Republicans Care About Small Businesses...Right?

Notice mostly how quickly people here missed the point of the editorial?

That's not because they didn't get it.

Its because addressing the point will make the GOP look bad.

Far better to pretend that the editorial is a straw man complaining about WALMART and beat that invention up, eh?

Cowards
I didn't watch the movie Braveheart, I went by what the OP said. I'm not interesting in watch an opinion video on how evil the Republican party is. And I hope I don't need to explain what you can do with your opinion.

Notice mostly how quickly people here missed the point of the editorial?

That's not because they didn't get it.

Its because addressing the point will make the GOP look bad.

Far better to pretend that the editorial is a straw man complaining about WALMART and beat that invention up, eh?

Cowards
I didn't watch the movie Braveheart, I went by what the OP said. I'm not interesting in watch an opinion video on how evil the Republican party is. And I hope I don't need to explain what you can do with your opinion.

LOl, I was going to say I wonder how many people even give crap about this thread...

Can't speak for Republicans, but I can for libertarians, who would say it's not that we care specifically about small business, but free enterprise. Customers should be free to choose to engage in any sized business they like without politicians favoring one over the other.

That said, the idea that the policies and regulations imposed by central planners from either party don't tend to support large businesses over the little guy is ridiculous. If "too big to fail" is a problem, you can be sure Democrats and meddling Republicans will only make the 'problem' worse.

You've implied Dems don't enact policies that favor big business. That's patently ridiculous. Your inability to see past intentions and look to actual results is as mind numbing as your bias is overwhelming.

Fuck no they don't, George Bush eradicated small business and destroyed the middle class during his time in office.

Rich Republicans are only about Rich Republicans, the rest are too stupid to know any different.
I was in business serving others in business and he didn't eradicate anyone I knew. Were you in high school?

So Republicans, answer me this...is driving small businesses out of business good for small businesses?

They can get savvy about advertising, give out rewards, etc etc
OR go under
that's how life works...you don't always win and sometime you fail
but what would any of you government dependents know about that
Basically another version of "Let them die!" And you people say that Grayson is crazy. Got it! :thup:

So Republicans, answer me this...is driving small businesses out of business good for small businesses?

I do not think you are going to get a straight answer out of them, they say they care about small business but if it cannot compete then it must be bad and not worthy of concern.
I think you are right, as it had already started almost before I hit <ENTER> on my keyboard.

Times change.

Smart, small business owners adjust their business model and move on.

Others whine.
Right, more of the same. "Let zem DIE!" Thanks for your contribution. :thup:

I'm a conservative, not a Republican, but I don't want you to focus on that and blow a gasket. Wally World also puts up stores in heavily Democrat/liberal areas so how Republicans are responsible for that will have to remain a mystery wrapped in an enigma. I have been a small businessman for 27 plus years and obviously supportive of anyone in the same boat but can say if you are trying to compete with WallMart, you will fail.

If you open up a burger joint next to a McDonalds you better have something different to offer the public. Or you will fail. You want to outlaw McDonalds too? What law would you pass?
Where do I start with this claptrap? Is it the LOCAL small businesses that up and DECIDE to put up shop next to these established MEGA CORPORATIONS or is it these MEGA CORPORATIONS that decide to enter a small town and setup shop there?

If you're going to debate, you should be honest sir.

Can't speak for Republicans, but I can for libertarians, who would say it's not that we care specifically about small business, but free enterprise. Customers should be free to choose to engage in any sized business they like without politicians favoring one over the other.

That said, the idea that the policies and regulations imposed by central planners from either party don't tend to support large businesses over the little guy is ridiculous. If "too big to fail" is a problem, you can be sure Democrats and meddling Republicans will only make the 'problem' worse.

You've implied Dems don't enact policies that favor big business. That's patently ridiculous. Your inability to see past intentions and look to actual results is as mind numbing as your bias is overwhelming.
Then this thread wasn't necessarily targetted to you.

Libertarians are a whole other can of worms. You guys are on the kooky side.

Will address you folks in other future threads.

I appreciate your feedback though. <--- not kidding either.

Or so they say.

They were quick to scream, wail and moan that Obamacare would be DETRIMENTAL to small businesses. However, they don't seem to have that sentiment when it comes to Big Corporations such as WalMart which is KNOWN to absolutely DECIMATE local small businesses wherever it raises it's ugly head.

So you don't understand the difference between Obamacare, where government is screwing us (small business owners) and Walmart which is competing in the marketplace?

We don't need government to harm our competitors as you demand, we just need them to stop harming us.

Or so they say.

They were quick to scream, wail and moan that Obamacare would be DETRIMENTAL to small businesses. However, they don't seem to have that sentiment when it comes to Big Corporations such as WalMart which is KNOWN to absolutely DECIMATE local small businesses wherever it raises it's ugly head.

How many employees lose their jobs at these small businesses compared to the number of people who gain employment at the WalMart which "decimated" the small businesses?

