Republicans taking Blame for Shutdown - Polls

LOL Dixecrats LOL Stop trying to pass your racist past on to us Democrats...YOU created the KKK You were the confederate slave owners YOU made Jim Crow laws YOU attempt genocide with abortion YOU enslave with welfare YOU make schools in black districts worse and thus them more stupid.

LOL Dixecrats LOL Stop trying to pass your racist past on to us Democrats...YOU created the KKK You were the confederate slave owners YOU made Jim Crow laws YOU attempt genocide with abortion YOU enslave with welfare YOU make schools in black districts worse and thus them more stupid.

Southern Democrats were not the same as modern day democrats. The only reason they voted democrat was because they didn't want to elect the party of Lincoln.

Southern Democrats were not the same as modern day democrats. The only reason they voted democrat was because they didn't want to elect the party of Lincoln.

They are the same. Maybe your just to stupid to see it. They are racist pigs that hate the republic. They never strayed far from their Confederate roots.

Dixiecrats were democrats who were dead set against everyone having the same rights. When the Democrats under LBJ committed to equal rights, they left the Democratic Party for the GOP. That was the beginning of the rise of the Democrats and the fall of the Republicans.

I remember it well as that's when the Republican Party left me.

Dixiecrats were democrats who were dead set against everyone having the same rights. When the Democrats under LBJ committed to equal rights, they left the Democratic Party for the GOP. That was the beginning of the rise of the Democrats and the fall of the Republicans.

What bullshit again,..... Next your going to lie and say there was some magical shift in ideology between democrat racists like you and republicans like me.

What bullshit again,..... Next your going to lie and say there was some magical shift in ideology between democrat racists like you and republicans like me.

Ahhh, another learning opportunity for you. Whether or not you, personally, are a Dixiecrat (southern Democrat), is immaterial to knowing about them because they are such a vocal component now of your Republican Party.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Democrats

As much as I hate to say it, PMZ's point does have some merit. While there are plenty of dixiecrats in the democrat party, down here in the republican states quite a few of the RINOs are quite litterally ex dixiecrat liberals who simply switched hats and claimed to now be republicans so that they could infiltrate and hold power over republican states. For example, Governor Perry is a Dixiecrat. Comes from a long family of KKK members. Was a democrat right up to the day Bush hired him as Lt. Governor for Texas. Boom, hey guys I'm a republican now.

As much as I hate to say it, PMZ's point does have some merit. While there are plenty of dixiecrats in the democrat party, down here in the republican states quite a few of the RINOs are quite litterally ex dixiecrat liberals who simply switched hats and claimed to now be republicans so that they could infiltrate and hold power over republican states. For example, Governor Perry is a Dixiecrat. Comes from a long family of KKK members. Was a democrat right up to the day Bush hired him as Lt. Governor for Texas. Boom, hey guys I'm a republican now.

The majority of the Tea Party is from the South. Especially Texas and Louisiana.

What's liberal about wanting different rights for different people?

It sounds very conservative to me, being so self centered and all.

The majority of the Tea Party is from the South. Especially Texas and Louisiana.

True, but I would not call any of it's leaders dixiecrats. Rubio and Cruz appear, to me, to be real deal conservatives. Rubio more so, in so far as I believe him when he speaks. Cruz is a lawyer a bit to slick for me. I don't get a good feeling about him.

Thanks. I feel so much better when I can point to your dribble vs. having to defend something you said. What a retard you are.

Thanks. I feel so much better when I can point to your dribble vs. having to defend something you said. What a retard you are.

I guess that asking conservatives questions about that which they've established an indefensible position on, irritates them.

I guess that's why I keep doing it. Retribution for their incessant insults to my country.

While Rick used to be a Democratic, he actually switched to the GOP (or at least announced the switch) LONG before you claim he did: September 29, 1989.

He didn't become Lt. Governor until early 1999.

True, but I would not call any of it's leaders dixiecrats. Rubio and Cruz appear, to me, to be real deal conservatives. Rubio more so, in so far as I believe him when he speaks. Cruz is a lawyer a bit to slick for me. I don't get a good feeling about him.

