recall."

The defeat of any 3 if the 8 senators will result in a change in the balance of power - so a 43% approval rating means that Governor Walker will also be under pressure from his own caucus to negotiate a settlement quickly before they lose their seats.

Keep telling yourself that.

6 of the runaways are facing recall NOW (the petitions are active), and 2 more will be added soon enough. The same day Walker becomes eligible for a recall, the other 6 runaways will as well.

Even if you recall all 8, it isn't enough.
Not only is Walker up against the Democrats BUT 300 000 public sector workers - including over 50 000 public school teachers whose union he refuses to recognize.

The teachers, alone, repesent a highly motivated, well-organized, formidable group which will also attract the support of teachers from every state in the union.

Walker is now fighting a 2 or 3 front war (Democrats, public sector workers, teachers, recall) with a 43% approval rating and nothing to show but alot of anger - based on these results, even his own people must be questioning his decisions!

Last edited:
good grief, the guy has been in office for 3 months.

You just gotta laugh at all these polls.

Wisconsin Governor Walker: 43% Approval Rating

From all places,,,,,,,,,,,Rasmussen!!!!!!

Wisconsin Governor Walker: 43% Approval Rating - Rasmussen Reports™
glad you agree that Rasmussen is a valid pollster

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Rasmussen has been accurate in the past. I just wanted to throw a right wing favorite at them, just for the fun of it.

Not only is Walker up against the Demovrats BUT 300 000 public sector workers - including over 50 000 public school teachers whose union he refuses to recognize.

The teachers, alone, repesent a highly motivated, well-organized, fornidable group which will also attract the support of teachers from every state in the union.

Walker is now fighting a 2 or 3 front war (Democrats, public sector workers, teachers, recall) with a 43% approval rating and nothing to show but alot of anger - based on these results, even his own people must be questioning his decisions!

All of that and a dollar will leave you with a dollar.

None of it matters with regard to the impending death of collective bargaining in Wisconsin.

You lost.

Get over it.

Not only is Walker up against the Demovrats BUT 300 000 public sector workers - including over 50 000 public school teachers whose union he refuses to recognize.

The teachers, alone, repesent a highly motivated, well-organized, fornidable group which will also attract the support of teachers from every state in the union.

None of it matters with regard to the impending death of collective bargaining in Wisconsin.

You lost.

Get over it.
actually, no
this is not ending collective bargaining
its just putting limits on the public sector unions

Obama’s approval rating sits at a comfortable 53%-42%, above the national average, and a nine-point improvement in the poll from November. (In November -- after the Democrats' shellacking in the midterms -- the president’s approval in the poll was split at 44%-43%.)

By contrast, Walker’s approval rating is upside down – with 43% approving and 53% disapproving of how he’s handling his job. Walker’s “strongly disapprove” is a sky-high 45%; Obama’s is 26%. Walker’s favorability rating – also 43%-53% -- mirrors his approval. His negative rating is up 18 points from November, when his rating was 45%/35%. His “strongly unfavorable” is up to 41% from a “very unfavorable” rating of just 19% in November.

First Read - Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

While I despise these unions and support Walker for trying to loosen their stranglehold on his states, it will be interesting to see if he maintains his staunch position if the polls continue to trend against him. Any betters out there?

Maybe you'd prefer a state in the stranglehold of rampant nepotism and jobs for political cronies.

Maybe you'd prefer the schoolteacher who educates your children, the nurse who tends to you and your family in the hospital, the EMT's who rush to the scene of your car wreck and the snow plow driver who maneuvers by your parked car at 2 AM so you can make it to work at 8AM to be jobs with a high turnover and relegated to rookies and people at entry level pay scale?

Obama’s approval rating sits at a comfortable 53%-42%, above the national average, and a nine-point improvement in the poll from November. (In November -- after the Democrats' shellacking in the midterms -- the president’s approval in the poll was split at 44%-43%.)

By contrast, Walker’s approval rating is upside down – with 43% approving and 53% disapproving of how he’s handling his job. Walker’s “strongly disapprove” is a sky-high 45%; Obama’s is 26%. Walker’s favorability rating – also 43%-53% -- mirrors his approval. His negative rating is up 18 points from November, when his rating was 45%/35%. His “strongly unfavorable” is up to 41% from a “very unfavorable” rating of just 19% in November.

First Read - Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

While I despise these unions and support Walker for trying to loosen their stranglehold on his states, it will be interesting to see if he maintains his staunch position if the polls continue to trend against him. Any betters out there?

Maybe you'd prefer a state in the stranglehold of rampant nepotism and jobs for political cronies.

Maybe you'd prefer the schoolteacher who educates your children, the nurse who tends to you and your family in the hospital, the EMT's who rush to the scene of your car wreck and the snow plow driver who maneuvers by your parked car at 2 AM so you can make it to work at 8AM to be jobs with a high turnover and relegated to rookies and people at entry level pay scale?
you mean like the unions do now?
LOL

collective bargaining
actually, no
its just putting limits on the public sector unions in Wisconsin.

You lost.

Get over it.
Perhaps "Mini 14" and "DiveCon" should get together so they can get their anti-union positions straight!

Actually they're both wrong - Walker isn't putting an end to collective bargaining for all public sector unions, only those public sector unions that didn't support him in the last election. The Republicans should have an interesting time trying to explain that coincidence away when it reaches the courts.

As for "You lost. Get over it," the Republicans/Tea Party didn't roll over and play dead after ther 2008 election, so why would they expect the Democrats and the teachers to act any different.

The problem in Wisconsin is that Walker has "overplayed his hand" - picking a fight with the Democrats is one thing, declaring "war" on 300 000 public sector workers, particularily the 50 000+ public school teachers, is quite another.

This has now become a test of wills between the Republicans and every public school teacher in the country - all 3,178,142 of them (Education Digest 2009, Chapter 2, Table 65)!

http://www.edreform.com/Fast_Facts/K12_Facts/

Last edited:

You lost.

Get over it.
actually, no
Perhaps "Mini 14," "DiveCon" and the "Governor should all get together so they can all get their srories right!

hey asswipe, what i said is what the Governor said

actually, no
Perhaps "Mini 14," "DiveCon" and the "Governor should all get together so they can all get their srories right!

The "Rev. Jgarden's" word's of wisdom for dealing with those "verbal abusers" who refuse to honor your 1st Amendment Rights!

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." (Matthew 7:6).

Last edited:

The "Rev. Jgarden's" word's of wisdom for dealing with those "verbal abusers" who refuse to honor your 1st Amendment Rights!

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you." (Matthew 7:6).
HOLY SHIT
you do NOT have 1st amendment rights here you fucking moron

you can say whatever the fuck you want
and i have my right to say whatever the fuck i want in return

why do you want MY rights limited?

HOLY SHIT

"DiveCon" asserts that "you can say whatever the fuck you want," and then repeatedly unleashes a torrent of "verbal abuse" as he tries to bully and intimidate those who have the misfortune of disagreeing with him.

"DiveCon" has made, in his own words, the case for Matthew 7:6 far more eloquently than I ever could!

Last edited:

HOLY SHIT

"DiveCon" asserts that "you can say whatever the fuck you want," and then repeatedly unleashes a torrent of "verbal abuse" as he tries to bully and intimidate those who have the misfortune of disagreeing with him.

"DiveCon" has made, in his own words, the case for Matthew 7:6 far more eloquently than I ever could!
fuck off moron

^^^thats me not casting pearls before SWINE

Forum List

Back