I would bet WalMart creates more jobs than it destroys in those towns.

In the video, the speaker claimed small businesses don't contribue to political campaigns.

Oh yes they do. Has he never heard of the Chamber of Commerce?

As for ObamaCare, not only will it damage businesses, it will bankrupt the federal treasury as well as the treasuries of all 50 states.

Fuck no they don't, George Bush eradicated small business and destroyed the middle class during his time in office.

Rich Republicans are only about Rich Republicans, the rest are too stupid to know any different.
I was in business serving others in business and he didn't eradicate anyone I knew. Were you in high school?

No, I was working in my family's multi-million dollar mom and pops business until we sold when Bush gang-raped banking and governmental practices that helped foster small business while devaluing the currency and destroying this country with his pointless cocksucking wars. We got out clean luckily, our friends and family not so lucky. Not to mention destroying the economy with his debt which will take two or three generations to fix if (god willing) this country isn't stupid enough to put another Republican in office.

When I was a kid during the Clinton Administration, virtually every family in our neighborhood had small or side businesses as well as good paying careers. This piece of Bush comes along and it was like a pandemic cleaned out the upper-middle class as people were fired and scrambling for shit jobs desperately trying to make ends meet for the first time in our life.

That's great that none of this effected you and you don't care, that's very Republican of you.

Last edited:
Or so they say.

How many employees lose their jobs at these small businesses compared to the number of people who gain employment at the WalMart which "decimated" the small businesses?

I would bet WalMart creates more jobs than it destroys in those towns.

In the video, the speaker claimed small businesses don't contribue to political campaigns.

Oh yes they do. Has he never heard of the Chamber of Commerce?

Yes. And the rest of the community is richer because they pay less for the same thing. If you buy a can of soup at Walmart for ten cents less than your grocery store, you have the same can of soup and ten more cents. Walmart also provides jobs to the people who need them the most. People with little education, experience or skills.

It isn't WalMart that is destroying the incomes of Americans. It is our deteriorating education system which has been robbing Americans of marketable skills, not WalMart.

The high tech industries are not very unionized. This is because the skills required to perform the jobs in those industries are rare. This gives the highly skilled worker negotiating power. So those people don't need unions.

Low skilled jobs need unions because low skilled people have zero negotiating power. The education system left them with zero skills and thus powerless in the marketplace.

The liberal solution is to try to force corporations to keep low skilled jobs here in America and then force those corporations to pay their workers more than their skills are worth.

That is a self-defeating bullshit solution.

The proper solution is to provide our kids with superior skills. We are the richest nation on Earth and we are training our kids to be lava lamp assembly line workers.

Common Core attempts to address this shortfall. There was a time not long ago that conservatives were totally on board with Common Core. Common Core attempts to provide the skills to students which the business world says it needs people to have. The business community worked hand in hand with state governments to develop the courses. This was all done on the state level, with no federal funds or direction.

Republicans like to brag about how many state governments they control. Well, 44 states enacted Common Core. That means it had HUGE support on the Right. Conservative icons like Bobby Jindal, Jeb Bush, Mike Huckabee, and Jan Brewer all supported it.

But then one day...Barack Obama endorsed Common Core. The next thing you know, Common Core is the tool of Satan. So now the Right has become self-defeating, too. Bobby Jindal couldn't flip fast enough! But at least Mike Huckabee has the integrity to stick to his guns and ask Americans to keep supporting Common Core and not be, quite literally, willful idiots.

We need to train our people for the jobs of tomorrow, not for their daddys' factory jobs. Lava lamp assembly line jobs rightfully belong overseas, lifting those poor bastards out of extreme poverty.

Last edited:
Times change.

Smart, small business owners adjust their business model and move on.

Others whine.

Walmart and the various chains have taken over practically every niche in retail, food and entertainment and vigorously defend their market share. Drive down the main drag in your town, it looks just like any other town, there is no longer any room for a startup in a huge segment of American commerce. It's a blight on our landscape and it makes me sick to think most Americans like it that way.

you've never driven downtown then

ours is thriving with a walmart 2 miles away

Outlaw Walmart. Make everyone living off of food stamps and govt. assistance go shop at retail outlets paying arbitrary minimum wage set by government, where store owners have significant energy, regulation, compliance, nad corporate tax cost.

Guess what will happen? These costs will be passed on to the customer. Customers may figure at that price, it will be cheaper to order direct from China, India, Mexico......countries with low wages, no energy or environmental regulations, no unions, limited legal liability and compliance costs. Then, what happens.

Demand for high priced goods drops. Store closed. More people on food stamps and out of the labor participation pool.

No room for Liberal interpretation in Supply and Demand.

but.....but......Costco..........libs are against big box except when they can use them for propaganda on living wage.

Walmart really helps small business. Go to any Walmart and there will be clusters of small businesses like Walmart is the chicken sitting on its eggs.

What Walmart does hurt are those small businesses who sell cheap goods well overpriced. They deserve to go out of business.

Forum List

Back