Republicans LIE about the tax hike hurting small businesses

Don't pay the IRS and they will come to throw you in prison - if you resist, they'll kill you.

That's a little melodramatic. Not paying your federal income tax subjects you to civil penalties, but not jail time. Jail time requires an overt act, like lying to an IRS agent, forging documents, threatening an IRS agent, or physically interfering with the collections process.

And of course the IRS can seize assets and income. About the only way you could get killed is if you were interfering with a CID agent and started a gunfight. But that's a risk with dealing with any law enforcement.

Besides, remember that they are only really after your money.

No, what is required to increase wages is productivity, and that requires investment in physical plant. Taking $80 billion dollars a year out of the pockets of those most likely to invest may not be the right answer.

That would sound scary if the US economy was not already flooded with tons of capital that is sitting idle, because of lack of investment opportunities.

So productivity is a bad thing, is that your reasoned, internationally known, C-level opinion? Talk about clueless. I'm done here.

I feel you man.

Koios is an automaton. At times one might become confused and think him a reasoning person, but he is simply a spambot spewing the nonsense posted on the leftist hate sites like DailyKOS and Democratic Underground. This is why the attempt to elicit a reasoned response always results in a canned mantra. He has no actual grasp of the concepts put forth, just a picklist of responses to certain questions.

I gave up on him as well.

So productivity is a bad thing, is that your reasoned, internationally known, C-level opinion? Talk about clueless. I'm done here.

I feel you man.

Koios is an automaton. At times one might become confused and think him a reasoning person, but he is simply a spambot spewing the nonsense posted on the leftist hate sites like DailyKOS and Democratic Underground. This is why the attempt to elicit a reasoned response always results in a canned mantra. He has no actual grasp of the concepts put forth, just a picklist of responses to certain questions.

I gave up on him as well.

OMG! How will I cope? Pills, therapy... Both?!

:)

You make a good point. The Commerce Dept deies a small business and it is industry specific. For most sectors the upper lmit is 500 employees. In other areas such a personal service professions any flow-through entity is considered a small business. So all the major law and accounting firms are "small businesses".

My personal opinion is that what most people consider as a small business I would call a microbusiness. This is a sole proprietor, partnership, S corporation, or LLC with ten or fewer employees. It turns out that this accounts for a large share of actual employment growth. I would use the ACA kthreshold of 50 full-time equivalent employees to define the next benchmark "small businesses". To me, anything between 50 and 500 is a medium size business.

According to the IRS data by sector (as I remember it, the publication is at my office) the average fast food restuarant clears about $80k a year. I've seen a few attorneys who have a couple of employees who cear $250k a year or so, but no one in manufacturing, retailing, or service industries on that scale mak that kind of money.

Define what you mean by "clears?"

Just like Koios, you appear to lack a grasp of what margins are. If you think the gross sales of the neighborhood McDonalds is $80K, then you are sorely mistaken. I have a family friend (couple) who own a McDonalds franchise that is duel located, in the parking lot of a Walmart and also in the store - it's the same operation but serves both inside and outside.

They did just shy of $4 million in sales last year, it's a booming operation serving about 300,000 orders a year.

They "clear," nothing - not a dime. But they each draw a good salary. McDonalds has a pretty aggressive franchise structure, the loan for the building, all food and materials, including the software used on the POS system, come from McDonalds. Any excess simply goes to debt service, which is smart as eventually they will own the building. Basically, they work for the salary they draw and the promise that someday they can build owners equity.

What this is, is the "American dream," but the pre-Obama dream. What Obama and the left are doing is trying to stop this, to halt the move of Americans from working class to the upper-middle and upper brackets. This tax is designed to pull the ladder up and stop upward mobility by the usurpers of the middle class. Obama and the democrats are making a strong push to force the middle back toward poverty. The left is engaging in a full blown assault on the middle class - or Bourgeoisie, as the left terms the middle class.

You make a good point. The Commerce Dept deies a small business and it is industry specific. For most sectors the upper lmit is 500 employees. In other areas such a personal service professions any flow-through entity is considered a small business. So all the major law and accounting firms are "small businesses".

My personal opinion is that what most people consider as a small business I would call a microbusiness. This is a sole proprietor, partnership, S corporation, or LLC with ten or fewer employees. It turns out that this accounts for a large share of actual employment growth. I would use the ACA kthreshold of 50 full-time equivalent employees to define the next benchmark "small businesses". To me, anything between 50 and 500 is a medium size business.

According to the IRS data by sector (as I remember it, the publication is at my office) the average fast food restuarant clears about $80k a year. I've seen a few attorneys who have a couple of employees who cear $250k a year or so, but no one in manufacturing, retailing, or service industries on that scale mak that kind of money.