Nobody has established any real distinction between ''real deal conservatives'' and Dixiecrats.

While Rick used to be a Democratic, he actually switched to the GOP (or at least announced the switch) LONG before you claim he did: September 29, 1989.

I don't remember seeing any "announcement" I understand he would like to back date his change as far as possible and no one really believes he was running Al Gore's campaign in 1989 because he thought Al Gore was a conservative. I've seen statements like "began" the process of switching in 89... but I don't see any evidence of how he supposedly began that process. Unless he's talking about some secret meeting of democrats that decided to leverage into the republican party as a hostile takeover of compassionate conservative ex-democrats looking to show the republican party the way.

Nobody has established any real distinction between ''real deal conservatives'' and Dixiecrats.

Correct.

The Republican Party needs to learn that we are a democracy, not a plutocracy. We are governed of the people, by the people, for the people. We don't do plutocrats, aristocrats or royalty. We pass laws democratically and are a land of law.

They think that from the position of a small majority in the house, they are entitled to impose on the middle class what is best for the wealthy.

They need to be taught. They need us the creators of wealth, the middle class, the workers. We don't need them. If they can't live with democracy, move.

The middle class built this country and defended this country and created our democracy from their plutocracy. When they said that they needed to own people to do their work, we said no. When they said that women aren't fit to vote we said no. When they said poor people have fewer rights than rich people we said no. When they said that education is only needed for the special ones, we said no. When they said only wealth entitles people to health care, we said no.

Now they are saying that our government is theirs, and only they should decide what we can afford. That if we don't have bread we should eat cake.

This is not new. What would be new would be a middle class who didn't know how to treat people who felt entitled.

The House needs to be taught right now that it's not their country. They need to feel democracy on election days. They need to be shown that they may think that they are entitled, but as long as there is an American middle class, we will manage our government just fine.

When did we become a democracy? Last time I checked, I could have SWORN we were a republic. Where was I when that changed?

We are a Republic. That means that we don't have a monarch.

Democracy refers to how we make decisions. Voting. Majority rules. That's how we, the people, elect representatives. That’s how our representatives pass laws. That’s how SCOTUS makes Constitutionality decisions.

We are a Constitutional representative democratic Republic.

Nice try, Punkin, but no soap. We're not a true democracy, never have been, and have never been intended to be. And no matter how much you like to mouth that particular buzz word to jazz up the low-info voters, I really doubt we ever will be.

We are a Republic. That means that we don't have a monarch.

Democracy refers to how we make decisions. Voting. Majority rules. That's how we, the people, elect representatives. That’s how our representatives pass laws. That’s how SCOTUS makes Constitutionality decisions.

We are a Constitutional representative democratic Republic.

Why do people think that being a republic and being a democracy are mutually exclusive?

Good question. I have no idea. Must be someone told them and they believed it without checking it out.

Yeah, the people who told me that would be our Founding Fathers, who - despite the left's utterly undeserved sense of superiority - were entire orders of magnitude wiser than anything running around gabbling in politics today, and who deeply and profoundly feared the mob rule of democracy, and proudly gave us a republic instead.

FYI, you might want to save your reverent chanting of "democracy!" as though it's some sort of holy talisman, automatically assumed and accepted by everyone as a good thing, for the low-info voters. Doesn't really work around here.

Is that right, Professor Dipshit? So tell me, what were those old-timey Democrats before the "party of Lincoln", which you claim was their ONLY reason for voting Democrat THAT time around, came into existence? And please do - since you're such a historical expert - be prepared to show proof of this sudden shift in party membership.

But you understand that you're still working on the clearly-outdated notion that words still mean things, right? Dixiecrat USED to be a word with the specific meaning of "a member of the Dixiecrat Party (States' Rights Party)". Now, according to these chuckleheads, it has no meaning at all, other than a vague notion of "someone who used to be a Democrat and is now a Republican".

Under the ACTUAL meaning of the word - now only recognized by boringly pedantic people with educations - Governor Perry couldn't possibly be, or ever have been, a Dixiecrat, because he's not old enough. But fuck that. Who needs to have words mean things, just because we're having a debate?

Forum List

Back