Republicans "fix" Obamacare

In the Republican version of Obamacare, any company that cuts their full time employees one hour a week doesn't have to pay healthcare

Quite a loophole

Under obamanationcare, those full time employees (which did not have employer provided health insurance to start with) would face sharp reductions in the amount of hours they could work and thus what they would get paid. Do understand this?

Before obamanationcare:

No employer paid health insurance, 40 hours/week work.

After obamanationcare:

No employer paid health insurance, 29 hours/week work.

After first fix to obamanationcare:

No employer paid health insurance, 39 hours/week work.

I don't know about you, but as a worker I would prefer doing away with obamanationcare, but if I can't have that, I'll take the fix.

Cutting employees 11 hours a week places a burden on the employer. He must now hire 25% more workers and juggle his time schedule to provide full coverage of the workweek. What has been shown so far is that most employers have not done this

By allowing employers to just cut 40 hr/week employees by just an hour, Republicans are providing a loophole where nobody has to provide health insurance

By allowing employers to just cut 40 hr/week employees by just an hour, Republicans are providing a loophole where nobody has to provide health insurance

Which makes it very likely to be vetoed by the President, if it ever makes it to his desk.

Which makes it very likely to be vetoed by the President, if it ever makes it to his desk.
Yeah there's no way democrats will let people work more hours. Those democrats are bastards that want to see kids going hungry.

Yeah there's no way democrats will let people work more hours. Those democrats are bastards that want to see kids going hungry.

that one flew right over your head didn't it ?

sure it did.

There is no way the Democrats will let Republicans try to cheat Americans out of health insurance.

The 40 hour redefinition is an attempt to circumvent the employer mandate. It would have the same effect as eliminating the employer mandate, and so it will be vetoed if it makes it as far as Obama's desk.

Then why have they spent the last 25 years trying to stop it?

Really? And what have they been doing to that end? Are they trying to outlaw hospitals? Are they trying to close down medical schools?

You are confusing Obamacare with health insurance, and health insurance with health care.

No....none of that

They are just making sure that only those who are truly "worthy" have access to our healthcare network

So....they are now requiring a reading test before receiving medical treatment? Can you link a single example of these Jim Crow style laws?

Of course you can't. Because no such thing exists. You are confusing Obamacare with health insurance, and health insurance with health care. Nobody is trying to deny health care to anyone. I know it will shock you to learn this, but people have had access to health care for thousands of years before Obamacare, and before the advent of health insurance.

Now before anyone misunderstands me, again, let me reiterate what I have said countless times. I believe employer-sponsored health insurance should go the way of the dodo bird. It bends the cost curve up and is a giant labor union boondoggle that has outlived its efficacy and become obsolete. It needs to go away.

Nobody is trying to deny health care to anyone. I know it will shock you to learn this, but people have had access to health care for thousands of years before Obamacare, and before the advent of health insurance.

That is a lie. Not everyone had access to health care for thousands of years. That is complete bullshit.

As for the modern era, in the immortal words of a Canadian Supreme Court judge, "Access to a waiting list is not access to healthcare".

Nor is access to an emergency room access to health care.

Before ObamaCare, we had the highest per capita spending on health care in the world. Health care costs were rising faster than inflation and GDP for decades.

After Obamacare, spending on health care has gone through the roof.

but people have had access to health care for thousands of years before Obamacare

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That is a lie. Not everyone had access to health care for thousands of years. That is complete bullshit.

Seeing as I never said that, there is no lie.

As for the modern era, in the immortal words of a Canadian Supreme Court judge, "Access to a waiting list is not access to healthcare".

Your point?

Before ObamaCare, we had the highest per capita spending on health care in the world. Health care costs were rising faster than inflation and GDP for decades.

Before Obamacare, spending healthcare was going through the roof. Actually, healthcare has increased less.
121510-snapshot.jpg

Your point?

Your point?

the point is youre an idiot if you say you never said that ... you've been quoted saying that ..

duuuuuurrrrrrrr ...

More bullshit. The rate of increase of health care costs was much higher before ObamaCare.

You are going to get caught with your own dick in your mouth if you keep this up.

the point is youre an idiot if you say you never said that ... you've been quoted saying that ..

duuuuuurrrrrrrr ...

Reading comprehension skills would be a really good investment for you. Another one would be an education in logical reasoning.

People have had access to health care for thousands of years.

Look very closely. What is missing in that sentence?

Washington tinkers with Obamacare amid mixed results for health law - CBS News

So, Republicans want to help workers by changing the full time threshold from 30 hours to 40 hours. So now, if an employer doesn't want to pay for health insurance he just has to cut them from 40 to 39 hours a week

Why don't Republicans just come out and admit they don't want anyone to have healthcare?

Well first we need to find a republican Gruber, so we can openly lie to everyone, and he still gets his supporters to support him. O yeah republicans aren't that stupid.

yep, but I guess there was no Medicaid, free health clinics or pay on you wages health clinics before OScamCare. so that's why they throw that lie around how Republicans don't want the "people" to have health care. boohoo

Forum List

Back