Restore the sanity

its about damn time
Rally to Restore Sanity - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 9/16/2010 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

time for the normal people to take back the country from the crazies

Seems to me that the "crazies" would be the ones taking their political cues from comedians on television........
Yeah.....whatta tragedy.......

:rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwOqKfEYTg[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCY40EIQ8Gk[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mCDZMWVWuc[/ame]
(Everyone needs a serious-dose o' Danny "The Spaz" Quayle, instead, right?? :rolleyes: )​

Last edited:
Bravo to Jon Stewart for this. :clap2:

I hope like hell it turns out to be a rousing success.

Anyone want to take bets on how little Faux News will cover this?
Kinda like this.....​

"There was this big rally put on by comedians, which many people unfortunately think are news people," said Gretchen Carlson.

After her co-host, Steve Doocy, claimed the rally was "not supposed to be political" yet mainly "beat up on the right," the show aired of clip of Stewart speaking at the rally.

"Yeah, it got political," Gretchen Carlson said after the clip. "And he looks fancy in his suit, like he actually is a real news person."

Murdoch Street Journal

"Buses from New York were ordered for 10,000 people by the Huffington Post. And by last night, 229,000 had RSVP’d as attending on Facebook. (There were also 111,261 “maybe attending,” 243,040 “not attending” and 10,000 who hadn’t answered yet.)"

Last edited:
The gloriously funny part of this is how so many on the left totally missed Stewart's jib at them! That's really, really, funny.

nancy_pelosi.jpg

Yup these crazies gotta go. Hopefully sanity will be restored tomorrow. Bye Bye Democrats.

Btw,neither Stewart or Colbert claimed that their event was a Democratic Party event. I love how the Democrats on this board are trying to make that event all about them. Guess what Dems,it wasn't. It was not a Democratic Party event. Just ask Stewart and Colbert if you don't believe me. Nice try though. ;)

"Jon Stewart’s “Rally to Restore Sanity” drew one of the largest crowds in the recent history of Washington – packing 11 city blocks of the National Mall and spilling over into side streets that were nearly impassable."

:eusa_whistle:

I guess you still haven't worked out who Stewart was criticizing with his closing speech, huh? :eusa_whistle:
You're obviously referring-to (in your sophomoric/Elementary-School-guessing-game-style) Stewart's <SLAP> at cable-news.

In his amateurish-effort at bipartisanship/even-handedness....he's obviously forgotten that.....FAUX Noise LIES!!!!

What Olbermann apparently forgets (and, you most-likely never knew), is....Stewart's long-term gripe has always been what's happened at CNN (ever since Ted Turner sold-out controlling-interest).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE[/ame]​

Btw,neither Stewart or Colbert claimed that their event was a Democratic Party event. I love how the Democrats on this board are trying to make that event all about them.
....But, you forgot to point-out who (here) said that, right?? :rolleyes:

As usual, your FAUX-Noise-style allegation exposes you for the liar you are.​

To: Shaman and the lefty lackeys.

Re: Restore Sanity

Comedians typically make fun of all political leanings. It is where ever the best material comes from at the moment. Obama is the one terming conservatives and Republicans the enemy. That is where the fear factor is being generated. Try not to drink too many of your troubles away this evening and the following day.

Obama tried to work with conservatives ...and they vilified him to the point of being unable to work with him. Biden even schooled Cantor during the Kabuki theater of a televised healthcare conference...showed him how many of the healthcare reforms STARTED as Republican ideas.

Don't come crying now saying Obama called us enemies. I've seen the quote. He's calling you political adversaries. Oooohhh he used the word enemy. Give me a fucking break. The president has always been the leader of whatever party he's in..republican or democrat. If you think that the leader of a political party doesnt have opponents or adversaries...you're naive or retarded.

