Republicans left a message at King Middle School in Portland

You have to wonder if liberals have a friggen life.

everyday it's another bitch, another faux outrage. good gawd. Liberalism IS A MENTAL DISORDER.:lol:

everyday it's another bitch, another faux outrage. good gawd. Liberalism IS A MENTAL DISORDER.:lol:

When did it become a "MENTAL DISORDER" to fact check people? Would you like it better if we just let FUX get away with their bullshit? -- Yes you would. :eusa_hand:

When did it become a "MENTAL DISORDER" to fact check people? Would you like it better if we just let FUX get away with their bullshit? -- Yes you would. :eusa_hand:

for crying out loud, you scrape at the bottom of the barrel to come with some new "Republican outrage of the day". gawd, do you have a life?

Last edited:
Republicans left a message at King Middle School in Portland | The Forecaster
PORTLAND — Students in King Middle School's "Four Freedoms" learning expedition are getting a first-hand education in free speech after last weekend's state Republican convention.

While the convention was held at the Portland Expo, GOP organizations from Maine's 16 counties were each given private meeting spaces in King classrooms.

One of those classrooms is run by Paul Clifford, an eighth-grade social studies teacher, who said he was surprised when he returned to the room on Monday to find that a poster celebrating the labor movement had been removed and replaced with a Republican sticker.

The poster had the following quote from union leader Eugine Debs: "Intelligent discontent is the mainspring of civilization born of agitation. It is agitation or stagnation."

"In it's place was a large sticker that said 'Workers Vote Republican,'" Clifford said. "I thought it was cute until I realized the poster was gone. We can't find it and it hasn't been returned."

The amusement further diminished when Clifford found a note on his desk.

"(It) said 'A Republican was here," Clifford said. "And then it said, 'What gives you the right to propagandize impressionable kids. A Republician.'"

The note was an apparent reaction to several student-made collages in the classroom, Clifford said – personal expressions related to a specific expedition.

Clifford said the classroom was used by the Knox County Republicans, the group largely credited with convincing the state party to adopt a platform calling for abolition of the Federal Reserve and Department of Education, and closing the nation's borders.

Clifford said he was further surprised when some Knox County Republicans called the school to complain about the collages and copies of the U.S. Constitution in his classroom. The documents were donated by the American Civil Liberties Union, and contained a special section on Miranda Rights. They were stored in a closed box on the floor.

"We allowed someone to use our building. They came in and searched our stuff. Stole a poster. Left our building trashed. And then called us to complain about what they found when they searched our house," Clifford said.

Discuss.

big surprise
REPUBLICAN = NAZI

for crying out loud, you scrape at the bottom of the barrel to come with some new "Republican outrage of the day". gawd, do you have a life?

I'm sorry your party is full of so many 'outrages.' Seriously, your one to be talking about me being a partisan hack! All I ever hear from you is how 'Obama is ruining us!' or some other bullshit that has no substance. If you want, We will have an open argument thread..I can go start it..Me V. You..Deal?

My sons girlfriend had a gov teacher in high school that refused to allow anything but republican posters on her wall during the 2004 election.

She actively admonished the kids if they spoke about the other candidates kindly.

republicans seem to have a real unfair streak in them.

Right... and I couldn't say one thing bad thing about Obama during the '08 Election without everybody who supported him telling me I'm a Racist and to shut up.

What school were you attending where the teachers told you this?

I'm sorry your party is full of so many 'outrages.' Seriously, your one to be talking about me being a partisan hack! All I ever hear from you is how 'Obama is ruining us!' or some other bullshit that has no substance. If you want, We will have an open argument thread..I can go start it..Me V. You..Deal?

naaa, in the end you would just break down crying and post some childish pictures anyway.:lol:
I have a legitimate bitch about our President, you don't see me running around finding and posting every shit story about classrooms, what someone says, etc etc, to try and make the liberals look stupid and act all outraged, course liberals can make themselves look pretty stupid on their own. just look at some of the dumb threads posted here.

Last edited:

naaa, in the end you would just break down crying and post some childish pictures anyway.:lol:
I have a legitimate bitch about our President, you don't see me running around finding and posting every shit story about classrooms, what someone says, etc etc, to try and make the liberals look stupid and act all outraged, course liberals can make themselves look pretty stupid on their own. just look at some of the dumb threads posted here.

You are a coward..Just as I thought. Good night, troll.

hahahaha, I'm a troll.
lets see I posted one thread today, you ???????
time for beddy bye little one. mommy's rules.:lol:

So I'm assuming you support what this person did? Interesting.

Wow. So the fact that I think the propaganda is incredibly stupid means that I, of course, fully support it.

My criticism was about you being victims.

So reporting the news = propaganda? :eusa_eh:

So are you arguing the teacher wasn't victim to his free speech being silenced?

