Reversal of fortune in Wisconsin

While I despise these unions and support Walker for trying to loosen their stranglehold on his states, it will be interesting to see if he maintains his staunch position if the polls continue to trend against him. Any betters out there?

Why do you despise them? Do you live in WI? How does the public policy of WI affect you?

Poor choice of words on my part, I guess. I despise ALL unions.

I didnt write the article, my opinion is that the civil service working population shouldnt have to pay for these tax breaks and incentives.

And since ALL of the taxpayers in WI are being forced to make up the shortfall in collected taxes, I do not see how the "civil service working population" is solely being targeted.

They are the ones who are having compensation(not in the form of taxation though they are also tax payers) they receive for their labor removed and having their rights restricted.(If Walker succeeds)

Well, these workers could always just hit the unemployment lines? Would you prefer that?

Anybody found the background info to the poll? I'd need to know how many people were polled, whether they were asked which political party they support, do they have a union member in the household, etc. In short, until I have ALL the information, I can't make a judgement on the validity of the information.

I say Walker keeps digging his hole hoping he comes out the other side

I agree, Walker will get out of the hole and Unions will hate it being they were hoping he would cave so the Unions could keep buying off Democrat politicians with hundreds of millions of dollars while at the same time making themselves rich with their monopoly.

It’s really nice to see you come around on this RW… I was getting really worried that you truly did support corruption as long as it was on “your side.” Walker will get out of this hole when people start learning the truth and forgetting the talking points.

All politicians take money from somebody and are beholding to somebody, it just depends on where you stand if it is good or bad. The fact they they are not beholding to the tax payer should be the issue. The problem is and has been that the unions are not at fault for asking for more, we all want more. The problem was created by the people who gave in and said yes. The union can negotiate all they want as long as the other side says no to outrageous or unsustainable demands.

Gov. Walker will stick to his position if he has strong principles that drive his position. If not, he is just another politician.

And since ALL of the taxpayers in WI are being forced to make up the shortfall in collected taxes, I do not see how the "civil service working population" is solely being targeted.

They are the ones who are having compensation(not in the form of taxation though they are also tax payers) they receive for their labor removed and having their rights restricted.(If Walker succeeds)

Well, these workers could always just hit the unemployment lines? Would you prefer that?

I would prefer that corporations not get tax breaks on the backs of the little guys.

I would prefer that corporations not get tax breaks on the backs of the little guys.
do you not understand that giving a corp a tax break to MOVE INTO your state will improve employment in your state?

How are these tax breaks on the backs of the little guys? By giving these tax breaks, Walker is trying to lure businesses to relocate to his state. This will add....drumroll please.....JOBS! Which, as we all know, will actually help the little guy.

How are these tax breaks on the backs of the little guys? By giving these tax breaks, Walker is trying to lure businesses to relocate to his state. This will add....drumroll please.....JOBS! Which, as we all know, will actually help the little guy.
shhhh

do you not understand that giving a corp a tax break to MOVE INTO your state will improve employment in your state?

How is cutting workers pay and benefits in doing such improving employment in the state?

Little guy is having pay, benefits, and rights removed in order to pay for these corporate tax breaks.

Making already established jobs less lucrative is a step back for working people not a step forward.

Thanks, Noose. So, as I read this, Walker allowed tax incentives (breaks) for businesses to locate in his state. He didn't GIVE them a damn thing as traveler52 made us to think. Would this be a fair assessment?

I didnt write the article, my opinion is that the civil service working population shouldnt have to pay for these tax breaks and incentives.

Pay for tax breaks? You desparately need an econ primer.

:lol::lol:

Little guy is having pay, benefits, and rights removed in order to pay for these corporate tax breaks.

Making already established jobs less lucrative is a step back for working people not a step forward.

Karl, is that you?

:razz:

Luckily most teachers can get summer jobs to help supplement their income so I dont see a problem.

Thanks, Noose. So, as I read this, Walker allowed tax incentives (breaks) for businesses to locate in his state. He didn't GIVE them a damn thing as traveler52 made us to think. Would this be a fair assessment?

Pay for tax breaks? You desparately need an econ primer.

:lol::lol:

Yes because you as a random message board poster are so much smarter than the guy who wrote the article for the Washington Post.

Karl, is that you?

:razz:

Break those unions yet Adolf?

Forum List

Back