Republicans: Do you have a breaking point with Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Trumps political career was through when he mocked POWs for being captured.
After that it was obvious his minions would forgive him for anything

He had a dozen things he did or said in the primaries which would have cratered any other Republican, but his ratings went up.

See, there is this multi-dimentional super string theory of the political universe where a different set of rules apply to the Donald. I can certainly picture him driving a DeLorean.

I wanted Scott Walker to be the president...so as long as he keeps getting the Scotus nominees right, it is a wash.

Besides, all one has to do is look at a picture of Hillary, and pretty much anything can be rationalized.

Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?
You don't "know" fuck all pal.
You have formed an opinion as I have.
Let's give Trump the same amount of time as the LIBs/Lib MSM gave Obama.
Obama broke virtually every pre-election promise he made. The LIBs and his LIB MSM gave him every excuse they could.
Remember how he was going to "close Gitmo on his first day"?
It looks like the repeal of Obamacare could happen as early as this Friday.
Obama did close it ..and the courts said no
When the court said NO that meant Obama's attempt failed which means he did not in fact keep his promise.
Note that Obama NEVER attempted to close GITMO again.
If I promise to do something and the courts say what I promised is illegal so I can't do it I didn't keep my promise.
Wise up!

Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?
Obama broke virtually every pre-election promise he made. The LIBs and his LIB MSM gave him every excuse they could.
When the court said NO that meant Obama's attempt failed which means he did not in fact keep his promise.
If I promise to do something and the courts say what I promised is illegal so I can't do it I didn't keep my promise.
Wise up!

How stupid Are you?

obama_exec_order-7caaae0ddbb2ef58aeb3f13988d1b50d6c55aa27-s300-c85.jpg

Wise up!

How stupid Are you?

View attachment 123533

It was one of Obama's first EOs

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

Perhaps some people voted for him for the reasons you stated but I haven't seen this opinion when talking to trump voters .. I can speak for myself and tell you that reasons I voted for him were his policies
Then I'm glad you are still satisfied with how he's doing. It's obvious he's trying. Just might take a little longer than he originally thought.
I based my comments on a lot of Trump supporters I've talked to, who when asked why they were supporting him, said things like "He's not p.c." and "He tells it like it is" and "He's a businessman, not a politician." So to me, it seems like personality more than policy was at work. I know some people actually chose him seriously.

Wise up!
It was Congress that blocked funds to close Gitmo and prevented Obama from transferring them to the US
Obama did get the inmate population of Gitmo down from 240 to 80

Obama's biggest failure was to deny Gitmo inmates a formal trial. It is a disgrace to a country that brags about freedom and liberty

If he were to appoint a progressive to the SC the next time an opening came out, that's a breaking point.

If he were to all of a sudden go gun control happy, that would be a breaking point.

If he stopped reducing regulations, and increased government instead of cutting it down, that would be a breaking point

Most of the other stuff like NAFTA, Taxes and Healthcare I can accept compromises on if the overall trend is towards less government interference and power.

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

Perhaps some people voted for him for the reasons you stated but I haven't seen this opinion when talking to trump voters .. I can speak for myself and tell you that reasons I voted for him were his policies
Then I'm glad you are still satisfied with how he's doing. It's obvious he's trying. Just might take a little longer than he originally thought.
I based my comments on a lot of Trump supporters I've talked to, who when asked why they were supporting him, said things like "He's not p.c." and "He tells it like it is" and "He's a businessman, not a politician." So to me, it seems like personality more than policy was at work. I know some people actually chose him seriously.
You are listing some of the things some of his supporters like about him but not the reasons they voted for him. People voted for him because he took clear positions on the issues they cared about, and a lot of people voted for him who didn't like him but liked what he promised to do. On the other hand, Democrats had no idea why they supported Clinton. For the most part they didn't like her and she had no positions on any issues other than taxing the rich and allowing confused high school student pee where they liked.

Wise up!

How stupid Are you?

View attachment 123533

So did Obama's EO result in Gitmo being closed?
Would you like me to list the number of Obama's EOs that the courts laughed at as they threw them in the fucking garbage?
Obama Lost Supreme Court More Than Any Modern President

Wise up!

How stupid Are you?

View attachment 123533

Would you like me to list the number of Obama's EOs that the courts laughed at as they threw them in the fucking garbage?
Deflect much?

Wise up!

How stupid Are you?

View attachment 123533

Deflect much?

Wise up!
It was Congress that blocked funds to close Gitmo and prevented Obama from transferring them to the US
Obama did get the inmate population of Gitmo down from 240 to 80

Obama's biggest failure was to deny Gitmo inmates a formal trial. It is a disgrace to a country that brags about freedom and liberty

Dude and they went home and kiled US soldiers..

Wise up!

How stupid Are you?

View attachment 123533

Deflect much?
Quit embarrassing your self

You are listing some of the things some of his supporters like about him but not the reasons they voted for him. People voted for him because he took clear positions on the issues they cared about, and a lot of people voted for him who didn't like him but liked what he promised to do. On the other hand, Democrats had no idea why they supported Clinton. For the most part they didn't like her and she had no positions on any issues other than taxing the rich and allowing confused high school student pee where they liked.

People voted for him because he took clear positions on the issues they cared about,

Clear positions?
Like making Mexico pay for the wall
Like labeling China a currency manipulator
Like prosecuting Hillary
Like withdrawing from NAFTA
Like having a grand plan to defeat ISIS
Like repealing and replacing Obamacare

Trump has either reversed himself or done nothing on these clear positions

I don't see an answer to my question in there.

One problem is that he has to spend so much time fighting traitors, I don't see how he has gotten anything done.

People voted for him because he took clear positions on the issues they cared about,

Clear positions?
Like making Mexico pay for the wall
Like labeling China a currency manipulator
Like prosecuting Hillary
Like withdrawing from NAFTA
Like having a grand plan to defeat ISIS
Like repealing and replacing Obamacare

Trump has either reversed himself or done nothing on these clear positions
He has not reversed himself on any of his pledges and he is clearly working on all of them. What is clear from your post is that you have no idea why you oppose him.

If he killed my mother, it may give me pause.... but then he's Trump.

His SCOTUS picks alone do it for me.

All the other issues are dessert.

I don't see an answer to my question in there.
Might wanna temper those high expectations a bit Mac, after all this is an Internet Message board as in; ask an honest question, get mostly unintelligible gibberish in response. :D

"But he's got high hopes, he's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie, in the sky hopes
" -- Frank Sinatra, High Hopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back