Republicans Nominate Nazi for IL-3 Congressional Seat

The sad thing is, I grew up in this district. He's got no chance of winning in the general, of course. Dan Lipinski can continue on with his hereditary Congressional Seat.

But come on, GOP, 20,000 of you voted for this guy in the primary!!!

Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones wins Republican nomination for Illinois congressional seat

Marcus DiPaola | Chicago Sun-Times | AP
Arthur Jones
Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones has won the Republican nomination for one of Illinois' congressional seats.

Jones, a Holocaust denier and self-described former leader of the American Nazi Party, won the nomination by running as the sole candidate in Tuesday's GOP primary for the 3rd District outside Chicago.

Jones, 70, will try to unseat the incumbent, Rep. Dan Lipinski, who narrowly edged challenger Marie Newman in the Democratic primary.
Most of them are.

Pretty sad and dishonest of the OP.

The guy went unopposed, has no chance of winning, I could only find he got just over 3000 votes not 20000 and the GOP in Illinois is refusing to back him. The guy is a nut and obviously not fit for office.
If he is a Nazi and a Republican, then Republicans will vote for him.

The guy went unopposed, has no chance of winning, I could only find he got just over 3000 votes not 20000 and the GOP in Illinois is refusing to back him. The guy is a nut and obviously not fit for office.
If he is a Nazi and a Republican, then Republicans will vote for him.

You are such a lying idiot, he won unopposed and only got 3000 votes, grow up and get a life.

Most of his votes were probably by near sighted elderly widows who always vote for the R candidate

Compared to what is in Illinois and driving that state to insolvency, I bet a dog could get enough votes to run.

Compared to what is in Illinois and driving that state to insolvency, I bet a dog could get enough votes to run.

Happens every day....you've heard of 'Yellow-dog Democrats'?

The sad thing is, I grew up in this district. He's got no chance of winning in the general, of course. Dan Lipinski can continue on with his hereditary Congressional Seat.

Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones wins Republican nomination for Illinois congressional seat

Arthur Jones
Neo-Nazi Arthur Jones has won the Republican nomination for one of Illinois' congressional seats.

Jones, a Holocaust denier and self-described former leader of the American Nazi Party, won the nomination by running as the sole candidate in Tuesday's GOP primary for the 3rd District outside Chicago.

Jones, 70, will try to unseat the incumbent, Rep. Dan Lipinski, who narrowly edged challenger Marie Newman in the Democratic primary.

You truly are a dishonest troll! He ran unopppsed for a seat that the Democrats won each and every election for the last 4 decades by 20-40 points! It is a lost cause. The Republicans have come out against him.

So take your self-righteousness and shove it up your ass!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Happens every day....you've heard of 'Yellow-dog Democrats'?
You know, when desperate people get their backs up against a wall, even Democrats do some pretty strange things. Look at our President who is making America Great Again, who all the liberal "Experts" said their was no way he would win over the smartest woman in the world. It could be a shocking result that the Dems might be surprised by..

You can bet there will be a recount 3 times, if the Dem loses the election.

Arthur Jones

You truly are a dishonest troll! He ran unopppsed for a seat that the Democrats won each and every election for the last 4 decades by 20-40 points! It is a lost cause. The Republicans have come out against him.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The 2016 election the incumbent ran unopposed, it has been a blue district for decades. I think he got 244,000 votes.

Another lefty feeling like they have to lie.

Arthur Jones

Well, Trump had no chance either.

Great comedy continues to come from that stupid state.

Yeah, Illinois has open primaries. What do you bet Dems made sure that happened?

Not really, the Democratic primary in the 3rd District had it's most active contest in years. Hereditary Machine Congressman Dan Lipinski was challenged by a Bernie Bro and only barely won by 2,000 votes. (They both got about 40K each, it was close, but a credit to the Machine that Danny won.

(Full Disclosure, I grew up in Lipinski's neighborhood, and his sister Laura was in my grammar school class.)

So maybe you should learn what you are talking about.

NOW- Jones was uncontested, but by law, you have a write in slot for the position.

So the Republicans - Failed to write in that many votes.
Didn't put up an alternative to Jones (This is about his fifth time running for something, including the13th Ward Alderman and for Congress in the past.

And 20,000 Republicans in that district were either so badly informed or outright Nazi and voted for him.

1. It is a Blue Dog district, so it is Conservative.

2. The Republican candidate ran unopposed.

3. The last time a Republican won that district was in the 1970's.

So it is safe to say the Nazi has no chance of winning and is just a name on the ballot because no one was interested in losing to the Democratic Candidate...

It has been held by the same family since the early 1990's and family names run deep and strong in that region...

Again, grew up in that neighborhood and my family knows the Lipinskis well. Bill had been the Congressman from 1980 onward until he bequeathed the seat to his son in 2004. .

I remember when Bill was 23rd Ward alderman.

Again the story her is not that the GOP failed to put a sensible name on the ballot, it was that 20,000 GOP voters were told this guy was a Nazi and voted for him anyway.

Those people would have had to vote for all Republican candidates then. The most likely scenario is that most people that voted for him had no idea who he was beyond the only name on their ballot. (It wasn't 20,000)

A news report says it was 20K,... but shit, even 3000 is fucking scary

Also, the news have been talking about this for quite some time, and Jones is a well known character in Illinois Politics.

Arthur Jones

The sad thing is it's still a democrat run state. Hm.. Clearly you didn't do your research on LBJ.

They should have put someone on the ballot.

They also could have organized a write-in campaign.

Now, yeah, the GOP hasn't fought for this seat in the past, (although Bill had a close call in 1994) but given that there was a possibility that a Bernie Bro might unseat Danny Boy, they could have been in a position to really contest that seat.

Instead, they ceded a slot on the November ballot to a guy who says the Holocaust was a hoax.

Forum List

Back