Retreads: is there a policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
When people are banned and I'm not still quite up to date on how this goes, what is the policy of the board on a retread?

Do you want them reported?

That would fall under this rule:

Socks. If you think someone is a sock by all means report it, we will investigate using the tools at our disposal. If that poster is still around after that then we were unable to determine that poster was a sock and there is no need to continually harangue us over it, I don't care what you believe. Proof, not suspicion is the key.

That would fall under this rule:

Socks. If you think someone is a sock by all means report it, we will investigate using the tools at our disposal. If that poster is still around after that then we were unable to determine that poster was a sock and there is no need to continually harangue us over it, I don't care what you believe. Proof, not suspicion is the key.

I remember reading that when I joined, but had no idea what a "sock" was.

Site rules should be spelled out in plain English, not some insider jargon.

People who are banned, as a general rule, are not allowed to re-register and continue posting.

That is known as "retreading" on some websites, here we just use the term "sock" or "sock puppet" - which refers to anyone who has registered under more than one screen name, whether or not either name has already been banned.

If you suspect someone of being a "retread", report it and we'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back