You don't report the news. You report from far left blogs that are INFAMOUS for LYING, er I mean "spinning" the news.

Like the idea that Republicans suport slavery?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow. So the fact that I think the propaganda is incredibly stupid means that I, of course, fully support it.

You don't report the news. You report from far left blogs that are INFAMOUS for LYING, er I mean "spinning" the news.

Go easy on him. He still hasn't figured out I was calling the posters lame. In fact, the propaganda both the teacher and whomever else used, if there was any, are both really pathetic.

Super effective way to get your message across.

hahahaha, I'm a troll.
lets see I posted one thread today, you ???????
time for beddy bye little one. mommy's rules.:lol:

I think it's pretty obvious YoungLefty is still in Middle School or High School.

I mean I don't mean that derisively, I'm serious.

I don't think he's a day over 13-15, which is why he so implicitly believes these crap articles.

I'm sure his parents/teachers tell him the same thing and he believes it without question.

Think of it as trying to tell a five year old there is no Santa Claus. It isn't going to happen. The kid is going to believe in Santa Claus.

This kid is going to believe Republicans are evil.

That will continue until he either gets out in the real working world and finally wakes up to reality OR he will stay in academia the rest of his life and NEVER wake up.

He's a kid, trust me. I have a kid just a little younger than this and I KNOW when I'm talking to a kid. I'll bet a dime he's a kid.

;)

Its not a blog. Its a newspaper. Do you know the difference?

Funny how the Republicans are apologizing for an incident that never happened. I guess they didn't get the memo informing them it was all a grand conspiracy.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/143328.html

Maine Republican officials apologized Wednesday for an incident last week in which party faithful attending the state convention removed a pro-labor poster from a Portland middle school classroom and left behind GOP materials.

Now FUCK OFF

Last edited:

Its not a blog. Its a newspaper. Do you know the difference?

Funny how the Republicans are apologizing for an incident that never happened. I guess they didn't get the memo informing them it was all a grand conspiracy.

Maine GOP apologizes for convention incident - Bangor Daily News

Maine Republican officials apologized Wednesday for an incident last week in which party faithful attending the state convention removed a pro-labor poster from a Portland middle school classroom and left behind GOP materials.

Now FUCK OFF

I was referring to YoungLefty's history of posting stuff from way left blogs, not this SPECIFIC thread.

Why don't you grow up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My sons girlfriend had a gov teacher in high school that refused to allow anything but republican posters on her wall during the 2004 election.

She actively admonished the kids if they spoke about the other candidates kindly.

They like to talk about free speech..But they try to deny it to people who disagree with them.

What I find fascinating about your response to Truthmatters is:

1. You take on face value that she is absolutely accurate in what she said. Personally, I'd be hesitant to accept something that is third hand. Is her statement based on her own observation or the word of her son's girlfriend?

2. That you take this as a demonstration that 'republicans seem to have a real unfair streak in them'. What about if the same stuff happens from the democrats? Just because no one has said it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

3. You refer to this story as 'news'. It is one sided. There is no balancing information from the GOP attendees. Therefore, it is not representative of the facts - it is spun.

4. If there was a poster celebrating workers - is that representative of the teachers views? Is the teacher therefore a democrat? What is the teacher teaching about the labor movement? Is the teacher influencing children in favor of one political party over another? If so, is that an appropriate thing for a teacher to do?

Far too many questions, and, young leftie, you seem unable to even ask the questions, yet alone answer them. Engage your brain before you blindly accept one side as true and the other side as false. Because on the information in the story - there is not enough unbiased information to make an informed opinion.

They like to talk about free speech..But they try to deny it to people who disagree with them.

What I find fascinating about your response to Truthmatters is:

1. You take on face value that she is absolutely accurate in what she said. Personally, I'd be hesitant to accept something that is third hand. Is her statement based on her own observation or the word of her son's girlfriend?

2. That you take this as a demonstration that 'republicans seem to have a real unfair streak in them'. What about if the same stuff happens from the democrats? Just because no one has said it, doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

3. You refer to this story as 'news'. It is one sided. There is no balancing information from the GOP attendees. Therefore, it is not representative of the facts - it is spun.

4. If there was a poster celebrating workers - is that representative of the teachers views? Is the teacher therefore a democrat? What is the teacher teaching about the labor movement? Is the teacher influencing children in favor of one political party over another? If so, is that an appropriate thing for a teacher to do?

Far too many questions, and, young leftie, you seem unable to even ask the questions, yet alone answer them. Engage your brain before you blindly accept one side as true and the other side as false. Because on the information in the story - there is not enough unbiased information to make an informed opinion.

Well, if you want to be fair you're wrong about #3. The GOP has apologized.

But this is Gay to care about, and the actions of one don't paint a picture of a movement.

Forum List

Back