Republicans Have Strongly Negative Views Of Muslims, Arabs

Interesting poll. I wouldn't judge "Republicans" in general, based on it. There's still a handful of liberal Republicans, especially in the Northeast, that still consider themselves to be the Party of Lincoln. I guess it's only a matter of time before the Right Wing Cultural Revolution purges them. There's also a handful of right wing Dixiecrats, who still call themselves Democrats. I can live with that.

The poll would have been much more skewed if there was a way to judge if a person is a right winger. It's the essence of conservatism to be against anyone who doesn't think like them, look like them, or worship like them. They always want to look backwards, instead of forward. They hate diversity. They can't enjoy our different subcultures, as I do. So they preach a gospel of hate, hate, hate of anything that isn't all white bread. George Will put it best when he wrote, contemporary conservatism is based on a philosophy of what they're against.

So you're cool with Liberal Republicans being "purged" but fine with "Dixiecrats"? Yeah I expect that from you, Dickless Tuck.
You really don't know shit about Conservatives that you haven't read on some Liberal blog, do you?

Interesting poll. I wouldn't judge "Republicans" in general, based on it. There's still a handful of liberal Republicans, especially in the Northeast, that still consider themselves to be the Party of Lincoln. I guess it's only a matter of time before the Right Wing Cultural Revolution purges them. There's also a handful of right wing Dixiecrats, who still call themselves Democrats. I can live with that.

The poll would have been much more skewed if there was a way to judge if a person is a right winger. It's the essence of conservatism to be against anyone who doesn't think like them, look like them, or worship like them. They always want to look backwards, instead of forward. They hate diversity. They can't enjoy our different subcultures, as I do. So they preach a gospel of hate, hate, hate of anything that isn't all white bread. George Will put it best when he wrote, contemporary conservatism is based on a philosophy of what they're against.

So you're cool with Liberal Republicans being "purged" but fine with "Dixiecrats"? Yeah I expect that from you, Dickless Tuck.
You really don't know shit about Conservatives that you haven't read on some Liberal blog, do you?

Yes, I'm cool with Republicans shooting themselves in the foot. And I'm also cool with conservative Democrats. If they can win elections, and give my party a majority, who cares if they're conservative. If they're real fuck ups, use the primary process to change things.

I know more about small minded, paranoid conservatives than you can imagine. I've watched them for years on various political forums, and witnessed their attempt to destroy my Nation, when they gain political power. I don't need someone else to tell me what to think, so go back and wait for your answer from FOX.

Republicans Have Strongly Negative Views Of Muslims, Arabs: Poll

According to a survey on views toward various religions commissioned by the Arab American Institute, Republican sentiment toward Muslims produced the highest negative results, with 57 percent of respondents saying they had unfavorable opinions. Only 26 percent said they had favorable opinions. Republicans gave Muslim-Americans slightly higher marks, responding 47 percent unfavorably and 35 percent favorably. Though not gauging a direct religious following, the results were similar on questions regarding Arabs, who received 53 percent unfavorable to 27 percent favorable responses, as well as Arab-Americans, who received 48 percent unfavorable to 33 percent favorable responses.

Respondents on the other side of the aisle also provided less-negative responses toward Muslims. Among Democrats, 29 percent gave unfavorable responses, though 49 percent responded favorably.

Mormons received the highest negative ratings from Democrats, with 35 percent saying they viewed them unfavorably, and 45 percent responding favorably. Overall, Democrats gave net positive responses to all religions. Republicans delivered net negatives to Muslims, Muslim-Americans, Arabs and Arab-Americans, while also showing a tendency to give followers of other non-Western religions, such as Buddhists and Hindus, high unfavorable responses.

There appear to be some parallels between this anti-Muslim sentiment and the agenda, or at least rhetoric, of some lawmakers in the GOP. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) prompted outrage from both Democrats and Republicans when she became the de facto representative for a group of Republicans pushing for an investigation into top administration aides and their supposed connections to the Muslim Brotherhood. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) has also picked up on this brand of Islamophobia, stating repeatedly that the nation is under a perpetual threat of radical Islam from within its borders.

