Republicans: Do you have a breaking point with Trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?

image.jpeg

Serious question: Back during the campaign, those of us who were not voting for Trump didn't believe that he'd be able to follow through on a pretty significant percentage of his promises. We were mocked, of course, but now that we know the ACA won't be repealed, that Mexico won't be paying for the wall, that Trump even backed out of requiring WE fund the wall, and that he's softening on NAFTA and NATO and other issues, I'd like to know:

Have you thought about how much leeway you'll give him on his promises before you'd stop supporting him?
Republicans: Do you have a breaking point with Trump?
Nope. All I have to say is that you US citizens for waking the fuck up and stopping 4 more years of failed Obama policies that the slimy, sickly, crooked vagina ex-candidate would of kept.

I have understood for a long time that what someone promises during a campaign and what they can do when they are elected are very different things.
I think part of his appeal may not have even specifically about issues, per se. Part of it was like a primal scream, people who have become so frustrated with the status quo that voting for him was like flipping the bird to the system. If that's the case, the individual decisions and legislation are essentially secondary.

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

You don't "know" fuck all pal.
You have formed an opinion as I have.
Let's give Trump the same amount of time as the LIBs/Lib MSM gave Obama.
Obama broke virtually every pre-election promise he made. The LIBs and his LIB MSM gave him every excuse they could.
Remember how he was going to "close Gitmo on his first day"?
It looks like the repeal of Obamacare could happen as early as this Friday.

In other words, his supporters didn't vote for him because of his policies or promises. They liked his entertainment value. He made them laugh; his speeches didn't put them to sleep. Reality TV star, willing to be rude, talks like a 3rd grader so no one is left out, tweets insults all night long. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?
Or because they are just partisan hacks. Or because the Supreme Court..
I doubt its because the thought he was entertaining..

I thought Trumps political career was through when he mocked POWs for being captured.
After that it was obvious his minions would forgive him for anything

Last edited:
Okay, TN. You know best.

Well I almost voted for him because his daughter (Ivanka) is smokin' hot and because Donald Duck is so outrageous he was actually funny at times, so I said what the hell, Democrats and Republicans both suck ass so what difference does it make? .. fortunately before I could do it, the alcohol wore off and I sobered up. :D

so here's my personal view on the topics you brought up

I didn't like the 1st proposed health care plan, am glad it wasn't approved and I'll wait for the next plan to judge. But in the end anything would be better than obama care

If he can't make Mexico pay for the wall, I'm okay with that. I am open to other ways of funding the wall but I can't make a judgement because it's still in beggining of whole process. And the final funding plan hasn't officially been released yet.

As far as NAFTA and NATO it's a process negotiations deals are complex and take time and work. I'll make my evaluations at the final results not the beggining

I think it's unrealistic to say everything he proposed on his campaign will be implemented with no struggles or tweaks.these things take time not 100 days.

I also want a President that can react to events appropriately and if that means making changes in policies when needed that's fine.I'd be worried if he was unwilling to change any details of his initial plans.

We don't want a robot that's unwilling to change his stances when deemed necesary if it is the right action to do so for our county.

Also keep in mind canidate trump had wayyy less access to informationt then president trump does .changes are expected given all the newly acquired intel and developments

So far I think he is doing great and have agreed with most of he actions, but it's only been 100 days anything could happen so I'm not sure what ecxactly would change my support that's a good question tho

Last edited:

You don't "know" fuck all pal.
You have formed an opinion as I have.
Let's give Trump the same amount of time as the LIBs/Lib MSM gave Obama.
Obama broke virtually every pre-election promise he made. The LIBs and his LIB MSM gave him every excuse they could.
Remember how he was going to "close Gitmo on his first day"?
It looks like the repeal of Obamacare could happen as early as this Friday.
Obama did close it ..and the courts said no

Okay, TN. You know best.
I am wrong all the time. It just seems that way because people say extremely stupid things like that all the time on here :thup:

Perhaps some people voted for him for the reasons you stated but I haven't seen this opinion when talking to trump voters .. I can speak for myself and tell you that reasons I voted for him were his policies

I'll let you know if he ever does anything wrong. So far, he's exceeded all my expectations.

More importantly for Repubs is the tax cuts that will drive up the deficit. That one alone should be a non-starter.

How much longer? As long as it takes to get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back