Republicans Who Desire Success for The Obama Administration: Seriously?

Are there any republicans who want to see The Obama Administration succeed?

I'm not thrilled with the guy, and I find the democrats in congress to be just as bought, paid for and vile as their republican opponents, but not to the point of actively supporting folks who're working hard to undermine the government.... And what's with republicans and defense spending?

Doesn't 'working hard to see to it that the Executive Branch fails' equate to treason?

:eusa_think: Do conservatives actually WANT to bring down all aspects of government except the military?

Does that thought frighten anyone but me? I can't imagine American Soldiers firing on Americans, and then I remember Kent State.....

What the fuck, Cons? What's the goal here?
I wouldn't say all Republicans want to bring down the government but the far Right certainly does. They believe that only by destroying what exist now can real change be accomplished. This is why they are not concerned with unemployment or economic progress. In fact, economic disaster would push the Left out of government and make possible the end game, restoring states rights and removing practically all governmental functions except defense.

You realize, don't you, that The Republican Party was pretty much formed to preserve The Union and prosecute the Civil War, eh? Lincoln was their first president. This republican conundrum is simply baffling!

Hated GWB, couldn't stand him. Thought the majority of his policies were BS. However, when it comes down to it, he may have been the worlds biggest Jackass, but he was our worlds biggest Jackass. You don't have to like Obama, and wanting to see him fail is fine as well, but actively working to see him fail is another story. Working to see him fail is akin to working to see America fail.

As you learn in the military, you don't have to respect the man, but you do have to respect the rank.

We respect him every bit as much as you assholes respected President Bush. That's all you will ever get.. Ya reaps what ya sows.

Succeed at what? If you mean fix the economy and balance the budget sure I want him to succeed. If you mean furthering his leftist agenda, then Hell no I want him to fail.

What is his 'leftist agenda'? You make it sound like he's conspiring to invade Canada.

I am not a Republican but I am a conservative.

I personally do not want him to fail even though I don't like many of the policies he is pushing our way because failure for him is the failure our nation. I'd rather he succeed than to see our nation fail under any circumstances.

Immie

Succeed at what? If you mean fix the economy and balance the budget sure I want him to succeed. If you mean furthering his leftist agenda, then Hell no I want him to fail.

What is his 'leftist agenda'? You make it sound like he's conspiring to invade Canada.

It's just a loose term I use to describe the bulk of his polices and plans. Which seem to all lead to one thing. Expansion of Government bureaucracy and Spending. It may not be an accurate term to use but I like it. :)

But then I am not really a Republican Anyways. I mean right now I am leaning there way because the Dems seem to be controlled by the far left of the party, But I am no Loyal GOP guy. I just want spending under control, a Limited Fed that sticks to the basic functions given to it in the constitution, and practical common sense government. Ideologues on both sides scare the hell out of me, and believe it or not Obama is indeed an ideologue. Even if it is hard to define his ideology.

Until the Obama administration stops attempting to impliment policies that will destroy this nation, i will continue to wish them to not succeed at implimenting those policies. Why would I want anyone to succeed at destroying my country?

I'm not thrilled with the guy, and I find the democrats in congress to be just as bought, paid for and vile as their republican opponents, but not to the point of actively supporting folks who're working hard to undermine the government.... And what's with republicans and defense spending?

Doesn't 'working hard to see to it that the Executive Branch fails' equate to treason?

:eusa_think: Do conservatives actually WANT to bring down all aspects of government except the military?

Does that thought frighten anyone but me? I can't imagine American Soldiers firing on Americans, and then I remember Kent State.....

What the fuck, Cons? What's the goal here?
I wouldn't say all Republicans want to bring down the government but the far Right certainly does. They believe that only by destroying what exist now can real change be accomplished. This is why they are not concerned with unemployment or economic progress. In fact, economic disaster would push the Left out of government and make possible the end game, restoring states rights and removing practically all governmental functions except defense.

You realize, don't you, that The Republican Party was pretty much formed to preserve The Union and prosecute the Civil War, eh? Lincoln was their first president. This republican conundrum is simply baffling!
There is a huge gulf between mainstream republicans and the far right. I know a lot of republicans, a number in my family. They are not looking to abolish most of the government. They are just looking for a reduction in government spending, not turning back the clock a hundred years.

AVG-JOE,
Did I just stumble into a gold mine? You are channeling my thoughts. By the few comments that I have read within this thread, your thinking is very integrated. That makes you a powerful and effective advocate. The more I travel around in this forum and others, I am finding that there are a bunch of sleeping giants, more than I imagined; I am gratified and fortified.

I will vote for Obama because I would never vote for any Republican that I have ever heard of due to their wrong headed philosophies, but we need a much better leader than Obama, FDR comes to mind if he were alive, all things considered.

The challenge in these forums is not to get bored as all the right wingers say the very same things in much the same way. What is perplexing is why they aren't bored with themselves.