Obama tried to work with conservatives ...and they vilified him to the point of being unable to work with him.
....And, Republicans were so amateurish as to go-public with their tactics!!!! :eusa_eh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHV4nDS501Y[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hYK5PkLdE8&feature=related[/ame]​

Obama tried to work with conservatives ...and they vilified him to the point of being unable to work with him. Biden even schooled Cantor during the Kabuki theater of a televised healthcare conference...showed him how many of the healthcare reforms STARTED as Republican ideas.

Don't come crying now saying Obama called us enemies. I've seen the quote. He's calling you political adversaries. Oooohhh he used the word enemy. Give me a fucking break. The president has always been the leader of whatever party he's in..republican or democrat. If you think that the leader of a political party doesnt have opponents or adversaries...you're naive or retarded.

If he meant adversary, he should have used that word. Opponent would have been a good choice too. Yet, the word he chose to use and meant it to the audience he was speaking to was, enemy. That word has a very specific meaning. He owes a clarification to everyone. The great divider has struck again.

Nice job digging in your heels...but you still fail. You're not willing to use the correct interpretation of the word..and that's intellectually dishonest.

Even taking your meaning of the word, you still fail. Tancredo called the president the enemy of the constitution...where is your outrage at that? Of course. You have none. And no respect for the office of the presidency. I know you'll come back with some attempted character assassination..but that'll fail too.

You have no valid response for the fact that many of the ideas in the healthcare bill were republican. Answer that. If you post anything other than a response to that one...I'll ignore you because you don't want to have a real back and forth on something substantive.

Excuse me? Obama tried to work with conservatives? When was this, and was it in this reality, or the one you access when the meds are particularly good?

I couldn't care less about "Republican ideas". All it takes to be a Republican is checking the appropriate box on your voter registration. Show me that anything in that noxious healthcare law was a CONSERVATIVE idea, and then we'll talk.

If George W. Bush - who actually DID try to work with Democrats, time and again - had ever used the word "enemies" for his political adversaries, you'd have been shitting your frillies, so don't even try on that "give me a break" bullshit now, like it's no big deal. There's a big difference between considering someone an adversary or opponent, and considering him an enemy, but you only seem to fucking realize it when it's a Republican saying it.

Speaking of naive or retarded . . .

Nice job digging in your heels...but you still fail. You're not willing to use the correct interpretation of the word..and that's intellectually dishonest.

Even taking your meaning of the word, you still fail. Tancredo called the president the enemy of the constitution...where is your outrage at that? Of course. You have none. And no respect for the office of the presidency. I know you'll come back with some attempted character assassination..but that'll fail too.

You have no valid response for the fact that many of the ideas in the healthcare bill were republican. Answer that. If you post anything other than a response to that one...I'll ignore you because you don't want to have a real back and forth on something substantive.

I may have failed to convince you, but the point is still very valid. Obama is the enemy of the Constitution when he attempts to circumvent it by adminstrative law or failing to uphold immigration laws. The correct use of enemy is evident. You seem to want to go down the list of possible meanings to protect your political view.

The thread is about restoring sanity. You are attempting to derail that with a discussion on healthcare reform. Obamacare is no longer a bill, but law. Little of it bears any resemblance to ideas put forth by Republicans a long time ago. None of it is a concession to what Republicans asked from Obama at the conference.

Yea you know the Democrats are pretty desperate at this point. Stewart & Colbert said repeatedly that their event was not a Democratic Party or Republican Party event. But look at all the desperate Democrats on this board trying to claim the event was all about them. They completely missed the whole point of the rally. Such delusional wingnuts. It wasn't all about them. That's all just in their tiny little minds.

crazy-nancy.jpg

Yea no one's more Bat-Shit crazy than this loon. Sanity will be restored when her and Reid are gone. Hopefully this will happen soon.

Yea you know the Democrats are pretty desperate at this point. Stewart & Colbert said repeatedly that their event was not a Democratic Party or Republican Party event. But look at all the desperate Democrats on this board trying to claim the event was all about them.
....But, you forgot to point-out who (here) said that, right?? :rolleyes:

As usual, your FAUX-Noise-style allegation exposes you for the liar you are.​

Forum List

Back