Republicans Nominate Nazi for IL-3 Congressional Seat

The sad thing is, I grew up in this district. He's got no chance of winning in the general, of course. Dan Lipinski can continue on with his hereditary Congressional Seat.

But come on, GOP, 20,000 of you voted for this guy in the primary!!!

Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones wins Republican nomination for Illinois congressional seat

Marcus DiPaola | Chicago Sun-Times | AP
Arthur Jones
Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones has won the Republican nomination for one of Illinois' congressional seats.

Jones, a Holocaust denier and self-described former leader of the American Nazi Party, won the nomination by running as the sole candidate in Tuesday's GOP primary for the 3rd District outside Chicago.

Jones, 70, will try to unseat the incumbent, Rep. Dan Lipinski, who narrowly edged challenger Marie Newman in the Democratic primary.

Illinois has open primaries. It may well have been 20,000 Democrats voting for him.

He has no endorsement from the Republican Party.
Those people would have had to vote for all Republican candidates then. The most likely scenario is that most people that voted for him had no idea who he was beyond the only name on their ballot. (It wasn't 20,000)

I would put that at around 2/3 to 3/4 of those who probably voted for him by rote.

The rest are probably actual to leaning-towards nazis glad to be able to finally vote for one of their own.

I’d buy that.

The sad thing is, I grew up in this district. He's got no chance of winning in the general, of course. Dan Lipinski can continue on with his hereditary Congressional Seat.

Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones wins Republican nomination for Illinois congressional seat

Arthur Jones
Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones has won the Republican nomination for one of Illinois' congressional seats.

Jones, a Holocaust denier and self-described former leader of the American Nazi Party, won the nomination by running as the sole candidate in Tuesday's GOP primary for the 3rd District outside Chicago.

Jones, 70, will try to unseat the incumbent, Rep. Dan Lipinski, who narrowly edged challenger Marie Newman in the Democratic primary.

More than likely this is a very heavy democrat district so there must not be much GOP activity. That being said I have no doubt the local, state and national GOP will have nothing to do with this candidate.

well the nazis really brought Germany out of a big economic ditch....they just went a little too far

But where does it say that 20,000 Republicans voted for him? None of the links say that. He was uncontested.

Far as I can tell from going straight to the board of elections website is that he got just over 3,000 votes.
3000 votes from who, since they have open primaries.

They have open primaries but the individual would have to choose the Republicans ballot. It’d be an awful waste of your vote since that guy would get the nomination regardless. Most people probably had no idea who he was.

If you file for a primary election and you pay the fee you get to run for election. The party doesn't have to support the candidate but they get to run anyway. It should be noted that democrat icon FDR appointed a KKK member to the Supreme Court and a democrat congressman was a long standing former KKK member. The Chicago suburbs get to vote the way they want but you can blame Trump if it makes you feel good.

More than likely this is a very heavy democrat district so there must not be much GOP activity. That being said I have no doubt the local, state and national GOP will have nothing to do with this candidate.

Okay, here's a map of the Third district. It USED to be a mostly Chicago district, but this is what it looks like today.

lossless-page1-400px-Illinois_US_Congressional_District_3_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

It's mostly the suburbs. Even Little Danny has moved from Chicago to Western Springs.

Chicago is mostly the 1, 2, 4 and 7th districts- the ones drawn to secure minority reps- with the 3rd, 5th and 9th having toeholds in Chicago so the few whites left in Chicago don't have to have a minority rep.

Arthur Jones

Zell!

Bm4hU9a.gif

So tell me, is it safe?

Forum List

Back