The central issue, in my view, is why the country isn't doing well for ALL its citizens. The answer lies in the ability to see the big picture and accurately analyize the components. It's like putting together a puzzle with a 1,000 small pieces; you won't know where the pieces go, and you will spend all your time working with one or two pieces if you don't have actual knowledge of the final picture.

If you are OK with the concentration of wealth and income at the top, and you wish it was more so, then you are a Republican. If you want health, happiness, saftey and a comfort level beyond mere subsistance to be realistically available for a much greater proportion than just the 30% (or fewer) at the top, then you are neither a Republican nor a Libertarian. However if you do want an equitable (not necessarily equal) parity in this nation yet you still vote Republican, then you are confused, mistaken, or just plain duped.

Last edited:

I personally do not want him to fail even though I don't like many of the policies he is pushing our way because failure for him is the failure our nation. I'd rather he succeed than to see our nation fail under any circumstances.

Immie

So if he succeedes and you already said there are many of his policies you don't like wouldn't that suggest that his policies will make America fail?

It's just a loose term I use to describe the bulk of his polices and plans. Which seem to all lead to one thing. Expansion of Government bureaucracy and Spending. It may not be an accurate term to use but I like it. :)

But then I am not really a Republican Anyways. I mean right now I am leaning there way because the Dems seem to be controlled by the far left of the party, But I am no Loyal GOP guy. I just want spending under control, a Limited Fed that sticks to the basic functions given to it in the constitution, and practical common sense government. Ideologues on both sides scare the hell out of me, and believe it or not Obama is indeed an ideologue. Even if it is hard to define his ideology.

I'm with you on the spending - it's time to take a scissor to the Chinese credit card. They just don't get it - I'm all for cuts, but taxes have to be fair, defense has to be on the table, and if we stop investing in primary education, the lowest classes, those needing the most help, will grow exponentially. Not to imply that 'education' doesn't need to be administered way differently than it has been. I believe more local control would be an improvement.

Immie

So if he succeedes and you already said there are many of his policies you don't like wouldn't that suggest that his policies will make America fail?

Only if I know everything... which, sadly, I must admit I do not.

But even so, even if all the policies I, myself, would have implemented were to be implemented and would prove to be a thousand times more successful than the President's, that does not preclude his success from keeping this country successful.

On the other hand, his failure may very well destroy this country.

I hardly think you care to see that happen any more than I do.

Immie

Last edited:
Until the Obama administration stops attempting to impliment policies that will destroy this nation, i will continue to wish them to not succeed at implimenting those policies. Why would I want anyone to succeed at destroying my country?

What makes you think his desire is to destroy the nation?

Because you have to destroy it before you can "fundamentally change it."

AVG-JOE,
Did I just stumble into a gold mine? You are channeling my thoughts. By the few comments that I have read within this thread, your thinking is very integrated. That makes you a powerful and effective advocate. The more I travel around in this forum and others, I am finding that there are a bunch of sleeping giants, more than I imagined; I am gratified and fortified.

I will vote for Obama because I would never vote for any Republican that I have ever heard of due to their wrong headed philosophies, but we need a much better leader than Obama, FDR comes to mind if he were alive, all things considered.

The challenge in these forums is not to get bored as all the right wingers say the very same things in much the same way. What is perplexing is why they aren't bored with themselves.

The central issue, in my view, is why the country isn't doing well for ALL its citizens. The answer lies in the ability to see the big picture and accurately analyize the components. It's like putting together a puzzle with a 1,000 small pieces; you won't know where the pieces go, and you will spend all your time working with one or two pieces if you don't have actual knowledge of the final picture.

If you are OK with the concentration of wealth and income at the top, and you wish it was more so, then you are a Republican. If you want health, happiness, saftey and a comfort level beyond mere subsistance to be realistically available for a much greater proportion than just the 30% (or fewer) at the top, then you are neither a Republican nor a Libertarian. However if you do want an equitable (not necessarily equal) parity in this nation yet you still vote Republican, then you are confused, mistaken, or just plain duped.

Truth be told, the closest thing I have to alignment with a real party is Libertarian... at least with regards to ideology. The Libertarians have fielded their share of idiots as candidates, but I like their Classic Liberal philosophy.

I don't remember Obama ever saying he wanted to "fundamentally change" the nation. I remember him saying he wanted to "fundamentally change" the way Washington did business - which would be neither bad or destructive.

I don't remember Obama ever saying he wanted to "fundamentally change" the nation. I remember him saying he wanted to "fundamentally change" the way Washington did business - which would be neither bad or destructive.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cqN4NIEtOY]YouTube - Obama: We are 5 days from FUNDAMENTALly transforming America[/ame]

Immie

But even so, even if all the policies I, myself, would have implemented were to be implemented and would prove to be a thousand times more successful than the President's, that does not preclude his success from keeping this country successful.

Immie

ok let's do it this way. What policies does he have that you would say was good for America?

Immie

Immie

Can you explain how this massive debt he is accumulating can be good for the country? How does this keep the country successful?

Forum List

Back