Republicans once again making it hard for people to Vote

Even in the military, you vote according to your PERMANENT LEGAL ADDRESS... not inherently your barracks address or the apartment you rent.. now.. if you make your apartment or whatever your permanent address, yes you can register and vote locally.. IT IS NO DIFFERENT

And the tax exemption part is about what...just because?

You can't claim an exemption for a person who has established a legal residence outside your home.

Yes you can:

Senate Bill 667, known as "Equalize Voter Rights," would remove the tax exemption for dependents who register to vote at any address other than their parents' home.

See you cant REMOVE something that doesn't exist, so you are wrong sir

If you are going to quote me use the full context. The state has every right to remove an exception in their tax code as I stated above and you so conveniently left out. By registering to vote at the college the student establishes it is their legal residence. Have you bothered to read a voter registration card lately you have to certify the address given is your legal residence.

Now how about you answer my question.

Oh.. it is HARD :rolleyes:

Yeah... I mean they have to obey the law, but if it is that HARD, well, just ignore and and do what is easier!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Hard to Obey what law? The one passed 30 years ago with the Supreme Court or the One made up that goes against that law?

You register to vote with your permanent legal address.. not your beach house.. not your hotel room... not the storage space you rent.. and not some other temporary address, even if it is a dorm or apartment... you want to register there, MAKE IT YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS.. but guess what? You are then on your own and not someone's dependent.. it is not difficult to understand.. and it is not any more difficult to register or vote compared to anyone else...

They don't have to make it their permanent address. See, as proof that's why I keep pointing you toward Wiki while you keep pointing to your butthole

You vote from your permanent address.. not some temp address. not some hotel.. not some vacation spot... but this has already been explained.. you just refuse to accept it[/QUOTE]

That's not what the law says...You remember those right? Laws?

I realize you don't care about laws but the things with laws is...They don't care if you care. They still exist

Senate bill seeks to curb college vote :: WRAL.com

Senate bill seeks to curb college vote

By Laura Leslie

Posted: April 3

Tags: Elections

Raleigh, N.C. — A bill filed in the state Senate Tuesday would carry a tax penalty for parents whose children register to vote at their college address.

Senate Bill 667, known as "Equalize Voter Rights," would remove the tax exemption for dependents who register to vote at any address other than their parents' home.

"If the voter is a dependent of the voter's parent or legal guardian, is 18 years of age or older and the voter has registered at an address other than that of the parent or legal guardian, the parent or legal guardian will not be allowed to claim the voter as a dependent for state income tax purposes," the bill says.

The measure would affect only state income tax, so it wouldn't have much effect on out-of-state students. But it could effectively cut student voting in counties like Watauga and Orange, where college voters have been a key part of the Democratic Party's dominance.

The bill would also require voters to have their vehicles registered at the same address as their voter registration. That also could cut down on college student registration, since many students maintain their vehicle registration in their home counties.

talk

A person has only one legal address. If a college dorm does not meet the standard that everyone else uses to determine said address then there is no issue here.

And no one is stopping some college kid from mailing in an absentee ballot are they? I know that mailing a form you can print off of a web site is quite a hardship but if the rest of us can do it.....

IOW Stop fucking whining.

Cc realizes that with the liberal education system, college kids are to stupid to vote on an absantee ballot, or cc wants them to vote twice.

Come on Cc you haven't answered this question so I'll ask again.

So now how about you explain how overloading a district with temporary students that have the ability to manipulate local elections is fair for the permanent residence and tax payers in that area?

So now how about you explain how overloading a district with temporary students that have the ability to manipulate local elections is fair for the permanent residence and tax payers in that area?

Overloading? You mean attending college?

Cc realizes that with the liberal education system, college kids are to stupid to vote on an absantee ballot, or cc wants them to vote twice.

Actually the reason for it as stated by the person who introduced the bill was to stop kids from voting liberal. But what he says doesn't matter I guess, words have no meaning.

Actually the reason for it as stated by the person who introduced the bill was to stop kids from voting liberal. But what he says doesn't matter I guess, words have no meaning.

