Revelations 12

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
The ministry, death and resurrection of the two prophets is watched worldwide in real time. Why is this not preached as fulfilled prophecy?

Is there a consensus yet as to who these two witnesses are? That may be part of where problem lies.

No, Elijah, Enoch and Moses are the only possible candidates but why does that matter, this is the simplest New Testament prophecy to verify.

No, Elijah, Enoch and Moses are the only possible candidates but why does that matter, this is the simplest New Testament prophecy to verify.
It is the Holy Spirit that bares witness through the Son. Pretty simple really.

Rod----you are a very good writer----so unusual for you to make
a mistake------""the holy spirit BARES witness...."" <<< nope----
she does not undress the witnesses.......

Are you referring to the two witnesses in Revelation 11? I am yet to see this prophecy fullfilled. These are two prophets raised up to the Jewish nation who will do great miracles and torment those in power. After 3.5 years they will eventually be killed and their bodies will lie in the streets of Jerusalem for 3.5 days and then be brought back to life at the time the Christ is about to make his second coming. They will then ascend into the clouds of heaven. Not yet fulfilled.

Last edited:
As death is the separation of the body from the spirit, Elijah, Enoch and Moses could not lie in the streets of Jerusalem dead because they are resurrected beings whose spirits will never be separated from their bodies again. The two witnesses must be among those who have never resurrected.

Rod----you are a very good writer----so unusual for you to make
a mistake------""the holy spirit BARES witness...."" <<< nope----
she does not undress the witnesses.......
Your deviant mind or my "mistake"? I never claimed to be good at spelling, grammar or proper English. It is just the opposite as I was busy surviving whilst most were in school being edumacated by the worldly system. I skipped that part and went on to marry, divorce an ass and then raise two children. While raising them I started my own business and hired people to edit, type and all sorts of tedious and minor things I never cared to do all that well. secretaries and lawyer types are a dime a dozen as are pharisees and scribes. You can find them on every other street corner in most towns.

As death is the separation of the body from the spirit, Elijah, Enoch and Moses could not lie in the streets of Jerusalem dead because they are resurrected beings whose spirits will never be separated from their bodies again. The two witnesses must be among those who have never resurrected.
Enoch and Elijah were taken bodily into heaven. The description of the death of Moses permits but does not require that interpretation. So where is the resurrection of the first two?

The ministry, death and resurrection of the two prophets is watched worldwide in real time. Why is this not preached as fulfilled prophecy?

Do you mean "fulfilled prophecy" as you wrote, as in the past? Or is that a typo and you're a dumbshit? Do you mean that the two witnesses will be seen in real time?

Do you mean "fulfilled prophecy" as you wrote, as in the past? Or is that a typo and you're a dumbshit? Do you mean that the two witnesses will be seen in real time?

What else could be meant in context? English must not be your native tongue. rev. 12 was used up until the first TV satellite was launched in the 60s as a means of attacking scripture.

What else could be meant in context? English must not be your native tongue. rev. 12 was used up until the first TV satellite was launched in the 60s as a means of attacking scripture.

the book was written in Greek

Is English your second language? Your writing is still incoherent. And, you repeated your reference to the wrong chapter.

the book was written in Greek

Yes it was and there was a typo Rev 11, not 12. But it is well translated. This part of Revelations scared Calvin so bad that he skipped Revelations in his commentary on the Bible. But you can get an interlinear or multiple ones cheap and check the translation yourself with a concordance which is also cheap just check Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Walmart.com for that matter.

Yes it was and there was a typo Rev 11, not 12. But it is well translated. This part of Revelations scared Calvin so bad that he skipped Revelations in his commentary on the Bible. But you can get an interlinear or multiple ones cheap and check the translation yourself with a concordance which is also cheap just check Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Walmart.com for that matter.

Calvin wasn't scared. I know what Revelation 11 says, and you don't.

I'll probably regret doing so ... but I'm gonna state my take on the two witnesses. It doesn't matter who they were. If they have already come and gone ... fine.
We need not worry about them. If they are gonna do their thing in the future .... then we should know it when we see it (on TV presumably).
I see no reason for us to care who they were or will be.

I'll probably regret doing so ... but I'm gonna state my take on the two witnesses. It doesn't matter who they were. If they have already come and gone ... fine.
We need not worry about them. If they are gonna do their thing in the future .... then we should know it when we see it (on TV presumably).

The two witnesses in rev 11 correspond to the two 'anointed" in Zechariah 4:14 and two shepherd staffs in Zechariah 11:7 which correspond to the two 'others' calling out to each other across the river of time in Dan 12:5 which corresponds to the two trees of life in rev 22.2 .

"On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse."

The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will "celebrate" and make merry by sending each other gifts (rev 11:10)

Sound familiar? Isn't the mass a memorial "celebration" of the torture and death of Jesus? Isn't that odd?

Two witnesses, two olive trees, two lamp stands, two candlesticks, two staffs, two anointed, two "others", two trees of life.

There is only one messiah but Jesus said that he was the first and the last which makes two witnesses.

"And I have other sheep which are not of this fold: those also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and then there shall be one flock, one shepherd. John 10:16

Last edited:

The two witnesses in rev 11 correspond to the two 'anointed" in Zechariah 4:14 and two shepherd staffs in Zechariah 11:7 which correspond to the two 'others' calling out to each other across the river of time in Dan 12:5 which corresponds to the two trees of life in rev 22.2 .

"On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse."

The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will "celebrate" and make merry by sending each other gifts (rev 11:10)

Sound familiar? Isn't the mass a memorial "celebration" of the torture and death of Jesus? Isn't that odd?

Two witnesses, two olive trees, two lamp stands, two candlesticks, two staffs, two anointed, two "others", two trees of life.

There is only one messiah but Jesus said that he was the first and the last which makes two witnesses.

"And I have other sheep which are not of this fold: those also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and then there shall be one flock, one shepherd. John 10:16
So which parts of the bible mean something else than what's written, because now you're quoting it. And who gets to decide what's true and what needs an alternate meaning?

And if John only wants to be the one shepherd of his sheep, what the hell is he doing to them!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Forum List

Back