Define what you mean by "clears?"

Just like Koios, you appear to lack a grasp of what margins are. If you think the gross sales of the neighborhood McDonalds is $80K, then you are sorely mistaken. I have a family friend (couple) who own a McDonalds franchise that is duel located, in the parking lot of a Walmart and also in the store - it's the same operation but serves both inside and outside.

They did just shy of $4 million in sales last year, it's a booming operation serving about 300,000 orders a year.

They "clear," nothing - not a dime. But they each draw a good salary. McDonalds has a pretty aggressive franchise structure, the loan for the building, all food and materials, including the software used on the POS system, come from McDonalds. Any excess simply goes to debt service, which is smart as eventually they will own the building. Basically, they work for the salary they draw and the promise that someday they can build owners equity.

What this is, is the "American dream," but the pre-Obama dream. What Obama and the left are doing is trying to stop this, to halt the move of Americans from working class to the upper-middle and upper brackets. This tax is designed to pull the ladder up and stop upward mobility by the usurpers of the middle class. Obama and the democrats are making a strong push to force the middle back toward poverty. The left is engaging in a full blown assault on the middle class - or Bourgeoisie, as the left terms the middle class.

Actually it's you who has a problem grasping, specifically, reading comprehension.

Clears $80 grand was shorthand for profit taken out, which of course is not all taxable, since adjusted gross is less, always.

But it was a quick "for example."

As to margins (pricing and not profit margins after expenses) I went into some details on how I price the product my company sells. If by chance it went over your comprehension level, simply ask. Assuming is making you seem foolish.

FWIW

That's a little melodramatic.

No, that's fact. The IRS can and will throw you in prison for not paying taxes - ask Al Capone.

Not paying your federal income tax subjects you to civil penalties, but not jail time.

Wrong - people go to jail all the time for failing to report income.

Jail time requires an overt act, like lying to an IRS agent, forging documents, threatening an IRS agent, or physically interfering with the collections process.

False, failure to report income will land you in prison.

{
Criminal Penalties

You may be subject to criminal prosecution (brought to trial) for actions such as:

Tax evasion,
Willful failure to file a return, supply information, or pay any tax due,
Fraud and false statements, or
Preparing and filing a fraudulent return. }

IRS Tax Penalties

And of course the IRS can seize assets and income. About the only way you could get killed is if you were interfering with a CID agent and started a gunfight. But that's a risk with dealing with any law enforcement.

This is 2012 - law enforcement shoots people dead every day, on little or no provocation. If a cop doesn't like the way you look at them, they can and will kill you. This isn't Television, the police are the most dangerous gang there is.

Police shoot, wound man in Inglewood - latimes.com

{Houston police shoot, kill pen-waving amputee in wheelchair
September 23, 2012|By Matt Pearce

Houston police shot and killed a mentally ill double amputee in a wheelchair after he threatened an officer with a pen, authorities said.}

Houston police shoot, kill pen-waving amputee in wheelchair - Los Angeles Times

Police shoot unarmed man 81 times

{Crystal Ventura, a 17-year-old who witnessed the shooting, told the Register the man had his back to the officer. She said the man was shot in the buttocks area. The man then went down on his knees, and she said he was struck by another bullet in the head. Another officer handcuffed the man who by then was on the ground and not moving, Ventura said.

“They searched his pockets, and there was a hole in his head, and I saw blood on his face,” she said.}

Near-Riot Breaks Out After Officer-Involved Shooting In Anaheim « CBS Los Angeles

Besides, remember that they are only really after your money.

Money is just a marker of trade. They are after control.

Actually it's you who has a problem grasping, specifically, reading comprehension.

Clears $80 grand was shorthand for profit taken out, which of course is not all taxable, since adjusted gross is less, always.

As to margins (pricing and not profit margins after expenses) I went into some details on how I price the product my company sells. If by chance it went over your comprehension level, simply ask. Assuming is making you seem foolish.

FWIW

Ah, you're dishonest. Of course you are, you're a leftist.

I acknowledged that your pricing example of mitigating factors was reasonable, and even played on it to give further examples of why your calculations of margins were not reasonable. You were right that market conditions have an impact on price as do a myriad of factors.

Many small businesses deliberately have a net, after tax and depreciation profit of zero.

FWIW

Ah, you're dishonest. Of course you are, you're a leftist.

I acknowledged that your pricing example of mitigating factors was reasonable, and even played on it to give further examples of why your calculations of margins were not reasonable. You were right that market conditions have an impact on price as do a myriad of factors.

Many small businesses deliberately have a net, after tax and depreciation profit of zero.

Shit. How will I get the cork back into my champagne?

Seems celebrating being ignored by you was a smidge premature.

Forum List

Back