Islamophobes, Buddaphobes, Hinduphobes, any religion that isn't WHITE and CHRISTIAN they view unfavorably. Batshit crazy party.

Nobody asked me my Opinions on the matter.

Muslims have a PR problem of their own making. It has absolutely nothing to do with Republican White Christians.

yep .....until the "good" Muslims speak up,and i mean speak up....there will be a problem of trust.....

Good muslims speak up all the time. They are just murdered by all those bad muslims. They are heretics and traitors.

Have you ever had a conversation with a man who refused to kill his wife and daughters because he didn't have a son? I have. His own muslim family marks him for death just like the women. It's amazing what you learn when you speak to muslims. Talk to some. Find some safe house for muslim women and chat them up.

Yeah I know a bunch same story to, they're here because of what Muslims were doing to them if they are Christian. And if they're Muslim it was because of what they did to each other. :lol: buddie's dad at the party store escaped Saddam's army in the 70's. No more war with Iran for him came here

Last edited:
yep .....until the "good" Muslims speak up,and i mean speak up....there will be a problem of trust.....

Good muslims speak up all the time. They are just murdered by all those bad muslims. They are heretics and traitors.

Have you ever had a conversation with a man who refused to kill his wife and daughters because he didn't have a son? I have. His own muslim family marks him for death just like the women. It's amazing what you learn when you speak to muslims. Talk to some. Find some safe house for muslim women and chat them up.

no they speak up but they dont Speak up.....if the leaders of these Muslim Countries who claim they are against the violence not only spoke up but got together and policed their Religion with their Troops and Cops this would be a minor problem.....instead when non-Muslims are forced to deal with it...it is spun as how they,the infidels, are trying to destroy Islam....hence the credibility and trust problem

For one thing, there are very few of those good muslims and a whole lot of murderous muslims. For another thing, the government whether here, in Europe, or in the Middle East, actively supports the worst kinds of muslims believing they are supporting religious freedom.

Third World Muslim Fundies can be like Third World Chistian Fundies, really backward, violent a-holes- like fundie Pub dupes...

Is the third-world where you tried, and failed miserably, to learn English, you fucking moron?

Unkotare -

Oh, yes it did!

I'll expain the errors to you -

1) We only use hyphens in English to hyphenate compound words when those words function as an adjective - so we have "one-way street" but "the street runs one way".

Hence, you use of a hyphen in "third-world" is incorrect.

2) Third World is usually written with capital letters.

3) "and failed miserably" is not a defined clause, hence can not have commas before and after it.

4) Your sentence begins with the phrase "Is the third-world" but does not complete that phrase.

Those are your four language errors.

Never argue language usage with a journalist.

You are mistaken on every point. Maybe when you complete the next level in your ESL course you will understand.

Being a "journalist" hardly impresses me regarding language use.

Shit. I'm not a Rep and I have strong views on Muslims and Arabs.

The fuckers are trying to kill us.

9-11 anyone??

Why does the retard bus stop in my threads with idiots like you?

Muslims hate and kill fags.

What do you think about that?

I still can't get that image from a news magazine out of my mind of the Muslim women
whose nose was cut off because she committed some atrocity like wanting to get an education..

Tired of hearing about this peaceful religion.And yeh they are still lying awake at night thinking of ways to kill the Great Satan...yeh that means us.

You are mistaken on every point. Maybe when you complete the next level in your ESL course you will understand.

No, not at all - I am absolutely correct, as I imagine you realise yourself.

It always amazes me when people have so much ego invested in this board that they can not admit to error - particularly when this started because you were scolding someone else for their language usage.

If you think I am wrong - by all means explain to me why "the third-world" requires a hyphen.

No, not at all - I am absolutely correct, as I imagine you realise yourself.

No, you are not. Your understanding of English is superficial at best. I guess your journalism school had a weak ESL department.

Unkotare -

What would it cost you to admit that you made 4 relatively minor grammatical errors while scolding another poster for his grammatical errors?

Any honest person would have just 'fessed up and laughed it off, wouldn't they?

btw. As well as being a journalist, I am a qualified ESL teacher.

Forum List

Back