No.. that is also false

That story was taken from a speech given at a political event.. and the quote also is only taken in part (look where the ACTUAL quotation begins and look at the fact that the entire speech is not referenced at all)

The basis was already explained to you.. it is indeed simple to understand... you just refuse to

No.. that is also false

That story was taken from a speech given at a political event.. and the quote also is only taken in part (look where the ACTUAL quotation begins and look at the fact that the entire speech is not referenced at all)

The basis was already explained to you.. it is indeed simple to understand... you just refuse to

Did he say it or not? Because saying it's false suggests he never said it, and he did

No.. that is also false

Did he say it or not? Because saying it's false suggests he never said it, and he did

You state it was said about the bill.. that is not determinable at all from the information given.. that would indeed require more context and a date of when it was given in comparison to the authoring/submission of the bill

So saying your explanation of REASON is FALSE is indeed valid

No.. that is also false

You state it was said about the bill.. that is not determinable at all from the information given.. that would indeed require more context and a date of when it was given in comparison to the authoring/submission of the bill

So saying your explanation of REASON is FALSE is indeed valid

So he did say it but you're upset because what?

New Hampshire House Speaker William O’Brien, a Republican, told a tea party group that allowing people to register and vote on Election Day led to “the kids coming out of the schools and basically doing what I did when I was a kid, which is voting as a liberal. That’s what kids do — they don’t have life experience, and they just vote their feelings.”

Members of the College Republicans, however, seem to support the measures and are wary the laws will curb youth voting.

Read more: Students hit by voter ID restrictions - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

Here's what he said, no matter the context it's not a good thing.

College Republican National Committee spokeswoman Alyssa Farah told POLITICO in an email that the organization “has not taken a formal position” on the laws but doesn’t find them “overly burdensome.”

Read more: Students hit by voter ID restrictions - Emily Schultheis - POLITICO.com

With the 2012 primary season beginning in just over a month, student groups are scrambling to educate their campuses about new requirements in time for students to vote in the primaries.

“This is unprecedented,” said Rock the Vote President Heather Smith. “State by state across the country since the 2010 elections, really throughout the past year, we have seen an unprecedented number of attempts to restrict voting rights, in particular for young voters and minorities.”

Many college students don’t have a valid ID from the state where they’re attending school. In order to vote on or near campus, those students would need to apply for and get new state-issued IDs well in advance of primary day or Election Day.

“It’s the opposite of customer-friendly,” said Peter Levine, director of The Center for Information & Research on Civic Learning and Engagement.

Yeah, even the repubs think it's a burden.

see they just do what they ahve been doing for decades.

They merely lie and say that no one is effected by these laws.

Yet they NEED to be made into law?

There is no other reason to do this than to keep college aged kids from voting.

They are the smart kids and we dont want the smart kids voting because they dont vote for us.

Its transparent.

these idiots will just lie right into the face of facts like they always do

New Hampshire House Speaker William O’Brien, a Republican, told a tea party group that allowing people to register and vote on Election Day led to “the kids coming out of the schools and basically doing what I did when I was a kid, which is voting as a liberal. That’s what kids do — they don’t have life experience, and they just vote their feelings.”

Cant allow that huh?

You can't register and vote the same day here in Nevada. There is a cut off period you have to register by. It's like that in a lot of states.

No, overloading as in thousands of temporary people having no stake in the community having the ability to sway local elections. How would you like a butt load of students voting for a new tax levy that you object to and they will never have to pay. But hey someone at school told them to vote for it, won't cost them anything, so why not? Screw'em let them vote where at least someone in the family has an investment in the community.

No, overloading as in thousands of temporary people having no stake in the community having the ability to sway local elections. How would you like a butt load of students voting for a new tax levy that you object to and they will never have to pay. But hey someone at school told them to vote for it, won't cost them anything, so why not? Screw'em let them vote where at least someone in the family has an investment in the community.

Well you have a problem with our voting system. Sorry about that *shrug*

Back to the topic at hand

Forum List

Back