Republicans serve the devil his tea.......

You seem to be trying to write off the GOP, as much as I detest the two party system which includes those useless sacks of flesh such as Gingrich, they are no more going away than the Democratic Party did in 04 after they took an ass whupping.

No...not write them off

The political pendulum swings back and forth and the GOP will have its day again. Its just that the Tea Party will not accelerate the process. To gain control you have to govern from the center. The Tea Party which is just rebranded Republican Conservativism, enforces an extremist doctrine and punishes anyone who strays towards the center.

The result will be a diminished Republican base which alienates the majority of Americans who occupy the center politically

Republicans serve the devil his Tea - The Week

The GOP's Faustian bargain with the Tea Party will cost it dearly in 2012 — or sooner
posted on September 16, 2010, at 5:40 PM

From the day this president was inaugurated, the GOP has fed off the forces that coalesced into the angry astringency of the Tea Party movement.

First the GOP maintained lockstep opposition to the stimulus, despite support from Republican economists. Republicans then proliferated lies about health reform — from the chimera of rationing to the nonexistent death panels. They next stoked the fires by pretending that the legislation to crack down on Wall Street was instead a giveaway to Wall Street.

Shrunken and narrowed, the GOP is increasingly dominated by a far-right rump. Republicans are now riding high on the tide of economic discontent. But they are even less popular than the Democrats—and far less popular than Obama — according to The New York Times/CBS poll. Republican leaders miscalculated their way into a place where their own influence has waned: They’ll lose seats in 2010 that they could have won, and they’ve imperiled the customary route to their presidential nomination, strengthening Barack Obama’s prospects for re-election.

Wingy, you are the best!

I just love the fact that you are not only willing and able to champion the lefty view, but come out with predictions, which may very well turn around and bite you on the rear.

You are what makes this board fun and interesting! Kudos!

1. "The GOP's Faustian bargain with the Tea Party..."
I suppose one could post about the internecine battles on the right...but not I!
I'm still basking in the afterglow brought on by your brave, perhaps foolhardy, post.

2. "...GOP maintained lockstep opposition to the stimulus..."
Some would leap at the opportunity to document what a flop the bloated 'scamuous' was, and carp about how many of us on the right predicted same.

But not I!

3. " ...proliferated lies about health reform — from the chimera of rationing to the nonexistent death panels."
Oops...I almost said 'Berwick'....

4. "They’ll lose seats in 2010 that they could have won,..."
Some with less self control might show how this applies to the Democrat ascendancy of '08...but I have said contol!

5. "...strengthening Barack Obama’s prospects for re-election."
There are some who would quickly counter with articles about Hillary, and President Obama pulling a Polk in '12, but I would not even link to Obama might not run in 2012: Finally, something worth supporting! - Philadelphia Camden County Conservative | Examiner.com

Thank you, brave wingy, for the joy and merriment you have brought to my day!
Rest assured, you will be high in my evening devotions.

You seem to be trying to write off the GOP, as much as I detest the two party system which includes those useless sacks of flesh such as Gingrich, they are no more going away than the Democratic Party did in 04 after they took an ass whupping.

No...not write them off

The political pendulum swings back and forth and the GOP will have its day again. Its just that the Tea Party will not accelerate the process. To gain control you have to govern from the center. The Tea Party which is just rebranded Republican Conservativism, enforces an extremist doctrine and punishes anyone who strays towards the center.

The result will be a diminished Republican base which alienates the majority of Americans who occupy the center politically

Where the "center" is, is always a question and moving target, perhaps the center is tired of the shenanigans of both the liberals AND the social/neo con establishment.....God, I hope so anyway.:eusa_pray:

Tea Party Tea Party Tea Party

Why aren't Dem running on their accomplishments, 10% Unemployment, ObamaCare, Gubbamint Motors, crushing debt and deficits, etc?

Last edited:
Tea Party Tea Party Tea Party

What aren't Dem running on their accomplishments, 10% Unemployment, ObamaCare, Gubbamint Motors, crushing debt and deficits, etc?

Their theme song could be
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYRtOPUonA]YouTube - Jackson Browne 1977 Running on Empty[/ame]
Their slogan could be "You've been Punk'd"

Why does the left keep on telling us that we should be afraid of these people. It surely is not from disinterested honest helpfulness. They wouldn't know it if it bit them.

One of Napoleon's first principles is, if an enemy is making a mistake, let them.

LOL, Come on people...remember when they said the Tea Party wasn't of any significance.

Now look at the articles that is being written about them...

We HAVE THEM ON THE RUN..and spinning so hard they have GOT TO BE DIZZY.

lets roll American Tea Party patriots...:clap2:

Last edited:
I like tea. It has lots of anti-oxidants and it tastes good too.

When the Republicans take over the House, do you think they'll serve tea? I might be a good idea. Oh, and maybe some crumpets or those tiny sandwiches with the crust removed too.....

I like tea. It has lots of anti-oxidants and it tastes good too.

When the Republicans take over the House, do you think they'll serve tea? I might be a good idea. Oh, and maybe some crumpets or those tiny sandwiches with the crust removed too.....

:lol::thup:

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you beat the shit out of them in November" Gandhi as channeled by CF

love this graphic

tparty.png

Dems spit shine Satan's Shoes

Dems help Beelzebub cross the street

Dems do all the grocery shopping for a horde of demons

Dems spent their weekend volunteering at a retired goblin home

Dems do all the work for Satan that no American want to do

Brings to mind this interchange between Ann Coulter and an interviewer:

An interviewer asked Ann about the fact that Ronald Reagan’s mother’s name was Nelle, and Ann’s mother is Nell. “What,” he asked, “is a good liberal person’s name?”

Actually, the ingredients are even more precise than that! To ensure a God-fearing, patriotic American, you need a mother named Nell who is a Protestant and a father named Jack who is a Catholic. As for the answer to your question- Beelzebub!

Last edited:

Brings to mind this interchange between Ann Coulter and an interviewer:

An interviewer asked Ann about the fact that Ronald Reagan’s mother’s name was Nelle, and Ann’s mother is Nell. “What,” he asked, “is a good liberal person’s name?”

Actually, the ingredients are even more precise than that! To ensure a God-fearing, patriotic American, you need a mother named Nell who is a Protestant and a father named Jack who is a Catholic. As for the answer to your question- Beelzebub!

Dudley Doright's Gf was Nell too.

DoRightCast.JPG

RW? You guys are ramping up the rhetoric early I see? :lol:

Tea party is about Liberty. You're losing the arguement tying it To Republicans...even they are threatened...

But press on with the partisan horseshit. It suits you.:lol:

Tea party is about Liberty.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's nice to see how rightwinger who is a government employee has all the time in the world to post on-line wasting taxpayer our money. With their diligent work ethic I can see why government employees get paid double what the private sector workers get paid.

Dems apply Preparation H to the Devil's hemorrhoids

Dems relieve the Devil of that "Not so fresh" feeling

LOL, Come on people...remember when they said the Tea Party wasn't of any significance.

Now look at the articles that is being written about them...

We HAVE THEM ON THE RUN..and spinning so hard they have GOT TO BE DIZZY.

lets roll American Tea Party patriots...:clap2:

You wish!!!! Chris Coons already has a 50-34 lead over Christine O'Donnell. She hasn't got a prayer, dummy.

The tea party is going to go up in smoke!!

Hey right winger--are you sure that Obamacan win in 2012.

Idon'tknow--I think you aredrinking Grapeberry punch koolaid!

Forum List

Back