Rev. Graham: Obama shakes his fist at God

No one would pay any attention to Franklin if not for his father, Billy Graham.

Last edited:
Obama’s case for gay marriage shows that invoking faith isn’t just for conservatives anymore - The Washington Post

You don’t have to be Christian to know the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do to you. In fact, scholars note that it is the one precept common to all major faith traditions. But in his interview with ABC’s Robin Roberts on Wednesday, President Obama cited the Golden Rule as found in Matthew 7:12 when describing the role his Christian faith played in leading him to support same-sex marriage.

“When we think about our faith,” he explained, “the thing at root that we think about is not only Christ sacrificing himself on our behalf, but it’s also the Golden Rule. . . . Treat others the way you would want to be treated.”

Jefferson's comment to the Danbury Baptists were his assurance that we were going to protect religious freedoms, Bozo.

we have freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.

But you are in way, way over your head on this one.

Imagine that.

:lol:

I'm sure that you're aware that Jefferson was a Deist, not a christian. He even wrote his own bible.

I'm sure that you must be aware that the Age of REASON, the Age of Enlightenment .. was a movement away from superstitious gods.

I'm sure you're aware that the Founders did not see America as a christian nation.

I've got chunks of guys like you in my stool.

This ain't my first rodeo.

:lol::lol::lol:

The funny part about this forum is that you hard Leftist freaks think you are actually representative of our center right Christian Nation.

LOL

You do know your Christian religion looks down upon homosexuals like yourself, don't you?

Don't hate the queers!

Hate the queer behavior and their enablers - like Obama.

We don't hate religious nuts like you, we don't even hate religion...we just hate your sins you commit in the name of your religions.

6a00d83451af9f69e201157159b50e970b-pi

And I have no doubt you really believe that pic.

The funny part about this forum is that you hard Leftist freaks think you are actually representative of our center right Christian Nation.

LOL

It's not center right. Just because right wing fanatics control the Republican Party does not make the country center right. The biggest problem in this country is that loonbats like you and loonbats on the opposite side are the ones controlling the debate. It's truly pathetic that those in the middle have allowed this to happen. Instead of the middle taking control, they have moved to join either the rabid right or rabid left. The only difference there is that the rabid left is actually closer to the center than the rabid right. That is why you will have a hard time finding a moderate Republican, because they all have been chased from the party. Just look at how any moderate Republicans are being pushed out within the party. Lugar is just the most recent example. It's the reason I left the party, and the more stupid rightwing batshit crazy stuff I hear from the right, the further it pushes me to the left.

Last edited:

LOL

“As the government of the United States of America is not on any sense founded on the Christian Religion, – as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Musselmen (Muslims), – and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.” –Treaty of Tripoli

–initiated under President George Washington, 1796

–signed into law by President John Adams, 1797

–ratified unanimously by the Senate, 1797

–Published in full in all 13 states, with no record of complaint or dissent.

“But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed.”–John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

“History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purpose.” –Thomas Jefferson to Baron von Humboldt, 1813

“Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise.” –James Madison, letter to William Bradford, April 1, 1774

Would you like to get into dueling Founding Father quotes on how how horribly astray you Marxists have taken us from First Principles, Dick Suck?

You will lose.

'We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

- John Adams

Would you like to get into dueling Founding Father quotes on how how horribly astray you Marxists have taken us from First Principles, Dick Suck?

You will lose.

'We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

- John Adams

“What influence, in fact, have ecclesiastical establishments had on society? In some instances they have been seen to erect a spiritual tyranny on the ruins of the civil authority; on many instances they have been seen upholding the thrones of political tyranny; in no instance have they been the guardians of the liberties of the people… A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not.” –James Madison, A Memorial and Remonstrance, 1785

Forum List

Back