If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

If it wasn't standard operating procedure for Republicans, maybe the public would believe them

If you don't concede to our demands, we will shut down Government

Once Government is shut down, it is YOUR fault because you didn't concede to our demands

Seriously...just for a moment imagine that it is 2006 and it is Nancy Pelosi threatening to shut down the government if her budget that did not include tax cuts for the rich were passed.

Oh the things the Fox heads would be calling her right now...

The GOP has been trying two things..

Lay the blame on Obama. Lay the blame on Cruz.

Neither is working.

I think you will find they are working better than expected SFBs! Also, liberal poll sources are usually manipulated.

The blame WOULD be primarily caused by Obama and Reid! Citizens are realizing that more than they did in the past.:cool:

Isn't Black Jimmy Obama the "leader" of the nation? He sure as shit is, and the fucking Libberhoids continue to suck his ass and blame Republicans....

Take some responsibility for once, assholes.

Seriously...just for a moment imagine that it is 2006 and it is Nancy Pelosi threatening to shut down the government if her budget that did not include tax cuts for the rich were passed.

Oh the things the Fox heads would be calling her right now...

Yeah, imagine that, you fucking dingbat. Well, it's 2013 - and... Nancy Pelosi absent for CR vote - Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

What does that have to do with what I said? From your article:

“Speaker Boehner has told me he has the votes for his proposals on his side of the aisle and that he will not need our help,” Pelosi (D-Calif.) wrote in a letter to colleagues. “I have been in contact with our leadership team and Members, and we appreciate the united front from Members as we proceed.”

She should miss her 50th wedding anniversary to get sloshed with the Boehner?

Congressmen Booze As Government Shutdown Looms

Neither is working.

I think you will find they are working better than expected SFBs! Also, liberal poll sources are usually manipulated.

The blame WOULD be primarily caused by Obama and Reid! Citizens are realizing that more than they did in the past.:cool:

:lol:

Conservatives still denying polls

Karl Rove and Dick Morris would be proud

One would think that the party that has been bitching about government for the last 40 years would be proud of shutting ours down.

But instead they want to blame everybody else for their actions.

Republican Party tools are basically cowards when it comes to taking responsibility for the actions

She should miss her 50th wedding anniversary to get sloshed with the Boehner?

She feels her personal needs are before the country's.

You side with that logic?

You're a fucking moron.

“Speaker Boehner has told me he has the votes for his proposals on his side of the aisle and that he will not need our help,” Pelosi (D-Calif.) wrote in a letter to colleagues. “I have been in contact with our leadership team and Members, and we appreciate the united front from Members as we proceed.”

Her presence would not matter one way or the other. If she were needed, she would be there.

But that still doesn't address what I said. I could just imagine how twisted your big girl panties would be if it were Pelosi threatening to shut down the government or default on the nation's credit if she didn't get what she wanted but could not accomplish legislatively.

Treasonous traitor would be the least of them.

The house has passed a sensible bill that would fund every aspect of govt and delay the implementation of ACA for one year. The dems admit that there are a lot of problems with the bill, the unions don't want it, 65% of america does not want it in its current form.

if Reid and obama do not agree with the sensible house bill and allow the govt to shut down, then its all on them. Their refusal to compromise would be the reason for the shutdown and the american people are smart enough to realize that, even though the MSM will lie about it.

One would think that the party that has been bitching about government for the last 40 years would be proud of shutting ours down.

But instead they want to blame everybody else for their actions.

Republican Party tools are basically cowards when it comes to taking responsibility for the actions

Has the dem party taken responsibility for the terrible piece of legislation called ACA? They know its a piece of crap, the unions hate it. Why are the dems so brain dead that they cannot admit that it needs fixing?

Neither is working.

That's right, every single pollster is screwed except for unskewed polls, which was the #1 most accurate by a longshot in the 2012 elections :lol::lol:

The house has passed a sensible bill that would fund every aspect of govt and delay the implementation of ACA for one year. The dems admit that there are a lot of problems with the bill, the unions don't want it, 65% of america does not want it in its current form.

if Reid and obama do not agree with the sensible house bill and allow the govt to shut down, then its all on them. Their refusal to compromise would be the reason for the shutdown and the american people are smart enough to realize that, even though the MSM will lie about it.

The right wingers are acting like a bunch of 2 year olds that isn't get their way, so they are throwing a tantrum on epic proportions.

There is no negotiating with the affordable care act, it's already been passed into law. What is so hard for the right wing idiots to understand about that?

If it was passed into law, obama couldn't change it at his whim. He is. Congress has to pass funding and they aren't.

Let obama shut down the government by vetoing the funding for the whole government to save his pet.

If you don't like legally passed (and upheld by the SCOTUS) legislation, you repeal it legislatively, you don't hold the government and the full faith and credit of the United States hostage because you can't do it the legal and legislative way.

Answer honestly, how would you have reacted in 2006 if Pelosi had done this over the Bush tax cuts?

The Dems are already in violation of the law. They have decided without Congressional consent to push back areas of the law that they are having problems with.

Since when have they given a damn about the law, except when it suits their agenda. The GOP has offered them an out for 1 year, as they get their shit together.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2013/images/09/11/rel8g.pdf

Question 13
If the federal government shuts down, do you
think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in Congress
would be more responsible for that?

Obama 33%
Republicans 51%
Both 12%
Neither 3%
No opinion 1%

CNN Poll: Who would get blamed for government shutdown? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If the government shuts down, the Republicans in Congress may take more of the blame: 44 percent of Americans say they would blame the Republicans in Congress more if there is a partial shutdown of the federal government on Oct. 1, while fewer - 35 percent - would put more of the blame on Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress. Sixteen percent volunteer that they would blame both sides equally.

Poll Results - Bloomberg

Blame Democrats - 39%
Blame GOP - 45%

Every Poll I'm seeing places the blame on this retarded shutdown on the GOP...and rightfully so. Pushing your own personal agenda through a blackmail threat since you don't have the votes otherwise is truly evil.

The American people correctly understand that funding the government and ensuring the government pays its bills is the responsibility of Congress, not the Executive.

Americans also correctly understand the idiocy of the republican position, that the president must ‘negotiate’ concerning the ACA; a president cannot be compelled to ‘negotiate’ legislation in place for three years. That’s as ridiculous as returning to the dealer from whom you bought your car three years ago and demanding the dealer ‘negotiate’ a new deal.

Funding for the ACA or whether the ACA exists or not is solely the purview of Congress, separate and apart from its responsibility to address the financial well-being of the Nation.

And the fact that republicans continue to fail to repeal the ACA in no way justifies them to hold hostage the economy in an attempt to achieve through threats and intimidation what they’ve failed to accomplish legislatively.

Forum List

Back