Returning Vets face high unemployment

This is the mindset that infests the White House:

UN Ambassador Samantha Power Starstruck by Jane Fonda

In case you were wondering what type of individuals are running the country . . .

UN Ambassador Samantha Power this week gushed over meeting leftist activist actress Jane Fonda, known as “Hanoi Jane” for trekking to North Vietnam to cavort with the enemy during the Vietnam War. While there, Fonda posed with Viet Cong soldiers at a missile battery used to, you know, kill Americans.

Power exulted in both the coolness of the moment and Fonda’s political activism, according to Fox News.

“Hi everybody,” Power said, according to a transcript. “You know life has changed when you’re hanging out with Jane Fonda backstage. There is no greater embodiment of being outspoken on behalf of what you believe in — and being ‘all in’ in every way — than Jane Fonda. And it’s a huge honor just to even briefly have shared the stage with her.

I don’t know. I liked Fonda in Klute. But really, we have the UN ambassador beside herself over a woman who betrayed our troops?

This is the mindset of the administration. It’s the left wing professors you had in college. It’s the movie stars spouting dreamy nonsense about peace, love and understanding. It’s the enraged activist ranting like a deranged pachyderm against the rich. That’s who’s in charge.

Scary? I’ll give you something scarier.

They were elected by American voters, fair and square. Twice.

February3.jpg

^^The people dimocrap scum 'gush' over^^

And if you vote for dimocrap scum, you're a scumbag too.

Period

Oh please, get over it.

If someone was provided a good technical trade from the military, they should have it made. After I retired, my resume was chock full of marketable skills and I was able to write my own ticket.

Unfortunately, many people do not pick up marketable skills while in the service. You have to achieve high test scores when you enter the military to even be offered the training for those skills.

The chief advantage a vet has, though, is that a vet is not a quitter. A vet is dependable. A vet shows up to work on time, every day. Snow won't stop him. Hurricanes won't stop him. Earthquakes won't stop him. Your whole company can fail to show up to work in the middle of really bad weather or disaster, and the vet will show up, wondering why the pussies couldn't make it in.

And a vet almost never calls in sick.

You give a vet a chance, you won't regret it.

I've said it before but it's too bad most corporations aren't the least bit patriotic. Otherwise, they might feel some responsibility for paying back the service that vets have provided. However, many people on this forum feel that the ONLY obligation a corporation has is to make a profit for their shareholders. You guys want to explain to a vet why you feel that way?

Last edited:
If someone was provided a good technical trade from the military, they should have it made. After I retired, my resume was chock full of marketable skills and I was able to write my own ticket.

Unfortunately, many people do not pick up marketable skills while in the service. You have to achieve high test scores when you enter the military to even be offered the training for those skills.

The chief advantage a vet has, though, is that a vet is not a quitter. A vet is dependable. A vet shows up to work on time, every day. Snow won't stop him. Hurricanes won't stop him. Earthquakes won't stop him. Your whole company can fail to show up to work in the middle of really bad weather or disaster, and the vet will show up, wondering why the pussies couldn't make it in.

And a vet almost never calls in sick.

You give a vet a chance, you won't regret it.

I've said it before but it's too bad most corporations aren't the least bit patriotic. They might feel some responsibility for paying back the service that vets have provided. However, many people on this forum feel that the ONLY obligation a corporation has is to make a profit for their shareholders. You guys want to explain to a vet why you feel that way?
because that is the way they operate, money is the #1 reason for a corporation to exists, patriotism is only good at selling goods.

Most young people who go into the service do so because they are not interested in or are not college material and they have no other seriously saleable skills. The military is an option to work and support yourself. The military used to train people in certain skills; for example, while in the army, my father was trained to be an electrician, and later in life, he made a career of it. Maybe today they don't train service men and women for a trade? Others who have done their bit in the military have been able to go to college or vocational school on the GI Bill. Is that no longer available? I know people whose only reason to go into the military was to earn enough credit to be able to go to school on the GI Bill. The fact remains, that most kids who join the military are not marketable employees, and if they don't learn a marketable skill there or don't train in one after, they are likely to be unemployed.

BTW, it is not at all the rule that a vet is more reliable than any other employee. In fact, many vets have substance abuse problems, which make them much more unreliable than the average employee.

Last edited:
Democrats tied in a funding for terrorists rider to the vet benefit bill and it failed. This is what they do. Then instead of saying the republicans stopped further terrorist funding, they say republicans stopped a bill to benefit veterans.

veterans have it better than vets did 30 years ago in the range of employment after active duty..
But there is plenty of work to those willing and able.

Forum List

Back