restaurants that long been closed

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
I remember this one restaurant that Govt types ate at when i lived in Maryland and was in Arlington Va, called Tom Sarris Orleans House.

I even remember the salad bar as it was.

Long been closed.

I remember eating at a Sambo's when I was a child. The last one (in Santa Barbara) was renamed in 2020.
SAMBOS.jpg

I remember eating at a Sambo's when I was a child. The last one (in Santa Barbara) was renamed in 2020.
View attachment 761240
Around here in the Dallas area, I remember going to some Dennys that had taken over the Sambo's buildings.
I remember those buildings, but they were all converted to Dennys before fast food places had a big boom in business.....then Dennys builth thier own restaurants and moved to different locations around the city. The old Sambo's buildings were torn down.

Then there was Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation in other locations)

COVID shutdowns screwed the all-you-can-eat self-serve salad bar buffet concept.

Enjoyed many lunches there.

Surprised to learn Fresh Choice (a rival to Sweet Tomatoes) went defunct long before (I thought COVID killed them too, but they went under eight years prior)

There was a Red Barn restaurant near where I live. Vaguely remembering dining there once.

View attachment 761250View attachment 761251

Lots of places that were popular in other states didn't make it here in Texas. Red Barn, Krystals, White Castle, and a few others I remember tried setting up here in Texas, but they just didn't make it here.

The Red Barn buildings were apparently perfect for mom and pop restaurants, as when Red Barn left and the private citizens that wanted their own burger places, bought the old Red Barns and a few of the buildings still exist.

Then there was Sweet Tomatoes (Souplantation in other locations)

COVID shutdowns screwed the all-you-can-eat self-serve salad bar buffet concept.

Enjoyed many lunches there.

Surprised to learn Fresh Choice (a rival to Sweet Tomatoes) went defunct long before (I thought COVID killed them too, but they went under eight years prior)

Yeah, Fresh Choice went from restaurant to online grocery sales.

I went to Sweet Tomatoes once. I liked it. Thier cornbread was freeking awesome. Their soups were ok, but I loved their choices of strange salad recipes.

Forum List

Back